Justin Jefferson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Justin Jefferson

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Justin was incredible today! How did the Vikings get so lucky to have him? If Jefferson stays healthy his entire career, he will be the 3rd best wide receiver in franchise history after Moss and Carter
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Justin Jefferson

Post by IIsweet »

Funny 😂😂😂
Conversation today was just that.... Someone commented that if he is able to continue his pace for 13 1/2 years, he surpasses Jerry Rice as greatest of all time.
Love Moss, love Carter, but this kid is something special. Of course, it is such a passing league now, but he is still very young and to be this good at such an early stage says so much.
Imagine him with a QB who has time in the pocket !!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:06 pm Funny 😂😂😂
Conversation today was just that.... Someone commented that if he is able to continue his pace for 13 1/2 years, he surpasses Jerry Rice as greatest of all time.
Love Moss, love Carter, but this kid is something special. Of course, it is such a passing league now, but he is still very young and to be this good at such an early stage says so much.
Imagine him with a QB who has time in the pocket !!!
IMO Moss was a game changer. He was the fastest guy on the field and teams needed to keep the safeties back or he would score. Just throw it as far as you can dawg and I'll go get it. He made stiff QBs look great. Don't take that as a knock. They are different type of players. I'd take a young Moss with his reach, hands and blazing speed.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I absolutely love Moss as well.
I would take him in a heartbeat and he is probably one of the top 3 WRs of all time IMO.
Without a doubt, the most game changing player I have ever seen.
I just think that the combination of speed, hads, route running, and moxie, will come close to overtaking Moss when it is over.
I will have no problem putting him ahead of Carter, in due time !!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

According to Next Gen Stats:
Justin Jefferson was responsible for nine receptions with a sub-50% completion probability, the most in a game by any receiver in the NGS era. No other player has had more than six.
Just STOP with the idea that if JJ continues his current trajectory, he’ll only be third in Vikings history. We’re witnessing potentially the best in NFL HISTORY. Cris Carter, for all his greatness, was not better than this kid. And Moss, while an athletic freak, couldn’t run routes like JJ.

Jefferson still has a long way to go to catch them. But if he stays healthy, he’ll pass them both, especially if O’Connell sticks around.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:04 am According to Next Gen Stats:
Justin Jefferson was responsible for nine receptions with a sub-50% completion probability, the most in a game by any receiver in the NGS era. No other player has had more than six.
Just STOP with the idea that if JJ continues his current trajectory, he’ll only be third in Vikings history. We’re witnessing potentially the best in NFL HISTORY. Cris Carter, for all his greatness, was not better than this kid. And Moss, while an athletic freak, couldn’t run routes like JJ.

Jefferson still has a long way to go to catch them. But if he stays healthy, he’ll pass them both, especially if O’Connell sticks around.
It is just a matter of opinion, Justin will be 3rd best receiver in franchise history after Moss and Carter if Jefferson stays healthy, there is no way I am putting Jefferson over Moss and Carter, you are just going to have to accept my opinion
:confused:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:33 am

It is just a matter of opinion, Justin will be 3rd best receiver in franchise history after Moss and Carter if Jefferson stays healthy, there is no way I am putting Jefferson over Moss and Carter, you are just going to have to accept my opinion
And you're just going to have to accept mine. Deal?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:51 am

Deal
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I've seen Moss and Jefferson play. Jefferson is not in the same realm as Moss. Love him, but no way.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:51 am

I accept that it's your opinion. I also believe your opinion couldn't be more wrong. Jefferson can't IMO be mentioned in the same breath as Moss. Moss take a breath Jefferson. That's OK.
If IF IF Jefferson ever has a 20TD season I will reconsider.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

I loved Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Anthony Carter, Sammy White, Ahmad Rashad and many others.

But they're all retired and Justin Jefferson is the best WR in the league right now. I'm enjoying watching him do his thing, his own way, and setting records in the process.

If there's a WR you would trade him for 1:1, let me know.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

soflavike wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:56 pm I loved Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Anthony Carter, Sammy White, Ahmad Rashad and many others.

But they're all retired and Justin Jefferson is the best WR in the league right now. I'm enjoying watching him do his thing, his own way, and setting records in the process.

If there's a WR you would trade him for 1:1, let me know.
Diggs and Kupp are crazy good, but older. No way would I trade JJ for either.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:56 pm Justin was incredible today! How did the Vikings get so lucky to have him? If Jefferson stays healthy his entire career, he will be the 3rd best wide receiver in franchise history after Moss and Carter
How do you define "best", because it seems like first off all, its impossible to compare the 3 since 1 of them is active and the other two are retired. Are we talking total yards for a career? Some period of time during a career? With the Vikings, or overall? TDs? Playoff success? What if the Vikings win the Superbowl this year and JJ pulls in another impossible catch to win it all?

I get where you're coming from (I think), but JJ is in his 3rd year in the league and in his first two the Vikings didn't exactly enjoy a lot of success. Seems a little bit early to call the ball in terms of where he ends up in the pantheon of Vikings greats.

With that said, Moss was a unique athlete. Obviously JJ will never develop into Moss in terms of that aspect of the two players, but beyond that I see no reason JJ can't meet or exceed the overall careers of either or both of Carter and Moss. He's already on track to do exactly that in most statistical categories as I understand it.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingLord wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:13 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:56 pm Justin was incredible today! How did the Vikings get so lucky to have him? If Jefferson stays healthy his entire career, he will be the 3rd best wide receiver in franchise history after Moss and Carter
How do you define "best", because it seems like first off all, its impossible to compare the 3 since 1 of them is active and the other two are retired. Are we talking total yards for a career? Some period of time during a career? With the Vikings, or overall? TDs? Playoff success? What if the Vikings win the Superbowl this year and JJ pulls in another impossible catch to win it all?

I get where you're coming from (I think), but JJ is in his 3rd year in the league and in his first two the Vikings didn't exactly enjoy a lot of success. Seems a little bit early to call the ball in terms of where he ends up in the pantheon of Vikings greats.

With that said, Moss was a unique athlete. Obviously JJ will never develop into Moss in terms of that aspect of the two players, but beyond that I see no reason JJ can't meet or exceed the overall careers of either or both of Carter and Moss. He's already on track to do exactly that in most statistical categories as I understand it.
Teams pass more these days so receivers put up more numbers. It doesn't mean they're better, but it doesn't mean they aren't. I've seen Jefferson play and I've seen Moss play. Moss was better.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:52 pm

I've seen Moss and Jefferson play. Jefferson is not in the same realm as Moss. Love him, but no way.
I've seen Moss drop a sure uncontested TD in a clutch situation with no defender really even a factor. He heard steps lol. Just one of the reasons why the Vikings lost the 98 NFC championship Game. Make that Catch and Garry Anderson never Has to attempt a FG in OT. Jefferson, according to some sports Journalists and NFL types are already drawing comparisons between him and Jerry Rice. Was Moss as good as Jerry Rice? Or even John Taylor? for that matter.
Skol