Best media source to watch the game.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Best media source to watch the game.

Post by Fran the Man »

I’m in remote Alaska but I do have internet access. I’m looking into purchasing online, a way to watch the Vikings every week. There seems to be several choices, Hulu, Paramount plus, and a host of others. Does anyone here have any particular sites that they prefer? I can’t stand the thought of maybe missing the Green Bay game.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Best media source to watch the game.

Post by VikingLord »

This doesn't tell where every area in Alaska gets what game, but it does for Anchorage and Fairbanks:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=1
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Fran the Man wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:09 pm I’m in remote Alaska but I do have internet access. I’m looking into purchasing online, a way to watch the Vikings every week. There seems to be several choices, Hulu, Paramount plus, and a host of others. Does anyone here have any particular sites that they prefer? I can’t stand the thought of maybe missing the Green Bay game.
Hey Fran the Man. Long time no see I think.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:40 pm
Fran the Man wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:09 pm I’m in remote Alaska but I do have internet access. I’m looking into purchasing online, a way to watch the Vikings every week. There seems to be several choices, Hulu, Paramount plus, and a host of others. Does anyone here have any particular sites that they prefer? I can’t stand the thought of maybe missing the Green Bay game.
Hey Fran the Man. Long time no see I think.
Yup, haven’t posted in a long time. I’m trying real hard to get setup here in remote Alaska to be able to stream on my IPad the nfl games. Not having much luck. Amazon prime is supposed to air TNF but looks like it doesn’t start till 9/15. Anyway if anyone knows of a way, please let me know.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Does anyone use fubotv?
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

VikingLord wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:35 pm This doesn't tell where every area in Alaska gets what game, but it does for Anchorage and Fairbanks:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=1
I think that link is for what is shown on network tv, not online games.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I use NFL gamepass and a VPN. NFL gamepass isn't available to people in the US, but with the VPN you can use a network in another country (Canada doesn't work). I usually use Netherlands. The VPN I use is called ExpressVPN and is around $13 a month. Gamepass is $188 per season.

Gamepass allows you to watch every game, get "Red zone" which switches through all games during "important" parts of them, and games in 30 minutes which cuts out all commercials and "non plays" (touchbacks, fair catches, etc.)

I'm not sure if the other services provide every game or are more just cable replacements. I may well be paying too much for what I'm getting but I've been using it for years and I guess I'm just used to having it and the features.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Cliff wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:30 am [quote="Fran the Man" post_id=712419 time=<a href="tel:1662674999">1662674999</a> user_id=1679]
I’m in remote Alaska but I do have internet access. I’m looking into purchasing online, a way to watch the Vikings every week. There seems to be several choices, Hulu, Paramount plus, and a host of others. Does anyone here have any particular sites that they prefer? I can’t stand the thought of maybe missing the Green Bay game.
I use NFL gamepass and a VPN. NFL gamepass isn't available to people in the US, but with the VPN you can use a network in another country (Canada doesn't work). I usually use Netherlands. The VPN I use is called ExpressVPN and is around $13 a month. Gamepass is $188 per season.

Gamepass allows you to watch every game, get "Red zone" which switches through all games during "important" parts of them, and games in 30 minutes which cuts out all commercials and "non plays" (touchbacks, fair catches, etc.)

I'm not sure if the other services provide every game or are more just cable replacements. I may well be paying too much for what I'm getting but I've been using it for years and I guess I'm just used to having it and the features.
[/quote]. Thank you very much for the info Cliff (And of course for all the hard work you do to keep this Board running) I’ll check it out.