OTA's Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:18 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:23 am It is pretty funny how all the reports out of OTAs were how good Bisi looked and then OTAs end and the team's first moves are to replace him. First they bring in Dede and now they have signed Albert Wilson:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... year-deal/
Wilson could simply be a camp body. I'm far from sold he will make the final 53. As for Bisi, I'm pretty "meh" on him anyways. I'd rather have ISM as the #4 over Bisi. I think he has a much higher ceiling.
He might not make the team, but the fact the Vikings immediately looked for more competition at the 4th WR spot after OTAs and not any other position is very telling.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:23 am It is pretty funny how all the reports out of OTAs were how good Bisi looked and then OTAs end and the team's first moves are to replace him. First they bring in Dede and now they have signed Albert Wilson:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... year-deal/
Wilson could simply be a camp body. I'm far from sold he will make the final 53. As for Bisi, I'm pretty "meh" on him anyways. I'd rather have ISM as the #4 over Bisi. I think he has a much higher ceiling.
I really don't care about Bisi, I never have. Westbrook greatly disappointed me last year, but that was first year back after a bad injury. He could return to better form this year. ISM and Nailor are unknown commodities instantly giving me preference over the known commodity Bisi.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

ISM injured and Albert Wilson signed.

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

The Vikings waived running back A.J. Rose Jr. on Wednesday to make room on the roster for wide receiver Albert Wilson. Rose was an OTA HOFer last year. Dede Westbrook turned down an offer because he's got other teams on his list so Wilson took the min salary. If ISM gets over his injury Wilson will be gone.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:02 am

He might not make the team, but the fact the Vikings immediately looked for more competition at the 4th WR spot after OTAs and not any other position is very telling.
I think it's pretty clear now they signed Wilson to fill ISMs spot this offseason while he recovers from injury. This wasnt to "replace" Bisi
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Z being held out due to "precautionary reasons"

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:38 pm Z being held out due to "precautionary reasons"

Hopefully this isn't the Zim version of precautionary which translates to season ending or hardly ever playing.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:57 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:38 pm Z being held out due to "precautionary reasons"

Hopefully this isn't the Zim version of precautionary which translates to season ending or hardly ever playing.
I placed the Quote marks around precautionary reasons for a reason. We've been burned before.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

CharVike wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:57 pm

Oh god please no.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Vikings sign DE Jonathan Bullard, waive DE Kenny Willekes. Willekes will go on IR if he clears waivers.
Bullard was a third-round pick of the Chicago Bears in the 2016 NFL Draft, and has appeared in 70 career NFL games with 16 starts. He spent his first three NFL seasons with Chicago and followed that up with stints with the Arizona Cardinals, the Seattle Seahawks, and the Atlanta Falcons.
In his NFL career, Bullard has collected 113 tackles and 3.5 sacks.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

IIsweet wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:25 pm So look ok. How are OTA's going ???
Isn't that the thread? Living out of Minnesota doesn't provide any Vikings news. Curious as to who's doing well and any rookie surprises?
A person could spend all day every day watching Vikings content on YouTube to the point where forums are an afterthought. There is a lot of interaction and discussion on Facebook groups as well. If I lived out of state I would look into checking those out if you’re not gorging on enough Vikings news and speculation. :smilevike:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StanM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:17 am
IIsweet wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:25 pm So look ok. How are OTA's going ???
Isn't that the thread? Living out of Minnesota doesn't provide any Vikings news. Curious as to who's doing well and any rookie surprises?
A person could spend all day every day watching Vikings content on YouTube to the point where forums are an afterthought. There is a lot of interaction and discussion on Facebook groups as well. If I lived out of state I would look into checking those out if you’re not gorging on enough Vikings news and speculation. :smilevike:
You hit that on the head. I was also out of the local area and creamed my jeans over getting Bob Lurtsema Viking Update every month I think it was. It's almost to the point of overwhelming but it's better than the old days when you heard nothing. What they talk about during OTAs usually don't mean a dam thing. If a guy has no chance they will never come out and say the guy sucks. Everybody is a superstar at OTAs. Training camp will thin it out.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

If Za'Darius if injured, to the point he wont start this season, I will never trust this team again. If their doctors aernt as goo as GB's, who were smart enough to trade him, I will be very unhappy. This team hasnt had bad luck all these years, they have had terrible management and coaches. :wallbang:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:10 pm If Za'Darius if injured, to the point he wont start this season, I will never trust this team again. If their doctors aernt as goo as GB's, who were smart enough to trade him, I will be very unhappy. This team hasnt had bad luck all these years, they have had terrible management and coaches. :wallbang:
Green Bay didn't trade him. He left that crappy town of his own free will. Sitting out a voluntary practice shouldn't be cause for much concern.

I hope :shock: :confused:
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:31 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:10 pm If Za'Darius if injured, to the point he wont start this season, I will never trust this team again. If their doctors aernt as goo as GB's, who were smart enough to trade him, I will be very unhappy. This team hasnt had bad luck all these years, they have had terrible management and coaches. :wallbang:
Green Bay didn't trade him. He left that crappy town of his own free will.
Incorrect, he was cut, which makes the original point valid.