JJ snubbed again

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

JJ snubbed again

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Last year, Justin Jefferson lost out to Justin Herbert for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Most thought that was right, although it was very close and could have been deemed a snub (especially by JJ and the Vikings). It was at least arguable.

But this year ...

The NFL All-Pro team just came out. Pro Bowl is great, but All-Pro is what cements potential Hall-of-Fame careers.

Justin Jefferson is not on it.

Cooper Kupp is the first WR on the list. That's appropriate. He won the Triple Crown of receiving. He had one of the great seasons in league history.

Davante Adams is on it. Yes, he's a very good player for the NFC's No. 1 seed. But JJ has better numbers, playing for a far less-talented quarterback. Given there are three WRs on the All-Pro team, I can live with Davante Adams.

Here's where I really get pissed. Ja'Marr Chase is on the All-Pro team.

I'm sorry, but you don't make All-Pro on the basis of one game. Yes, it was an incredible game. But it's wrong. And again, Chase has Joe Burrow throwing to him, who is not only miles better than Kirk Cousins, but was also his college quarterback. JJ's numbers were better, and his team was worse.

Last year, I thought JJ should have been OROY. I was in the minority on that opinion, and I accept that.

This year ... I'll go to my grave believing Justin Jefferson got snubbed.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: JJ snubbed again

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Correction to my original post.

Deebo Samuel got the last WR spot, not Chase.

I still think it’s wrong.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

It shouldn’t matter, but do you think it has anything to do with the Vikings not being a playoff team?
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I don't think he was snubbed.
The toss up between all 3 (Chase, JJ and Deebo) is very close.
Deebo has 1400 + 350 + 14 tds
Justin had 1600 + 10 tds
Chase had 1455 + 13tds

An argument can be made for all 3. Its not a snub. He lost to Deebo who had more total yards than him and 4 more tds. The difference was 1 vote.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Tough call. But the way the game is played, maybe add a FLEX to All Pro. Just to prevent a snub. This year, had 5 incredible WR performances... and next year gets DHop back.
He is very deserving, but ai cannot argue with who was selected, because I would have also.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

IIsweet wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:59 pm Tough call. But the way the game is played, maybe add a FLEX to All Pro. Just to prevent a snub. This year, had 5 incredible WR performances... and next year gets DHop back.
He is very deserving, but ai cannot argue with who was selected, because I would have also.
There is second team all-pro, right?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:41 am Last year, Justin Jefferson lost out to Justin Herbert for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Most thought that was right, although it was very close and could have been deemed a snub (especially by JJ and the Vikings). It was at least arguable.

But this year ...

The NFL All-Pro team just came out. Pro Bowl is great, but All-Pro is what cements potential Hall-of-Fame careers.

Justin Jefferson is not on it.

Cooper Kupp is the first WR on the list. That's appropriate. He won the Triple Crown of receiving. He had one of the great seasons in league history.

Davante Adams is on it. Yes, he's a very good player for the NFC's No. 1 seed. But JJ has better numbers, playing for a far less-talented quarterback. Given there are three WRs on the All-Pro team, I can live with Davante Adams.

Here's where I really get pissed. Ja'Marr Chase is on the All-Pro team.

I'm sorry, but you don't make All-Pro on the basis of one game. Yes, it was an incredible game. But it's wrong. And again, Chase has Joe Burrow throwing to him, who is not only miles better than Kirk Cousins, but was also his college quarterback. JJ's numbers were better, and his team was worse.

Last year, I thought JJ should have been OROY. I was in the minority on that opinion, and I accept that.

This year ... I'll go to my grave believing Justin Jefferson got snubbed.
You just answered it with this post. You posted Burrow is miles better than Cousins. I'm not going through every stat because some feel stats mean nothing but Burrow had 34 tds and 14 ints while Cousins had 33 tds and 7 ints. I don't see that as miles better matter of fact I would take Cousins stats with half the interceptions and 1 less TD. It comes down to interpretation by the voter. Same with OROY. I've been watching and following the NFL a long time but the QB will always get the nod. That's why Herbert got it and I think he deserved it. Rodgers got MVP and chocked in the playoffs. A loser. Can't move an inch Brady was snubbed and won the Super Bowl with a new team in a new conference. Doing it with a half baked wild card squad that had to hit the road the entire time. The voters didn't think that was a very good accomplishment while I think it could be considered the all time greatest accomplishment at the season level. Interpretation by the voters.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

JJ did make 2nd team All Pro. I wouldn't call it a snub as a snub would mean someone got voted in that had way less stats than one who didn't. It's pretty hard to pick just 3 wide receivers and I don't think you can say that any of the 3 (Kupp, Adams & Samuels) have a lot worse stats than JJ.