This is painful

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

This is painful

Post by Boon »

Came across this on reddit. Thought I'd post it here to just salt our own wounds . https://mobile.twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL ... sSglw&s=09
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: This is painful

Post by CharVike »

Thanks for this. It's actually hard to believe an NFL QB can play that bad and still be in the game. We had no chance. Was there something wrong with his neck? He never looked down field. It looked like he threw the game. Maybe he had money on it. He refused to throw downfield or even look downfield.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Wasn’t he outplayed by a QBs, what’s his name? A QB that never started a NFL game. Was he even drafted?
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I could write a long post.. but I think Painful indeed.. 1:55 seconds of painful what if agony.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

This is why we've gone through so many OC's. Yes, some were not very good but you also can't force Cousins to throw the ball. Guys are open, he just doesn't see them or is too risk averse to pull the trigger.

And this is why I was so pissed off when he got that extension. The initial signing I can understand, maybe Cousins was in a Stafford-like situation where the rest of his team was bringing him down. But after two years here that clearly wasn't the case. He was the same up and down Kirk that played in Washington. Yes, the OL wasn't good, but he was already shaky enough that they should have made him play out that last year before handing out that extension. Keep in mind this was a fully guaranteed, no trade, never been done before contract.

This (and the OL sucking for a decade) are the main reasons why Rick needs to go along with Zimmer. This isn't only a Zimmer issue, it's a top down issue. There's absolutely no way they're watching this tape and saying, "Yup, that's definitely a $45 million dollar QB." No way. But Rick went all in on Cousins and he'd have a lot of egg on his face if he went from unprecedented contract to moving on. Basically, I really believe his ego is why Cousins got that extension. An ego that makes him think he's smarter than everyone else and can find all these 7th round gems.

None of this ends until Rick, Zimmer, and Cousins are gone. All of them.