Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

Post by CharVike »

CharVike wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 am
phantom wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:07 am
I do not see to many Cousins Jersey in the stands, Maybe US Bank stadium has something to do with that attendance right now. Plus there is revenue sharing in the NFL. Even when teams win they ratings improve in there local markets. When struggle there ratings go down but they won't go out of business because of revenue sharing.
You are correct with the revenue sharing I understand that. But a team still would like to sell as many tickets as possible. Our team can bring Case back. Will that make us a Super Bowl contender? The Cousins haters keep saying get rid of him he sucks but nobody has a better replacement. Now it's Mond. The guy sucks. Can't even win the backup spot. I watched him in pre season and he is a long way off from playing. Speilman blew it during the draft. We could have Jones. For a rookie he is performing the best of all them. We can bring back Teddy. He is a joke. He gives us zero chance. Not many want that. Perhaps you do. We are not a great team this year. People think it's one player. Look at this secondary we have. Who is our shut down corner? Washed up PP who can't run as he once did. Smith who is a fan favorite is not playing like the 25 YO Smith. The other safety is worthless. Nobody sees this. Does anyone even know who our starters are? The OL is a developing unit. Football is the ultimate team sport. One player won't turn a POS into a champion. The Browns who beat us have a great QB. Is he that much better than Cousins? Maybe so. The guy goes through games where he can't do anything and they still win. The Ravens won last week and Jackson game was bad. I don't think Cousins ever had a game that bad. But they still won. There D gave up 7. See how that works. They also won when there FG kicker booted a 66 yarder on the joke Lions. It took that to beat that joke team. Our FG kicker is lucky to even make a chip shot. You need a complete team. We have some good young players and a punch of older guys who are not what they were. Every week will be a struggle. If we play well we can beat the good teams. We hammered Seattle. That's Cousins beating a HOF QB. I said it because no one else will. He also had help. Funny how that works. We should have beat the undefeated Cards in their house. That's playing good ball but no win. Our offense has sucked in the second half all season. We can't score. I should have saved the article were Zim said they are working on that problem. Him and the coaches looked at tendencies ect.... He gave the coaches things to look at. As I said Zim runs the offense not the duffess who is Cousins buddy. The QB will get the blame which is OK because he runs the show. In Zim's attack Cook is the main man. He is the centerpiece. Everything is built off that. When Cook plays and performs to his ability we are a very good offense. Cook is our Emmitt Smith. Cook hasn't played that much which has hurt us. He's a great dual threat RB.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:00 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:23 pm Here’s the deal. I’ll talk about Kirk Cousins if I darn well please. I don’t care what you, StumpHunter, or anybody else says or thinks. If you’re tired of talking about Kirk Cousins, then maybe don’t chime in on a thread ABOUT Kirk Cousins.
Be my guest.

This thread had become in large part the sort of tit-for-tat, highly personal and negative talk that destroyed the old UseNet board and I think turns a lot of people off from wanting to come here and certainly contribute here.
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:23 pm As for StumpHunter, cry me a river. Go to any thread where Kirk Cousins is mentioned and see what his comments are. I’ve had the guy insult me when I’ve agreed with him, and on multiple occasions, so I’d say he brings a lot of this sh!t onto himself. Not only that, Stump’s a big boy. I’m guessing he can take care of himself.
For the record, if people were piling on you, or Victorious, or Pondering, or Texas Vike, or anyone else, for that matter, I'd speak up just the same.

I'm not going to defend anyone who insults others, but from what I've seen Stumphunter usually tries to back up what he's saying with data. I actually enjoy engaging with him because A) he usually has a contrarian viewpoint or at the very least, a more sober perspective that makes me take a step back (and that is both when and where the Vikings are doing well and when and where they're not doing so well) and B) he wants the same thing I want which is for the Vikings to win a Superbowl.

In the end we're all fans of the Vikings and want the same thing, so if someone has a different opinion or view on something, I want to hear that even if I don't agree with or understand it. They might know something I don't.

That's why when things get negative and personal, it becomes a real danger to open, honest discussion and people being willing to share viewpoints that make a place like this fun and interesting. I guess I was just trying to call attention to that.
I’m no longer dedicating my time to this board. I now lurk on occasion and stay close with members through PM. But honestly, I had no choice but to respond to this as a long time member of this board.

His condescending and insulting behavior constantly toes the line of being banned. THATS what turns people off wanting to contribute on here. This is exactly why I pulled out and it’s exactly why MULTIPLE people on here are frustrated with him and ready to do the same. It’s exactly why many members in this thread along with myself have zero sympathy. Not trying to toot my own horn but I’ve been on here for 10 years now. I’ve had the most posts of any non-mod board member on here in that time span. I’ve put up with crap on here over the years but nothing to this extent. He’s made the board unenjoyable since he’s been on here. Many can attest to that trust me.

Whether he tries to back up his posts with “facts” or not, he does it in an extremely manipulative, condescending way and is insulting while he does it. He hasn’t changed and I’m guessing he’s been warned multiple times. I HIGHLY doubt anyone is turned off by what Kapp says, VV says, Rhodes Closed says, etc. These are the guys that make this board enjoyable. I’ve disagreed with those guys before, we agree to disagree and move on. We don’t push buttons, we don’t poke the bear, and we certainly don’t insult eachother. There’s a way to go about disagreeing with people. I for one, am not claiming to be any sort of expert in that regard, I’ve made my mistakes and have publicly apologized for them but I also know that I’ve had plenty of members reach out to me since I said I was done on here and say they really hope I stick around. That’s why I continue to lurk and message members via PM.

I was born and raised in NY. I don’t have many friends to discuss the vikings with where I live. That’s why I’ve been on here for 10 years. I consider many of these guys friends, they listen to my venting, they support my koolaid drinking, and I know that I could always come here to talk vikes. That’s why I joined this board and that’s why it pains me to bow out. I live a very busy life, have a wife and two boys, own a business and I’m a special education teacher. But I finally decided that I’m not wasting my time on here anymore watching him insult me, other members I am close with and listen to his crap. I have much more important things to do in life. I’ll talk Vikings all day when I have the time but I’m not watching this anymore.

I have nothing else to say on here until this board starts heading towards what it use to be. And this is nothing on the mods at all as they’ve done an excellent job on here given it’s not their full time job. But PLEASE don’t sit there and say that anyone else other than Stump has turned people off from contributing on this board. If anyone, I’ll take that blame for the rest of the guys on here for actually going back and forth with this child. Again I’ve been on here for 10 years and have seen it all. It’s clear as day what the problem is. But when you toe the line of being banned, you continue to linger. That’s nothing to do with the mods, it’s just that’s what you do when you’re a master manipulator.

No harm no foul here VL, I respect you as a member, but really needed to address this as a long time member of this board. If there’s anything you want to discuss further please PM me. Thanks
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Be my guest.

This thread had become in large part the sort of tit-for-tat, highly personal and negative talk that destroyed the old UseNet board and I think turns a lot of people off from wanting to come here and certainly contribute here.

For the record, if people were piling on you, or Victorious, or Pondering, or Texas Vike, or anyone else, for that matter, I'd speak up just the same.

I'm not going to defend anyone who insults others, but from what I've seen Stumphunter usually tries to back up what he's saying with data. I actually enjoy engaging with him because A) he usually has a contrarian viewpoint or at the very least, a more sober perspective that makes me take a step back (and that is both when and where the Vikings are doing well and when and where they're not doing so well) and B) he wants the same thing I want which is for the Vikings to win a Superbowl.

In the end we're all fans of the Vikings and want the same thing, so if someone has a different opinion or view on something, I want to hear that even if I don't agree with or understand it. They might know something I don't.

That's why when things get negative and personal, it becomes a real danger to open, honest discussion and people being willing to share viewpoints that make a place like this fun and interesting. I guess I was just trying to call attention to that.
I’m no longer dedicating my time to this board. I now lurk on occasion and stay close with members through PM. But honestly, I had no choice but to respond to this as a long time member of this board.

His condescending and insulting behavior constantly toes the line of being banned. THATS what turns people off wanting to contribute on here. This is exactly why I pulled out and it’s exactly why MULTIPLE people on here are frustrated with him and ready to do the same. It’s exactly why many members in this thread along with myself have zero sympathy. Not trying to toot my own horn but I’ve been on here for 10 years now. I’ve had the most posts of any non-mod board member on here in that time span. I’ve put up with crap on here over the years but nothing to this extent. He’s made the board unenjoyable since he’s been on here. Many can attest to that trust me.

Whether he tries to back up his posts with “facts” or not, he does it in an extremely manipulative, condescending way and is insulting while he does it. He hasn’t changed and I’m guessing he’s been warned multiple times. I HIGHLY doubt anyone is turned off by what Kapp says, VV says, Rhodes Closed says, etc. These are the guys that make this board enjoyable. I’ve disagreed with those guys before, we agree to disagree and move on. We don’t push buttons, we don’t poke the bear, and we certainly don’t insult eachother. There’s a way to go about disagreeing with people. I for one, am not claiming to be any sort of expert in that regard, I’ve made my mistakes and have publicly apologized for them but I also know that I’ve had plenty of members reach out to me since I said I was done on here and say they really hope I stick around. That’s why I continue to lurk and message members via PM.

I was born and raised in NY. I don’t have many friends to discuss the vikings with where I live. That’s why I’ve been on here for 10 years. I consider many of these guys friends, they listen to my venting, they support my koolaid drinking, and I know that I could always come here to talk vikes. That’s why I joined this board and that’s why it pains me to bow out. I live a very busy life, have a wife and two boys, own a business and I’m a special education teacher. But I finally decided that I’m not wasting my time on here anymore watching him insult me, other members I am close with and listen to his crap. I have much more important things to do in life. I’ll talk Vikings all day when I have the time but I’m not watching this anymore.

I have nothing else to say on here until this board starts heading towards what it use to be. And this is nothing on the mods at all as they’ve done an excellent job on here given it’s not their full time job. But PLEASE don’t sit there and say that anyone else other than Stump has turned people off from contributing on this board. If anyone, I’ll take that blame for the rest of the guys on here for actually going back and forth with this child. Again I’ve been on here for 10 years and have seen it all. It’s clear as day what the problem is. But when you toe the line of being banned, you continue to linger. That’s nothing to do with the mods, it’s just that’s what you do when you’re a master manipulator.

No harm no foul here VL, I respect you as a member, but really needed to address this as a long time member of this board. If there’s anything you want to discuss further please PM me. Thanks
I'm just happy to be included.

Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Be my guest.

PHP, you summed it up perfectly. It’s how many of us feel.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:23 pm Here’s the deal. I’ll talk about Kirk Cousins if I darn well please. I don’t care what you, StumpHunter, or anybody else says or thinks. If you’re tired of talking about Kirk Cousins, then maybe don’t chime in on a thread ABOUT Kirk Cousins.
Be my guest.

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:23 pm As for StumpHunter, cry me a river. Go to any thread where Kirk Cousins is mentioned and see what his comments are. I’ve had the guy insult me when I’ve agreed with him, and on multiple occasions, so I’d say he brings a lot of this sh!t onto himself. Not only that, Stump’s a big boy. I’m guessing he can take care of himself.

If you are the defender against personal attacks, then where were you when a certain poster who shall remain nameless said he was now “in my head”? It doesn’t get any more personal than that. It’s an obvious admission to what has become obvious to me … he’s not disagreeing, he’s trolling. That’s why I’ve chosen to put this poster on personal ignore.

Also, you complained about every thread turning into an argument about Cousins. That may be true, but this entire thread is ABOUT Cousins. Some of us want to talk about his play. So when rip us for talking about Cousins in a Cousins thread, you turn the board into exactly what you’re railing against! If you don’t like the conversation, then don’t participate.

I respect your posts, and I’ve always enjoyed the back and forth with you. But I completely disagree with you on this. It’s a Cousins thread. Let us talk about Cousins without defending the fact that we’re talking about Cousins.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I think we all know how important the LOS is because everything starts there. I'm in full support of Cousins even though I wanted us to pick Jones. He has done well with a garbage OL. That's hard to do. Matter of fact I have always stated every QB that I have seen play struggles when the pressure comes. Today the Chiefs OL went in the tank and Mahomes like other QBs didn't light the world on fire. Sacked 4 times and under heat. Threw an int and then fumbles when running from the pressure. Of course no TDs. Even the best young QB in the game couldn't handle the pressure again. If the Chiefs aren't careful and allow this to continue it's just a matter of time before he gets another concussion. Career will be over at a young age. The NFL won't allow guys to keep getting concussions and playing. It's not worth it. Many others can play QB that are sitting and waiting. They don't need bad publicity or lawsuits. That's another thing I admire about Cousins. He plays week in and week out with a garbage OL. Be nice to have a young backup like Jones.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:20 pm I have nothing else to say on here until this board starts heading towards what it use to be.
The board can't be what it used to be if debates evolve into personal attacks.

And I think if everyone is being honest, it takes two to tango on that front. If you don't like the way a discussion is going you have the choice to continue. If you don't like the way a particular person behaves you can always foe them and at least see fewer of their posts.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:20 pm He hasn’t changed and I’m guessing he’s been warned multiple times.
Nope. I am able to have discussions with people and don't get upset when people disagree with me. I welcome it.

That helps me avoid getting as angry as some on here appear to get, and thus I avoid posts that might get me a warning for breaking board rules.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingLord wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:01 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:20 pm I have nothing else to say on here until this board starts heading towards what it use to be.

And I think if everyone is being honest, it takes two to tango on that front. If you don't like the way a discussion is going you have the choice to continue. If you don't like the way a particular person behaves you can always foe them and at least see fewer of their posts.
There's an obvious common denominator here. Please show me personal attacks on this board that take place that don't involve Stump in one way or another 99% of the time?..... I will rest my case there.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:53 pm

There's an obvious common denominator here. Please show me personal attacks on this board that take place that don't involve Stump in one way or another 99% of the time?..... I will rest my case there.
You're absolutely correct. There have been a LOT of personal attacks, that involve Stump. From what I've seen you're mistaken if you think that Stump is the one doing the attacking though...
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Thaumaturgist wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:34 pm

You're absolutely correct. There have been a LOT of personal attacks, that involve Stump. From what I've seen you're mistaken if you think that Stump is the one doing the attacking though...
If members didn’t believe that, they wouldn’t be liking my original post. If members didn’t believe that my PM inbox wouldn’t be flooded with messages. As I said in my original post, by no means am I innocent and even said I would take the blame for the rest of the guys on here because I actually sat there and went back and forth with him because I get sick of listening to his crap for the last how many years now. But the fact that I even bowed out of this board 1-2 weeks ago and a cousins thread starts and he’s sitting here battling and trolling with multiple other members once again proves my point that there’s a common denominator here. And it’s obvious who it is.
-Chazz Palminteri
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:22 pm If members didn’t believe that, they wouldn’t be liking my original post. If members didn’t believe that my PM inbox wouldn’t be flooded with messages. As I said in my original post, by no means am I innocent and even said I would take the blame for the rest of the guys on here because I actually sat there and went back and forth with him because I get sick of listening to his crap for the last how many years now. But the fact that I even bowed out of this board 1-2 weeks ago and a cousins thread starts and he’s sitting here battling and trolling with multiple other members once again proves my point that there’s a common denominator here. And it’s obvious who it is.
Disagreeing with others opinions is fine, good, and probably even healthy, that doesn't mean it's baiting and trolling. Personally I think this message board would be quite boring if there were no differing opinions. I'm sorry I don't post much, but I've been here a LONG time, and on usenet before that... I've seen good posters come/go. I really miss some of those folks, and you'd be missed if you were to leave too.

It honestly seems like it's gotten to the point that people will disagree with Stump because it's Stump that's posting it, not necessarily because they have any real issue with what he's posting. I mean he's had posts... And I'm paraphrasing... that say Zimmer is a problem, but he feels that there are bigger problems at the top, and that accountability starts at the top... Meaning the Wilfs. Since we can't change the ownership, we need to get rid of Spielman, etc... People basically reacted to this as "I can't believe you're giving Zimmer a pass" and it evolved into "Stump loves Zimmer, he uses any excuse to blame Kirk"

Sorry if I misrepresented what anyone has said.

Like I've told my kids. The only one you can control is yourself, you can't control what other people do, or how they react. So do the right thing even if they don't.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Thaumaturgist wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:22 pm If members didn’t believe that, they wouldn’t be liking my original post. If members didn’t believe that my PM inbox wouldn’t be flooded with messages. As I said in my original post, by no means am I innocent and even said I would take the blame for the rest of the guys on here because I actually sat there and went back and forth with him because I get sick of listening to his crap for the last how many years now. But the fact that I even bowed out of this board 1-2 weeks ago and a cousins thread starts and he’s sitting here battling and trolling with multiple other members once again proves my point that there’s a common denominator here. And it’s obvious who it is.
Disagreeing with others opinions is fine, good, and probably even healthy, that doesn't mean it's baiting and trolling. Personally I think this message board would be quite boring if there were no differing opinions. I'm sorry I don't post much, but I've been here a LONG time, and on usenet before that... I've seen good posters come/go. I really miss some of those folks, and you'd be missed if you were to leave too.

It honestly seems like it's gotten to the point that people will disagree with Stump because it's Stump that's posting it, not necessarily because they have any real issue with what he's posting. I mean he's had posts... And I'm paraphrasing... that say Zimmer is a problem, but he feels that there are bigger problems at the top, and that accountability starts at the top... Meaning the Wilfs. Since we can't change the ownership, we need to get rid of Spielman, etc... People basically reacted to this as "I can't believe you're giving Zimmer a pass" and it evolved into "Stump loves Zimmer, he uses any excuse to blame Kirk"

Sorry if I misrepresented what anyone has said.

Like I've told my kids. The only one you can control is yourself, you can't control what other people do, or how they react. So do the right thing even if they don't.
I have an issue with the majority of what he posts because I honestly think his takes are often built off hate for our QB, and they are manipulative and nitpicky (so be it, it's a message board). But the main thing is he comes across extremely arrogant, sarcastic, often trolls and is indeed insulting at times. If you dont see that then I dont know what to tell you. It's literally clear as day. I dont just debate with someone because I dislike them. I'll debate if I think they are wrong or call them out if they are being a manipulative troll.

I no longer have the time, patience or care to debate with a childish troll that thinks his shi# doesnt stink. I'm sick of watching it. Many members are sick of watching it. And the worst part about it, is I can just about guarantee that he's sitting with his feet up grinning from ear to ear thinking he's done nothing wrong. Knowing he constantly toes the line and manipulates his way through the rules. He's not going to change, he's not going to stop the trolling, he's not going to stop the arrogance, he's not going to stop the sneaky insults, he's not going to stop the constant manipulating, and so on. He hasnt since the day he joined. That to me, is not enjoyable to watch, witness, etc. when you're simply on here to discuss the Vikings with fellow members. Foe or not, you still see it. I no longer have any care to participate on here until that crap stops. Plain and simple. Again, if you have anything else to discuss feel free to PM me. I'm done replying on here.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

If there is a poster you think is an issue, be that for you or others, just foe him and/or report him to the mods if you can show how his posts are breaking board rules.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:49 am If you are the defender against personal attacks, then where were you when a certain poster who shall remain nameless said he was now “in my head”? It doesn’t get any more personal than that. It’s an obvious admission to what has become obvious to me … he’s not disagreeing, he’s trolling. That’s why I’ve chosen to put this poster on personal ignore.
That's what I would do if I thought someone was trying to provoke me.

I also said I don't support anyone insulting or trolling anyone else, including the instance to which you referred.
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:49 am Also, you complained about every thread turning into an argument about Cousins. That may be true, but this entire thread is ABOUT Cousins. Some of us want to talk about his play. So when rip us for talking about Cousins in a Cousins thread, you turn the board into exactly what you’re railing against! If you don’t like the conversation, then don’t participate.
It wasn't about Cousins per se - it was more about everyone piling on one person who has been critical of Cousins because Cousins has been playing well.