DT Jaylen Twyman Shot Four Times in Washington D.C.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingTom
Starter

Re: DT Jaylen Twyman Shot Four Times in Washington D.C.

Post by VikingTom »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:04 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:41 am I just read on PFT that he has been waived with a non football injury designation, to provide a roster space for Westbrook.
If not claimed we will retains his rights for next season as he will be on our non football injury list , and will not be able to play this season.
So much for ready to play in training camp. It's disappointing. I wish we could have dropped somebody else to make room for Westbrook.
The somewhat optimistic report I initially saw with a comment from his agent must not have been terribly accurate. There are plenty of guys who could've been waive. This to me indicates Twyman was considerably further from football activities than anyone thought. Which means it is likely safe to waive him. Hope he has a full recovery.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingTom wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:51 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:04 pm
So much for ready to play in training camp. It's disappointing. I wish we could have dropped somebody else to make room for Westbrook.
The somewhat optimistic report I initially saw with a comment from his agent must not have been terribly accurate. There are plenty of guys who could've been waive. This to me indicates Twyman was considerably further from football activities than anyone thought. Which means it is likely safe to waive him. Hope he has a full recovery.
Yep. Considering his story if and when he makes the comeback and beats the odds to play meaningful snaps in the NFL I sure hope it is with our Minnesota Vikings.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Twyman cleared waivers and is now on the Vikings Non Football Injury list. He's still a Viking and his NFL story will continue with us.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:41 am I just read on PFT that he has been waived with a non football injury designation, to provide a roster space for Westbrook.
If not claimed we will retains his rights for next season as he will be on our non football injury list , and will not be able to play this season.
Technically he doesn't need to sit out the entire season. I think he can come back around week 9 although I'd imagine they'll stash him for the whole year.