J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

Post by IIsweet »

How about a plan and a vision for the future. If there is not a QB that you want for the next decade, then pass on it and build around that position, as many NFL Super Bowl teams have done. Build a formidable roster and spend elsewhere and plug in a Brad Johnson, Case Keenum, Jeff George, etc. When that big time QB is available, get him !!!!
NO ONE EVER felt that Kirk Cousins would be a perennial Super Bowl winning QB !!! NO ONE !!!!
Spielman panicked ! Paid a fortune for an average QB, and here we are !!!!
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:10 pm
VikingLord wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:41 pm

But the point is, based on what was known at the time was the move to get Cousins objectively poor?
Absolutely. Overpaying for a QB who had a significant history of not being good enough was never going to work. Overpaying for a HOFer like Brett Favre or Peyton Manning sure, that makes sense if you have the team to compete right now. But breaking the bank to sign Kirk Cousins?
So you would have drafted Jackson?

I realize it is tempting to answer yes to that given hindsight, but if possible focus on what happened and who was available at that point in the draft. Also, I think the Vikings had to move on Cousins before the draft, so if you say you would have taken Jackson there even with Cousins on the team with that overpriced contract, realize you would have probably been out of job as GM, at least with the Vikings.

Also, had the Vikings NOT signed Cousins prior to that draft, they would have gone into it needing a QB and not being in a great spot to get one of the top QBs. Now time has shown most of those top QBs to not have done well, but at the time and given what was known you would have put yourself under intense pressure to move up to grab one of those QBs who didn't turn out so well. Can you imagine the criticism had you traded up for Sam Darnold instead of holding pat and drafting Lamar Jackson? But that would have been far more likely to happen than holding pat and drafting Jackson.

My point in all this is, an honest assessment of the situation using what was known at the time does not make Spielman's decision objectively poor compared to the alternatives. It might have been the least poor option of a bucket of poor options, but I can't be certain it was objectively poor and I don't think you can either despite your certainty.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

IIsweet wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:59 pm How about a plan and a vision for the future. If there is not a QB that you want for the next decade, then pass on it and build around that position, as many NFL Super Bowl teams have done. Build a formidable roster and spend elsewhere and plug in a Brad Johnson, Case Keenum, Jeff George, etc. When that big time QB is available, get him !!!!
NO ONE EVER felt that Kirk Cousins would be a perennial Super Bowl winning QB !!! NO ONE !!!!
Spielman panicked ! Paid a fortune for an average QB, and here we are !!!!
Who is the last big time QB who came out who was available that the Vikings passed on in the draft? Or that anyone passed on in the draft, for that matter? I'm not saying in hindsight - I'm saying day of that particular draft?

It's rarely obvious when a big time QB prospect comes out in my experience. How many #1 draft picks that were QBs went on to become perennial Super Bowl winners?

Who felt that Tom Brady would become a perennial Super Bowl winner?

It's not easy to find franchise QBs in the draft. Most QBs who are drafted #1 or even 1st rounders wash out. For every Mahomes there are 5 Darnolds.

And I honestly don't care if Cousins becomes a perennial Super Bowl winner. I'll take one Super Bowl winner. Cousins is at least as good as Brad Johnson ever was and he won a Superbowl. I think Cousins can win one too if the Vikings put a good enough team around him, they get some good luck with injuries, and they get hot and gel as a team when the playoffs arrive.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingLord wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:27 pm
My point in all this is, an honest assessment of the situation using what was known at the time does not make Spielman's decision objectively poor compared to the alternatives. It might have been the least poor option of a bucket of poor options, but I can't be certain it was objectively poor and I don't think you can either despite your certainty.
Since I was certain it was a poor move before Cousins ever signed, it is really hard for me to agree with your assessment.

Resigning Case or Teddy and drafting the best QB available was the right move from the start. Paying a QB a fully guaranteed contract that made him the highest paid player in the NFL who had never won more than 9 games in a season was not. That was obvious then, it is obvious now.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:10 pm
Absolutely. Overpaying for a QB who had a significant history of not being good enough was never going to work. Overpaying for a HOFer like Brett Favre or Peyton Manning sure, that makes sense if you have the team to compete right now. But breaking the bank to sign Kirk Cousins?

I realize it is tempting to answer yes to that given hindsight, but if possible focus on what happened and who was available at that point in the draft. Also, I think the Vikings had to move on Cousins before the draft, so if you say you would have taken Jackson there even with Cousins on the team with that overpriced contract, realize you would have probably been out of job as GM, at least with the Vikings.

Also, had the Vikings NOT signed Cousins prior to that draft, they would have gone into it needing a QB and not being in a great spot to get one of the top QBs. Now time has shown most of those top QBs to not have done well, but at the time and given what was known you would have put yourself under intense pressure to move up to grab one of those QBs who didn't turn out so well. Can you imagine the criticism had you traded up for Sam Darnold instead of holding pat and drafting Lamar Jackson? But that would have been far more likely to happen than holding pat and drafting Jackson.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Lamar Jackson will never touch a SB. Not only will he not win one, but he'll never get to one. Teams started to figure Jackson out last year following his MVP season and it showed.

And guys complain about how Cousins needs "all these things to happen to ever have a chance". Look at Lamar Jackson. This league is turning into a pass happy league and the Ravens threw the least amount of times (406) of any team in the NFL last year....by a large margin. The only way Jackson can succeed is in the current run heavy scheme he is currently in. Lamar Jackson is no different than Cousins when it comes to pulling off comeback wins. I could only find the stat up to 2020 but Jackson was 0-5 when trailing by 14 points or more at any point in a game. He's not going to throw you back into the game.....because he simply cant.

The Ravens are very similar to the Vikings in the sense that they've had some talented rosters. And where has Jackson gotten them? One and done in the playoffs 2 years ago and then get embarrassed (offensively) by Buffalo last year. I still dont get why people drool over Jackson. Hindsight or not, I still wouldnt touch Jackson. I said it back when he was drafted and will say it again. I remember Stump tried to call me out for not liking Jackson last year when he had an MVP season.....just for the Ravens to go 1 and done in the playoffs and Jackson going backwards since.

Everyone thinks Lamar Jackson is some great QB because he is mobile and can run. Theres a difference there though. Lamar Jackson can scramble around all he wants but he still needs to be able to sling it when asked. Kyler Murray is in the same ballpark as Jackson. I dont think either QB is much of a passer. So yeah, scrambling is good and all but you have to get it done through the air too and they cant. Compare them to guys like Wilson, Rodgers and Mahomes. They cant touch them. Those guys can also scramble but they can also sling it when asked.

The only thing saving Lamar Jacksons career right now is the team around him and the coach. If he was on a team like the Jets, he'd be cooked at this point and there would be a media circus surrounding the team wondering if he will keep a starting job. Same goes for Cousins. If he went to the Jets instead of the Vikings there would be a lot in question about him right now as well. The difference there is we all know Cousins can still get it done through the air. He would just have a pis# poor team around him. Similar to him in Washington. Jackson is just as one dimensional as Cousins is, just on the opposite side of the spectrum. But I'd take a QB (not just Cousins but any QB) that can get it done through the air over a QB that is just a good athlete that can carry the ball. It never ends well for QBs like that (Newton, Kaepernick, soon to be Murray and Jackson, etc.). Cam Newton was also an MVP at one time but still has 0 Super Bowls, was quickly figured out by opposing teams and is now fighting for air to keep his job.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingLord wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:34 pm And I honestly don't care if Cousins becomes a perennial Super Bowl winner. I'll take one Super Bowl winner.
This. A billion times, this.

One Super Bowl before I die. Just one. I don't care who the quarterback is.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:42 am

I've said it before and I will say it again, Lamar Jackson will never touch a SB. Not only will he not win one, but he'll never get to one. Teams started to figure Jackson out last year following his MVP season and it showed.

And guys complain about how Cousins needs "all these things to happen to ever have a chance". Look at Lamar Jackson. This league is turning into a pass happy league and the Ravens threw the least amount of times (406) of any team in the NFL last year....by a large margin. The only way Jackson can succeed is in the current run heavy scheme he is currently in. Lamar Jackson is no different than Cousins when it comes to pulling off comeback wins. I could only find the stat up to 2020 but Jackson was 0-5 when trailing by 14 points or more at any point in a game. He's not going to throw you back into the game.....because he simply cant.

Jackson does not need a strong run game to support his passing, he IS the strong run game that supports his passing. There is no doubt in my mind that with him at QB the past 3 seasons we are in the playoffs all three years and the offense is better all three years.

Whether that leads to a SB I have no idea, but he is a QB going into his 4th season with a ton of potential still, something I told you after his rookie year when you claimed he was a bad passer right before he went on to win league MVP. I think everyone outside of MN, and most in MN would agree that his chances are better than Cousins though.
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:42 am Everyone thinks Lamar Jackson is some great QB because he is mobile and can run. Theres a difference there though. Lamar Jackson can scramble around all he wants but he still needs to be able to sling it when asked. Kyler Murray is in the same ballpark as Jackson. I dont think either QB is much of a passer. So yeah, scrambling is good and all but you have to get it done through the air too and they cant. Compare them to guys like Wilson, Rodgers and Mahomes. They cant touch them. Those guys can also scramble but they can also sling it when asked.
Everyone thinks Jackson is a great QB because he has gotten his team to the playoffs his first 3 seasons in the NFL, gone 30-7 as a starter, won an MVP on his arm and his legs, and lead the best scoring offense in the NFL in 2019.

Murray is a more accurate passer than Jackson, and relies on the run when the pass isn't there, while Jackson is a run first QB. He can sling it and was a more accurate passer downfield than our QB last year. He threw for nearly 4K yards last season and he can't "sling it"? Terrible take.

But I'd take a QB (not just Cousins but any QB) that can get it done through the air over a QB that is just a good athlete that can carry the ball. It never ends well for QBs like that (Newton, Kaepernick, soon to be Murray and Jackson, etc.). Cam Newton was also an MVP at one time but still has 0 Super Bowls, was quickly figured out by opposing teams and is now fighting for air to keep his job.
Funny that you name 2 QBs that have been to the SB in your examples of QBs who weren't good enough because they couldn't sling it.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:37 am

Jackson does not need a strong run game to support his passing, he IS the strong run game that supports his passing. There is no doubt in my mind that with him at QB the past 3 seasons we are in the playoffs all three years and the offense is better all three years.

Whether that leads to a SB I have no idea, but he is a QB going into his 4th season with a ton of potential still, something I told you after his rookie year when you claimed he was a bad passer right before he went on to win league MVP. I think everyone outside of MN, and most in MN would agree that his chances are better than Cousins though.

Everyone thinks Jackson is a great QB because he has gotten his team to the playoffs his first 3 seasons in the NFL, gone 30-7 as a starter, won an MVP on his arm and his legs, and lead the best scoring offense in the NFL in 2019.

Murray is a more accurate passer than Jackson, and relies on the run when the pass isn't there, while Jackson is a run first QB. He can sling it and was a more accurate passer downfield than our QB last year. He threw for nearly 4K yards last season and he can't "sling it"? Terrible take.
But that's the part you're missing. Jackson's pass game....is not good. Especially when trailing and in crunch time. You can toot his horn and his record all you want, he's 1-3 in 3 seasons in the playoffs. And those 3 losses were flat out embarrassing. Kirk Cousins also has 1 playoff win since 2018 but in your eyes Kirk is garbage and Jackson is the man. Makes sense. Regardless, Jackson was trailing in all 3 of those losses and was not able to get them back in it with his arm. He's just simply not capable.

I mean if these playoff passing numbers arent pathetic in those losses, I dont know what is.....

Comp % avg.- 53.1 (awful)
Pass Yards avg.- 178.3 (This is a stat that could've even been inflated given he was trailing and it's still awful)
TD:INT ratio- 3 TD: 5 INT and one pick 6 (awful)
Pass rating avg- 67.8 (awful)
YPA average- 6.5 (awful)
Sacks taken- 14 (awful)
Fumbles- 5 (awful)

And to top it all off, his three lone touchdowns in those 3 losses ALL came in the 4th quarter when the game was well out of hand. Something I know you like to call...."garbage time". So analyze that stat for me. If defenses werent playing prevent and basically handing him the endzone, there can be an argument made that he would throw 0 touchdown passes in 3 playoff games. ZERO! He was straight up shut out in 9 quarters of play.

And even better, his defense didnt even play all that bad. They allowed 28, 23 and 10 points in those games. Your defense literally allowed 10 points to Josh Allen and the Bills and you couldnt figure out how to at worst match that?

So in the end, what does that 30-7 record mean? Jack shi# when he's that pathetic in the playoffs

Funny that you name 2 QBs that have been to the SB in your examples of QBs who weren't good enough because they couldn't sling it.
:lol: I knew you were going to come back with this. Yes I did name two players that "made it" to a SB once. How did their careers go after that? Just curious. Oh, well one is out of the league for no outside reason other than he's simply not good. And the other is barely floating and will probably be out of a job this year. Do you know how many QBs I can name that werent good QBs but played in a SB? Plenty. But when it all boils down it comes down to one thing, were they a flash in the pan or were they good/great enough to keep that consistency going. I'll answer that for you....they were both a flash in the pan and were quickly figured out by opposing teams. Which is the exact path Jackson is heading down.

Oh and no the Vikings wouldnt have been in the playoffs this past season with Jackson at the helm. They would've been lucky to win 7 games like they did to be honest. Think about it, our defense was absolute swiss cheese and we were crushed by injuries on that side of the ball. Jackson would constantly have to come from behind and win games with his arm. And that's a big LOL if you think he'd pull that off. Either way, it's not like Jackson has been effective whatsoever in the playoffs. Just look at the numbers above.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:22 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:37 am

But that's the part you're missing. Jackson's pass game....is not good. Especially when trailing and in crunch time. You can toot his horn and his record all you want, he's 1-3 in 3 seasons in the playoffs. And those 3 losses were flat out embarrassing. Kirk Cousins also has 1 playoff win since 2018 but in your eyes Kirk is garbage and Jackson is the man. Makes sense. Regardless, Jackson was trailing in all 3 of those losses and was not able to get them back in it with his arm. He's just simply not capable.

I mean if these playoff passing numbers arent pathetic in those losses, I dont know what is.....

Pass Yards avg.- 178.3 (This is a stat that could've even been inflated given he was trailing and it's still awful)
YPA average- 6.5 (awful)
Sacks taken- 14 (awful)
Fumbles- 5 (awful)

And to top it all off, his three lone touchdowns in those 3 losses ALL came in the 4th quarter when the game was well out of hand. Something I know you like to call...."garbage time". So analyze that stat for me. If defenses werent playing prevent and basically handing him the endzone, there can be an argument made that he would throw 0 touchdown passes in 3 playoff games. ZERO! He was straight up shut out in 9 quarters of play.

And even better, his defense didnt even play all that bad. They allowed 28, 23 and 10 points in those games. Your defense literally allowed 10 points to Josh Allen and the Bills and you couldnt figure out how to at worst match that?

So in the end, what does that 30-7 record mean? Jack shi# when he's that pathetic in the playoffs

:lol: I knew you were going to come back with this. Yes I did name two players that "made it" to a SB once. How did their careers go after that? Just curious. Oh, well one is out of the league for no outside reason other than he's simply not good. And the other is barely floating and will probably be out of a job this year. Do you know how many QBs I can name that werent good QBs but played in a SB? Plenty. But when it all boils down it comes down to one thing, were they a flash in the pan or were they good/great enough to keep that consistency going. I'll answer that for you....they were both a flash in the pan and were quickly figured out by opposing teams. Which is the exact path Jackson is heading down.

Oh and no the Vikings wouldnt have been in the playoffs this past season with Jackson at the helm. They would've been lucky to win 7 games like they did to be honest. Think about it, our defense was absolute swiss cheese and we were crushed by injuries on that side of the ball. Jackson would constantly have to come from behind and win games with his arm. And that's a big LOL if you think he'd pull that off. Either way, it's not like Jackson has been effective whatsoever in the playoffs. Just look at the numbers above.
Tough to say a QB sucks in crunch time when they have a 76% win percentage and have only lost 9 game in 3 seasons, but let's look at these terrible passing numbers when down in the 4th, excluding garbage time:

35-56, 410 yards, 3 TDs, 0 ints and a 103 passer rating (good for 7th of 37 qualifying QBs)

Clearly he sucks at passing in crunch time.

Jackson is 0-9 when down two TDS or more compared to Cousins who is 1-15. Wow, what a difference a pocket passer makes. Nearly twice as many games where the QB contributed to being down that big, but that 1 extra win sure makes a difference compared to those 6 extra losses. Heck Mahomes only has 1 win in that spot. Rodgers had 3 and Brady had 2 over that time, 0 in NE when he wasn't learning an incredibly complex offense that caused him to put his team in more bad spots than usual. What a silly stat you have found.

With Jackson at the helm this team is so much better and it really isn't even close. Playoffs all 3 years and maybe a fighting chance against SF in 2019.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:56 pm Resigning Case or Teddy and drafting the best QB available was the right move from the start. Paying a QB a fully guaranteed contract that made him the highest paid player in the NFL who had never won more than 9 games in a season was not. That was obvious then, it is obvious now.
That is your issue with the Cousins signing. Not that Cousins was the worst move as a player, but that the money they used to sign him made it the worst move.

Personally, I wish they stuck with Teddy. He was the most economical option, would have given them reasonable production at the position while they evaluated other options.

But I don't think the Vikings would have drafted a QB in the 1st round in 2018 regardless. If they kept Teddy or Keenum they still make the Hughes pick. QB would not have been perceived as a priority and Jackson was not a clear winning prospect at that point. The signing of Cousins, didn't materially change their draft approach.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

S197 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:17 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:45 pm

People that reacted to that quote have never played football in their lives. Its not being a diva, its not being cancer. No one is beyond reproach and that reproach in the middle of a game isn't always filled with Please and thank yous. The sideline incident with AT and KC was about how he wanted the route run. Kirk was looking for a quick corner route but had to hold the ball when AT ran a double move. AT ran an inside move back to the corner (not quite a post corner), and kirk told him that I don't have time to hold the ball. Again, not a big deal but people blew it up.
What I'm saying is if you look at everything in a vacuum then it's all nothing. But as more incidents come out, it gives it a little more validity. I don't recall any other rookie receivers cussing out their QB's. There are mics all over these games, if it was a common occurrence then it wouldn't have been a story because it would be heard all the time. Pat McAfee tells a story about Peyton Manning and how he basically benched Austin Collie mid-game in his rookie year for not trying to catch a football with two hands. He basically told Collie, "if you ever do that again, you're never #### playing on my team again." Do you think Austin Collie would ever have the audacity to tell Peyton to throw the #### ball?
I don't think he yelled at Kirk. He said come on Kirk throw the damn ball (route). In football, guys react and say things out loud all the time (Not necessarily loud enough for the other to hear) We don't know who has said what out loud. It was picked up because it was a COVID year and there were no fans and a hot mic was accidentally left on.
Spot & Stalk Vike
Backup

Post by Spot & Stalk Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Spot & Stalk Vike wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Pfffft...Brady has swagger, Rogers has swagger, Hebert and Allen have swagger, Farve had swagger.

Johnny football was a pure idiot thru and thru.

I think you're confusing arrogance for swagger.
I've never noticed swagger with Brady. Rodgers and Favre yes. I haven't seen enough of Herbert and Allen to know if they have swagger. I know Montana didn't. Bradshaw did. I do associate swagger with arrogance so I'm not confusing it. Quiet confidence is much preferred by me, but players can be great with swagger or without.
In my way of thinking swagger is an overall attitude of confidence in the huddle and even in the middle of a play. Some guys look more deer in the headlights than others when stressed and perform as such. In my mind guys who exude confidence are and look clutch when the chips are down.

In my mind Cousins has talent but very little swagger.....jmo. I don't think he is a guy that others look at in the huddle to show confidence in what he's doing and gain confidence from his demeanor. Which is basically what JJ stated.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Spot & Stalk Vike wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:05 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm
I've never noticed swagger with Brady. Rodgers and Favre yes. I haven't seen enough of Herbert and Allen to know if they have swagger. I know Montana didn't. Bradshaw did. I do associate swagger with arrogance so I'm not confusing it. Quiet confidence is much preferred by me, but players can be great with swagger or without.
In my way of thinking swagger is an overall attitude of confidence in the huddle and even in the middle of a play. Some guys look more deer in the headlights than others when stressed and perform as such. In my mind guys who exude confidence are and look clutch when the chips are down.

In my mind Cousins has talent but very little swagger.....jmo. I don't think he is a guy that others look at in the huddle to show confidence in what he's doing and gain confidence from his demeanor. Which is basically what JJ stated.
Swagger is like a little bounce in your step. A guy who's confidence is communicated whether he says a word or not. It can be sensed and the lack of it is palpable.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

YikesVikes wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:34 pm
S197 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:17 pm

What I'm saying is if you look at everything in a vacuum then it's all nothing. But as more incidents come out, it gives it a little more validity. I don't recall any other rookie receivers cussing out their QB's. There are mics all over these games, if it was a common occurrence then it wouldn't have been a story because it would be heard all the time. Pat McAfee tells a story about Peyton Manning and how he basically benched Austin Collie mid-game in his rookie year for not trying to catch a football with two hands. He basically told Collie, "if you ever do that again, you're never #### playing on my team again." Do you think Austin Collie would ever have the audacity to tell Peyton to throw the #### ball?
I don't think he yelled at Kirk. He said come on Kirk throw the damn ball (route). In football, guys react and say things out loud all the time (Not necessarily loud enough for the other to hear) We don't know who has said what out loud. It was picked up because it was a COVID year and there were no fans and a hot mic was accidentally left on.
No, that's not what he said. He said, "#### Kirk! C'mon, throw the flag!"

Everyone gets frustrated, I get it. But I'm simply not going to believe it's commonplace for a rookie WR to cuss out a veteran QB. And he definitely said it loud enough for everyone around him to hear. Maybe the mics don't pick it up with a full stadium but I guarantee you Cousins and the rest of the team would have heard it.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:15 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:22 am

YPA average- 6.5 (awful)
Sacks taken- 14 (awful)
Fumbles- 5 (awful)

Tough to say a QB sucks in crunch time when they have a 76% win percentage and have only lost 9 game in 3 seasons, but let's look at these terrible passing numbers when down in the 4th, excluding garbage time:

35-56, 410 yards, 3 TDs, 0 ints and a 103 passer rating (good for 7th of 37 qualifying QBs)

Clearly he sucks at passing in crunch time.

Jackson is 0-9 when down two TDS or more compared to Cousins who is 1-15. Wow, what a difference a pocket passer makes. Nearly twice as many games where the QB contributed to being down that big, but that 1 extra win sure makes a difference compared to those 6 extra losses. Heck Mahomes only has 1 win in that spot. Rodgers had 3 and Brady had 2 over that time, 0 in NE when he wasn't learning an incredibly complex offense that caused him to put his team in more bad spots than usual. What a silly stat you have found.

With Jackson at the helm this team is so much better and it really isn't even close. Playoffs all 3 years and maybe a fighting chance against SF in 2019.
LOL at you completely ignoring what I said regarding the playoffs. You keep hanging your hat on his regular season record. He’s been flat out pathetic in the playoffs, nothing silly there, that is indeed a fact.

Just curious, where do you think Diggs would be right now if Jackson was our QB? He probably would’ve wanted out after year 1 in a run heavy scheme like that. He wanted out because of Kirk right? But he would’ve been smiling ear to ear when Jackson would be constantly missing him and running the ball instead? Doubtful.

Our WRs would be an absolute waste with Jackson at QB. And to be honest, I don’t have a clue how you think we’d be in the playoffs this year when our defense couldn’t stop anyone from scoring. Imagine Jackson vs New Orleans this year trying to keep up with 56 points. It would’ve been even more embarrassing than it already was. He wouldn’t have touched the playoffs this year. As for 2019, the Vikings made the playoffs regardless. And in 2018 they literally needed one more win to get in so if that’s what you want to hang your hat on, go ahead.

Oh and I almost forgot, we hired flip leading up to the draft that year. Put Lamar Jackson in his scheme, and you’d have arguably the biggest disaster on planet earth. It would be downright laughable.

Look we all know you have a man crush on Jackson and you want to hold strong to what you said about him from day 1. But I can tell you right now you’ll quickly realize that Jackson won’t ever touch a SB. Hell at this rate given how pathetic he is in the playoffs, he’d be lucky to get to a conference championship. Again, the only thing saving him is the ravens front office consistently keeping talent on the field. If it wasn’t for that, he’d be a disaster because his defense would constantly be giving up points and he’d constantly have to try and throw his way to a win, which he can’t do, especially in the playoffs when they need him to
-Chazz Palminteri