Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by Crax »

soflavike wrote:This is the part in the movie when the coach gives the halftime speech about the kid with cancer, who is counting on the team to win today, and they come out of the locker room inspired, and pull off a huge comeback win.
The Vikings biggest comeback ever was 24 points against the 49ers in 1977. 27 would be a franchise record.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

SP1966 wrote: Joe Montana couldn't do squat behind this offensive line.
He would do way better than Statue of Liberty in quicksand. Montana was awesome at passing on the run.
Last edited by purplehaze on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

Crax wrote: The Vikings biggest comeback ever was 24 points against the 49ers in 1977. 27 would be a franchise record.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

TriceStyle wrote: Right b ecause the defense hasnt given up TWO 95 yard TD drives
What do you expect?

This defense has carried the team all year. Now the offense finally gets down in the red zone, and the first thing AP does is fumble. What a surprise. It sucks that the defense can't once again bail out the offense, but 12 plays, for crying out loud. The offense has run 12 plays.

I said it as the season ended last year, and I'll say it again. It's time to move on from Adrian Peterson. His contract is not guaranteed after this season. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by J. Kapp 11 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Crax wrote: The Vikings biggest comeback ever was 24 points against the 49ers in 1977. 27 would be a franchise record.
It's my damn movie, okay? It could happen. :lol:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
teddiem
Practice Squad

Post by teddiem »

purplehaze wrote: He would do way better than Statue of Liberty in quicksand. Montana was awesome at passing on the run.
So we re trading for a top 5 QB ? Can't wait.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

I hope I wasn't out of line saying I hope people walk out of the game. I'm just upset and it was tongue in cheek. Of course fans should be there for support. I hope I didn't upset anyone here.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

What's worse. A fumble or a defensive infraction call on third down?

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/e-gr ... ?year=2016
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

The-Purple-Reign wrote:I hope I wasn't out of line saying I hope people walk out of the game. I'm just upset and it was tongue in cheek. Of course fans should be there for support. I hope I didn't upset anyone here.
I wasn't really #### pissed, but fans should walk out if they want, stay if they choose, we owe sports teams nothing.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

soflavike wrote: It's my damn movie, okay? It could happen. :lol:
:lol: As long as it's happening might as well be a franchise record too. I hope this movie includes some fancy explosions.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

The-Purple-Reign wrote:I hope I wasn't out of line saying I hope people walk out of the game. I'm just upset and it was tongue in cheek. Of course fans should be there for support. I hope I didn't upset anyone here.
I understand the feeling, but if I paid the money for tickets and travel(I don't live in MN) to get there, I'd stay till the clock ran out even if it was 63-0.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

A 1st down!!!
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

SP1966 wrote: I wasn't really #### pissed, but fans should walk out if they want, stay if they choose, we owe sports teams nothing.
Right right. Thanks. man, this game... ughhhhhh
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I said it as the season ended last year, and I'll say it again. It's time to move on from Adrian Peterson. His contract is not guaranteed after this season. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how true this is, but I heard that if AP should get hurt again and is on IR to start next year then we would have to pay him for next year. So that would be a reason not to play him this year.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Crax wrote: I understand the feeling, but if I paid the money for tickets and travel(I don't live in MN) to get there, I'd stay till the clock ran out even if it was 63-0.

For sure! My buddy is there and I told him jokingly that I hope people walk about, but I'm going to kick his butt if he leaves. LOL I'd stay there for sure! Just like I won't shut off the TV. A different friend said, I bet you'll sill watch. I said, dude, I watch all the games, every minute.