Notable NFL News (cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Notable NFL News (cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Broncos K Matt Prater suspended 4 games for violating NFL's substance-abuse policy, sources tell ESPN
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Funkytown wrote:ESPN - Broncos K Matt Prater suspended 4 games for violating NFL's substance-abuse policy, sources tell ESPN

Hmmm... I don't recall seeing an NFL kicker get suspended before. Is this a first?
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Mothman wrote:
Hmmm... I don't recall seeing an NFL kicker get suspended before. Is this a first?
Sure seems like it. I might have to start an individual "suspension thread" pretty soon. These guys just don't get it.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Hall of Fame QB Dan Marino accepts role in Dolphins organization, according to multiple media reports
--
I like it! Good for him.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mothman wrote:
Garrett Hartley got suspended for adderall a year or two ago didn't he?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote: Garrett Hartley got suspended for adderall a year or two ago didn't he?
I thought Janikowski did too... I could be wrong.

Prater's suspension is for alcohol. Either way, I am not sure why these guys can't get a clue.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote: Garrett Hartley got suspended for adderall a year or two ago didn't he?
You're right. I forgot all about that!
PurpleMustReign wrote:I thought Janikowski did too... I could be wrong.
I may be wrong but i don't thin he's ever been suspended, although he's had his issues over the years.
Prater's suspension is for alcohol. Either way, I am not sure why these guys can't get a clue.
Sometimes, they may just start down a bad road and get in over their heads (ie: actually addicted to a harmful substance). On the other hand, I think some of them just don't fully grasp the consequences of their actions. They feel invincible until :hitfan:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Rams seriously concerned that QB Sam Bradford could have torn ACL, sources tell ESPN
--
...make up the minds, people. Man, I hope not.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Funkytown wrote:ESPN - Rams seriously concerned that QB Sam Bradford could have torn ACL, sources tell ESPN
--
...make up the minds, people. Man, I hope not.
ESPN - Rams QB Sam Bradford to miss 2014 season after MRI reveals torn ACL in left knee, sources tell ESPN

That sucks so bad... :(
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Jets CB Dimitri Patterson a no-show for Friday's game, still AWOL from team, according to GM John Idzik
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Funkytown wrote: ESPN - Rams QB Sam Bradford to miss 2014 season after MRI reveals torn ACL in left knee, sources tell ESPN

That sucks so bad... :(
That's terrible. Injuries in the preseason can deflate excitement for a trams upcoming season. I am glad the Vikings are relatively healthy.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Packers starting C J.C. Tretter to miss 'multiple weeks' with knee injury
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Andrew Krammer ‏@Andrew_Krammer 28m
Former #Vikings 2nd-round pick Tyrell Johnson among the #Falcons' cuts down to 75 today.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 1h
Bears are keeping QB Jimmy Clausen over Jordan Palmer, who is being released, per sources. For now, Clausen has won Bears' backup job.
oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: That's terrible. Injuries in the preseason can deflate excitement for a trams upcoming season. I am glad the Vikings are relatively healthy.
I hate to say it but I think Bradford's days in St. Louis are done and I really think that he should consider retiring instead of playing for another team and getting injured even worse. He is a really good QB and was definitely worthy of the #1 overall pick but he just cant stay healthy, from the shoulder injury in the opening game against BYU while at Oklahoma to the two ACL and other injuries while with St. Louis. I really enjoyed watching him play at Oklahoma but I think it is time for him to hang it up.