Matt Kalil

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Matt Kalil

Post by 720pete »

What is the consensus on how Kalil has played this season? I remember when we drafted him many of the pundits hailed the pick as the sensible choice at the time and said he had the potential to be a 10 year starter for the Vikings.

I haven't been impressed with the O line this year but it's hard for me to tell which players are to blame, or if it is an overall cohesion problem. Thoughts?
mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Matt Kalil

Post by mondry »

I believe he's been dealing with an injury, last year he was lights out and so I think overall he's not the problem. Loadholt and the guards on the other hand...
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

mondry wrote:I believe he's been dealing with an injury, last year he was lights out and so I think overall he's not the problem. Loadholt and the guards on the other hand...
Loadholt has been overall decent the past couple of weeks, and I'm willing to stick with him simply because he's an incredible run-blocker in a run-first offense. The guards have been rough so far...but even in the GB game, the OLine wasn't giving up any crazy amounts of pressure that an NFL-quality QB couldn't handle.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Yeah let's ditch Loadholt...like we don't have other players on this line who are even worse.

McKinnie in south beach with more rings than the franchise has in it's history. so let's make more holes! :wallbang:
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Demi wrote:Yeah let's ditch Loadholt...like we don't have other players on this line who are even worse.

McKinnie in south beach with more rings than the franchise has in it's history. so let's make more holes! :wallbang:
Lol we think we hate certain offensive linemen...you should hear the Ravens fans talk about McKinnie...
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Kalil started terrible and has worked his way back to average. I can't say he's been dominant. I'd say it's more likely a sophomore slump than it is cause for longer-term worry, though.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

thatguy wrote: Lol we think we hate certain offensive linemen...you should hear the Ravens fans talk about McKinnie...
Don't need too. I heard Vikings homers talk about him when we cut him to get under the salary cap and acted like it was because he weighed 500 pounds....shortly before he anchored the left end spot for a super bowl run and a ring. :lol:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Kalil has been dealing with some injury problems, but he's probably also caught up in the same thing that most of the players on this roster are dealing with - they're just not into it this year. For whatever reason, and whoever is to blame. It's impossible to deny that it's all looked pretty hopeless for this bunch since very early in the season and they still have a long way and a lot of humiliating losses to deal with before they're through.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Main reason Spielman should be canned. No compensation for McKinnie, every team in the league knows we are targeting a lt, making any trade downs impossible, and now we are stuck with a borderline bust for the two more years. While McKinnie has a ring.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

joe h wrote:Main reason Spielman should be canned. No compensation for McKinnie, every team in the league knows we are targeting a lt, making any trade downs impossible, and now we are stuck with a borderline bust for the two more years. While McKinnie has a ring.
Um...what? There's so much confusion in this one sentence I don't know where to begin.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: Um...what? There's so much confusion in this one sentence I don't know where to begin.
It's best left alone. ;)
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

dead_poet wrote: Um...what? There's so much confusion in this one sentence I don't know where to begin.
For the first time we had a top 5 pick and blew it, is what I was trying to write. We replaced a good lt with a mediocre lt, who was pretty much the only lt that years draft, and stole a pick from the browns.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

joe h wrote: For the first time we had a top 5 pick and blew it, is what I was trying to write. We replaced a good lt with a mediocre lt, who was pretty much the only lt that years draft, and stole a pick from the browns.
...weakening...must...resist...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:...weakening...must...resist...
:lol: Find your inner giraffe. Just look at your avatar, relax and... chew... chew... chew...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: :lol: Find your inner giraffe. Just look at your avatar, relax and... chew... chew... chew...
Lmao.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018