Vikings @ Packers Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 13

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings @ Packers Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 13

Post by soflavike »

And here comes #7, ready to do a #2 again.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
tmscr
Transition Player

Post by tmscr »

how much longer do we have to suffer with this QB? i could see if we were playing for pride, but we are/were still in the race.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

CalVike wrote:Game was winnable on the road. 50 yards passing and no change. Coaches are spineless. No QB should be babied this way. It is unacceptable on every level. Go Vikes!
babied is the word.

defense stinking it up too.

we're rebuilding....the mirage of the playoffs and the season AD is having can blind us to that fact.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

There you go Frazier! Bring him back in so the Vikes can go 3-and-out again or throw another pick.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Purplemania wrote:Peterson and Ponder talking? Peterson's like...dude you throw another pick and I will choke you with my pinky finger, got it?
I'm for it. :rofl:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

starting to miss Childress now. at least we were competetive then. now, this team is a joke from the coaches down except for 4-5 players
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: "kind of..." ? They do suck. Ponder sucks too. The Vikes need to spend the offseason completely retooling their passing game.
Agreed. Harvin, Rudolph and Wright are the only ones I'd prefer out there in '13 if it can be helped.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

soflavike wrote: His receivers didn't drop a single pass today. Ponder is horrible. The coaches are too afraid of putting Webb in and creating a QB controversy. They bet the farm on the noodle-arm and they are losing badly.
Even having the ability to drop a ball without defender interference is dictated by getting separation. That is why Harvin is so instrumental to this team. He has the ability to get separation from defenders.

On plays where Ponder scrambles its because everyone is covered.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

VikingLord wrote: But Jim, come on, the Viking offense has to convert a few themselves and stop handing the ball right back to the opposing offense. They've been on the field a LOT and this isn't the first game where this has happened.
No matter what you think of the WR or the defense, the two most critical plays in this game were solely on the QB. It was 100% his fault on both those turnovers.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

FailedtoOpen wrote: No, I'm looking at it without overreacting to every little play, or every little face that Ponder makes. Has he played well? No, are there also factors that can contribute to poor QB performance? Yes. He makes horrible decisions I don't deny that, but at the same time this receiving core kind of sucks.

He had at least 10 opportunities this game to make huge plays. Missed terribly on each one. 4 or 5 were in the red zone that a competent qb would have made. No excuses.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:I'm sorry but this is absolutely all on Ponder. He's taken points off the board twice. He can't keep the offense on the field for more than a minute. You can't ask your defense to be out there that long against an offense like green bay. This is all on ponder.
No, it's not. I understand the anger and frustration that leads to a conclusion like that but football games are won and lost by teams, not one individual. The defense opened this game like crap, played well for a while and are now closing it like crap. They don't deserve to be let off the hook just because Ponder has been awful.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

soflavike wrote:And here comes #7, ready to do a #2 again.
:rofl: :rofl:
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

way to stay in the pocket for 2.3 seconds ponder!
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Here we go, Christian.

Save your f'n career if you can
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Mothman wrote: ... no offense to Valhalla but that's evidence that this loss (if it ends up a loss) isn't ALL on the QB. Ponder's incompetence has played a big role but the defense was terrible in the first quarter and they aren't getting the job done now either.
I'm going to go contrarian on you here. The Vikings gave up a bad TD drive early, and a bad FG drive here. But those ten points aren't going to be the reason the game was lost.

Say you could have gone into today, and I told you the Vikes defense would give up 23 points to the Packers at Lambeau. You would have thought that was a pretty good result.