LeBron fiasco

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

reyez
Starter

Re: LeBron fiasco

Post by reyez »

Bill Simmons made a comparison to when Roger Clemens left the Red Sox for the Blue Jays. Simmons watched the press conference, waiting for Clemens to throw a bone to the Sox fans, thanking them for their support, acknowledging that his beef was with management, not the fans who had adored him for over a decade. It never came. Same thing with The Decision. All he needed was a simple shout-out to all the fans who had supported him for 7 years in the NBA and in HS before that would have eased so much pain. But he didn't.
That's a perfect example.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Actually when I was there in 2004ish, the town was a pig sty. But to each his own...
How about this then;

There are towns a lot worse off than Cleveland who actually has several professional teams and the Rock and Roll hall of fame.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

808vikingsfan wrote:

I would be fine with all that IF he didn't consider himself :

:lol:
well obviously i can't defend him for that. but he was given all the hype way before he ever put on an nba jersey. i can't fault him for letting it get to his head a little. think that's how a loit of athletes are. my whole point is i just can't fault the guy for going to a team where he believes he has a shot at winning a title. but i do fault him and his peers big time for that ridiculous one hour special. that was a huge mistake and made him look like a far bigger tool than i believe he really is. i don't think people would have blasted his decision to go to miama as much if he would have just came out with a brief statement saying he was doing so rather than puttin on that huge stupid "special". that seemed to be a huge slap in the face of the fans and i bet he's already realizing what a mistake that was.
i'm ready for a beer.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

the fact that espn gave Lebron this kinda of self promotional time on their network
says it all does it not ?

a turd is a turd no matter how much you polish it up...
:soap
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

jackal wrote:the fact that espn gave Lebron this kinda of self promotional time on their network
says it all does it not ?

a turd is a turd no matter how much you polish it up...
:soap
I know, I was really hoping he would stay in Cleveland with the special...
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

Now its our time wrote: I know, I was really hoping he would stay in Cleveland with the special...

Exactly that just made him so much more of a traitor to Cavilers and a disgrace to Cleveland and will be responisble for every bad thing that happens there.
reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

vikeinmontana wrote: :lol:
well obviously i can't defend him for that. but he was given all the hype way before he ever put on an nba jersey. i can't fault him for letting it get to his head a little. think that's how a loit of athletes are. my whole point is i just can't fault the guy for going to a team where he believes he has a shot at winning a title. but i do fault him and his peers big time for that ridiculous one hour special. that was a huge mistake and made him look like a far bigger tool than i believe he really is. i don't think people would have blasted his decision to go to miama as much if he would have just came out with a brief statement saying he was doing so rather than puttin on that huge stupid "special". that seemed to be a huge slap in the face of the fans and i bet he's already realizing what a mistake that was.
Look at that what kind of man does that to himself. I don't understand who can look up to a guy like him. I feel bad for the people of Ohio who saw this man as some kind of hero or savior for their city. There are little children who probably don't want to play basketball anymore. There are dudes who probably don't want to live anymore. There are ladies who will ....... nevermind. :? Oh yeah I agree he would not have been blasted alot if he did not do that hour special on ESPN.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

well, that take may be a bit extreme. if kids stop playing basketball because a player left an nba team they may need to find a hobby. if people want to die because a guy leaves an nba team they need serious mental help. sports are fun. fans become passionate. but many times it goes too far. who cares? an athlete switched teams. is he perfect? far from it. but he doesn't seem to be some idiot thug either. as for who does that to their body.....try just about any athlete you can imagine! how many guys on the vikes do you think DON'T have ink? not many.
i'm ready for a beer.
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

the guy is named LeBron...LeBRON! What would you expect from him. If your own parents decide to give you a handle like that you will probably have a hard road ahead of you...not so much because of the name itself but because of what it indicates.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

TrenchGoon wrote:If your own parents decide to give you a handle like that you will probably have a hard road ahead of you...not so much because of the name itself but because of what it indicates.
Actually his parents were big fans of LeBaron automobiles and conceived their child with the intent of him being a living homage to the company, but they were drunk when they filled out the birth certificate
Iron Man Favre
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Iron Man Favre »

808vikingsfan wrote:Watching sportscenter last night. They show about 10 highlights from a Heat-Hawks game. I'd say 9 out of the 10 were of Lebron. Lebron unstopable! Oh yeah, Hawks win by 9.

I know it's only preseason, but get prepared for the ESPN-Lebron show .
I remember when Karl Malone and Gary Payton came to the Lakers I swear for about a month and a half probably even more the first thing ESPN talked about was the Lakers. That was the first segment at 6 o'clock they talked about.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Of course he does that crap intentionally. He's a certified grade-A ####-hole. Not a big surprise though, when you deify young athletes all you're doing is creating a monster. Just look at Randy Moss.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

HornedMessiah wrote:Of course he does that crap intentionally. He's a certified grade-A ####-hole. Not a big surprise though, when you deify young athletes all you're doing is creating a monster. Just look at Randy Moss.
:thumbsup:
lebron is just a crybaby like moss and blames others when things go wrong.