Wolves/Davin Kahn

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Wolves/Davin Kahn

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I'm not as knowledgeable about basketball deals/ players as I am football and baseball, so I'm hoping someone can help me here, since I can't read the "comments" section on any Wolves article on Startrib.com without reading a bunch of SPAM, arguing, name-calling, politics, or general stupidity.

Does David Kahn know what he is doing, or is he just making moves to make moves? I read somewhere that he is thinking about trading Jefferson or Love, but isn't that all we have?
I'm not talking about Rubio, because there are many opinions here about him and I don't want an argument about that here.

Am I missing something about Kahn?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Wolves/Davin Kahn

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I will be very disappointed if we trade Al Jefferson. I know he has lost a step after tearing his ACL, but he is still a very good player. We need him because no rookie forward is going to step in a make an immediate impact right away.

Doubt Minnesota will do any in free agency... could be another season of 10 to 20 wins.... very discouraging to be a T-Wolves fan
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

$5M a year for Darko? Seriously? Who exactly was he bidding against there?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

:lol:

Oh man, Twolves are the Lions of the NFL.

But hey, they have a guy playing in Spain that didn't want to play for Twolves and still doesn't who'll save them!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Wow.... 4 Power Forwards now. However, I really love the Beasley trade for the Wolves, but this probably means the end of Jefferson in MInnesota.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

so hard to be a t-wolves fan right now. i will say that living over here in montana it saves me some money not bothering to buy the nba package on directv! good thing too cause the wife starts to get annoyed when i by the march madness package, directly followed by the extra innings package so i can watch the twins, directly into the nfl season ticket! back when the wolves were good those bills in november, december, and january were pricey!
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Wow.... 4 Power Forwards now. However, I really love the Beasley trade for the Wolves, but this probably means the end of Jefferson in MInnesota.

And I don't know why. Jefferson is the best player this team has had since Garnett, and I would argue he is the second best player in the Franchise's shaky history. I would rather they get rid of Love if they have to get rid of one of them.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
And I don't know why. Jefferson is the best player this team has had since Garnett, and I would argue he is the second best player in the Franchise's shaky history. I would rather they get rid of Love if they have to get rid of one of them.
Yeah no point of having Jefferson around. They need to get rid of that Rubio cat from Spain.
Allenfreak69
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Allenfreak69 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Hold your horses...Jefferson is not nearly as good as you think. He is decent on offense, but is awful on defense. Dont let his PPG grow too much on you. Honestly, big al really is not that good.

Our Day Will Come
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

First off just let me start off by saying i am not a huge T-Wolves fan so some of my points might be off the mark.

Isn't the reason the Wolves want to get rid of Jefferson is that they are trying to move to more of an up tempo game? Jefferson just wouldnt fit in would he? Also i beleive Rubio would fit in alot better if the Twolves went more up Tempo. They should get a good deal for Jefferson. They should also get a good deal for Rubio if he doesn't want to play here. They just need to be patient with Rubio as the guy is young and a great deal will indeed come for him. Now the Twolves just need not screw up these deals.

Something cool if you break it down. Twolves want to move Jefferson so Love gets more playing time. When i first heard this i thought they were nuts. But after looking at the stats from last season there isnt much of a discrepency between the two.

Love 14 pts--11Reb---2.3 asst
Jefferson 17.1 pts--9.3 Reb---1.8 asst

Love also shoots 81% from the FT line and 33% from 3 point range. So if you think about it trading Jefferson so Love can get more playing time isnt as bad as one would think. However the Wolves need to get something out of the deal.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Allenfreak69 wrote: Hold your horses...Jefferson is not nearly as good as you think. He is decent on offense, but is awful on defense. Dont let his PPG grow too much on you. Honestly, big al really is not that good.

I guess I never paid much attentio to his Defense. But I still think he is worth keeping, unless of course the right deal comes. Maybe Beasley will be even better, I dunno.
Allenfreak69
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Allenfreak69 »

purplemustreign wrote:I guess I never paid much attentio to his Defense. But I still think he is worth keeping, unless of course the right deal comes. Maybe Beasley will be even better, I dunno.
Yeah, Beasley has potential to be one of the greats in the league. He came into the draft after one year at college, so he is only 21 right now, with plenty of time to improve. The other astonishing thing about this is that we got beasley for next to nothing. A second round pick for a guy with his talent is a total steal.

As for Jefferson, the new wolves staff (kahn/rambis) dont think he fits very well into the "traingle" offense that they now run, so thats the main reason they want to move him.

Our Day Will Come
reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

Allenfreak69 wrote: Yeah, Beasley has potential to be one of the greats in the league. He came into the draft after one year at college, so he is only 21 right now, with plenty of time to improve. The other astonishing thing about this is that we got beasley for next to nothing. A second round pick for a guy with his talent is a total steal.
:lol: Was that a joke? Im still waiting for Kwame Brown to be the franchise player he was supposed to be and he was picked right after high school by michael jordan. How about Darko Milicic who the Twolves have right now was a 2nd overall pick at the age of 18(i think). To think he was drafted over, Carmello, Wade and Bosh. He's been essentially worthless. Greg Oden was drafted #1 after 1 year in college he could be on his way there. Which leads me to think what if Portland had drafted Kevin Durant instead of Oden? I can go on and on if u want.

Also the Heat and Wolves swapped future first round picks. WHICH WAS SO STUPID FOR THEM TO DO. Lets say Heat wins a championship in the future and the Wolves have the worst record in the league. The Wolves will get the 30th pick and the Miami Heat can get the #1 overall depending on that fixed lottery.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

reyez wrote:Also the Heat and Wolves swapped future first round picks. WHICH WAS SO STUPID FOR THEM TO DO. Lets say Heat wins a championship in the future and the Wolves have the worst record in the league. The Wolves will get the 30th pick and the Miami Heat can get the #1 overall depending on that fixed lottery.

The Wolves get to pick when that happens...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

AP source: Al Jefferson headed from Wolves to Jazz

MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to send power forward Al Jefferson to the Utah Jazz for two future first-round draft picks and a salary-cap trade exception, a person with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been officially announced.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolve ... CinchO7DUs

Wow, two first round picks? That is a good deal for us (presumably). I liked Jefferson a lot, I really believed he was a very good player. Best of luck to him in Utah.