Blackmon this years biggest bust

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

joe h
Veteran

Blackmon this years biggest bust

Post by joe h »

Everyone thought the Vikings were fools for taking a LT in the top 5. Although Blackmon has Gabbert throwing him the ball, I don't see Ponder improving his numbers much, since Jenkins numbers have been nearly identical. There is no reason to be wasting first round picks on receivers, if you have a weak armed qb.

Thrown to 59 times, 26 receptions, 250 yards, 2.3 yards after catch, and an impressive 1 td.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Blackmon this years biggest bust

Post by jackal »

he had a big game today, but i really glad we didn't take him Kalil is a beast and really changed our OL
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Blackmon this years biggest bust

Post by HornedMessiah »

LOL, ya now that he has a halfways-decent QB throwing the ball to him he can actually show what he's capable of. Almost 240 yards on only 7 receptions? Damn, that's a huge game but still got overshadowed by Andre Johnson's monster performance. Gabbert has been terrible, and he looks even worse now that Henne has stepped in and played well. Ponder looks like a stud compared to this Gabbert. The smart move for that franchise would be to make Henne the starter for now and put Gabbert on the sidelines for the rest of the season at least. He's done nothing to show he's a franchise QB and the best thing right now for his career might be to spend some time off the field.

"Everyone thought the Vikings were fools for taking a LT in the top 5", really? I don't think that's the case at all. In fact, the Vikings were praised for trading down and still getting the guy they wanted.