Who To Start This Week

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Who To Start This Week

Post by Hunter Morrow »

This is my situation, no flex. I couldn't get or trade for any Wide Receivers and both Hernandez and Garcon for me got hurt. I tried to pillage first come, first serve free agents for value. League is PPR. This is who I got...

QB
Rothburger
Andy Dalton

Running Backs
Trent Richardson :smilevike:
Darren Sproles :smilevike:
Benjarvus Green-Ellis
Andre Brown as Free Agent, Dropped Dwyer to get him

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends. League rule is you need to keep a minimum of 2 WRs
Pierre Garcon (Hope I can start him this week)
Brian Hartline instead of injured Aaron Hernandez
Martellus Bennett instead of dropped Eric Decker
Dennis Pittna instead of Justin Blackmon

DST
Arizona
Detroit

Kickers
Biornas
BLAIR WALSH :smilevike:

Do I go this week...

Dalton or Roth?
Trent and Sproles
Hartline and Pittna
Detroit D against Tennessee
Walsh

That is what I'm thinking. Thanks!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Who To Start This Week

Post by dead_poet »

Hunter Morrow wrote:This is my situation, no flex. I couldn't get or trade for any Wide Receivers and both Hernandez and Garcon for me got hurt. I tried to pillage first come, first serve free agents for value. League is PPR. This is who I got...
Roth
Trent and Sproles
Hartline and Pittna
Detroit D against Tennessee
Walsh

I have Garcon in one league too and just saw a practice report that had him limited. I have less time to make a decision in my flex spot because my alternatives play tonight. It sucks because he started out so hot before the injury.

If I were you I'd have dropped Blackmon and kept Decker. Why do you have two kickers? Not necessary. Drop Biornas and you wouldn't have to also drop Blackmon. Actually, the more I think about it, this is what I'd do (this may not work because your league seems set up a little differently).

Big Ben
Richardson
Sproles
Decker
Bennett (no Nicks. He's going to have a ton of targets tonight)
Pitta
Detroit
Walsh

If this doesn't work, I'd play Bennett over Pitta and I guess Hartline.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

2 Kickers is mandatory in the league, as it two defenses, 4 RBs, 4 receiver types (2 of which must be WRs).

Can only start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR types, 1 DST and 1 kicker
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hunter Morrow wrote:2 Kickers is mandatory in the league, as it two defenses, 4 RBs, 4 receiver types (2 of which must be WRs).

Can only start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR types, 1 DST and 1 kicker
That's a strange league.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Gets stranger

1. We didn't pick before the season, started Week 2

2. We had to bid based on what our franchises made in a given year. Last year K.C. only made 15 mill profit in this league on our target expenditures of 35 million on salary.

3. As a consequence of our very small market and lack of money we couldn't bid on top talent too much. Every top 10 RB, WR and QB was going for 8, 9, 10 mil and we couldn't get 'em.

So weird. Part of my Sports Management requirement in Interdisciplinary Studies. 10 out of the 12 teams have people who have never played Fantasy FB before and I am 1 of them.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Thanks a lot for the help, Dead Poet. I was going to go with Garcon or Hartline over Bennett but Bennett already has a ten yard catch for a touchdown.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Thanks a lot for the help, Dead Poet. I was going to go with Garcon or Hartline over Bennett but Bennett already has a ten yard catch for a touchdown.
No problem. I wish I could help myself as well as others sometimes. I couldn't trust Garcon so I benched him for LaFell. I also had Brown I could've put in but felt LaFell offered more upside with the way he's been playing in a PPR league at home. That's, um, not going well. In my money league I have Newton as my starter. It's not looking great. I hate Thursday games.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :steamed: :wallbang: :twisted: You told me to start Sproles over Brown. Brown's already got 100 yards and a touchdown. At halftime. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, DEAD POET!

Just kidding. Sproles is redonk is Point Per Reception. I got 28 points off him last week and he basically won me the game on his 5 foot nothing frame.

He better be 20 points or better or I'll never forgive you, Dead Poet.

Also, I took the tight end thinking he'd get targetted like 15 or 20 times...

AND THAT EFFING S.O.B. MANNING KEEPS PASSING TO BARDEN.

:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: