Thielen to IR

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Thielen to IR

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Looks like Adam’s season is over.

Shame. He was having a good year and was our best red zone threat.

He’s been my favorite Viking since he first broke out as a starter in 2016.

Looks like KJ Osborn will have to continue to step up. He’s performed really well, but he’s not at Thielen’s level, especially in the red zone.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Thielen to IR

Post by halfgiz »

It’s a shame that he rushed back. And now had to have surgery.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I hate to say this, but if Thielen were with a team like the Patriots he would likely have been traded this season for future considerations. He's at an age and point in his career where he's well established and could be a very attractive vet option for a team with Superbowl dreams, but he's also likely at or slightly past his peak and offers diminishing returns going forward.

A trade like that also gives him a chance to compete for a Superbowl at a point in his career where that likely matters more to him than just putting up stats. Younger players have their whole careers in front of them and might be content with being voted all pro or going to pro bowls, but Thielen probably wants to wear some hardware.

Now that he's on IR there is no chance of that, and less chance of that happening over the offseason as well.

It would be really interesting to see what a new GM would do with some of the vets on this team.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingLord wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:39 pm I hate to say this, but if Thielen were with a team like the Patriots he would likely have been traded this season for future considerations. He's at an age and point in his career where he's well established and could be a very attractive vet option for a team with Superbowl dreams, but he's also likely at or slightly past his peak and offers diminishing returns going forward.

A trade like that also gives him a chance to compete for a Superbowl at a point in his career where that likely matters more to him than just putting up stats. Younger players have their whole careers in front of them and might be content with being voted all pro or going to pro bowls, but Thielen probably wants to wear some hardware.

Now that he's on IR there is no chance of that, and less chance of that happening over the offseason as well.

It would be really interesting to see what a new GM would do with some of the vets on this team.
Something tells me Speilman isn't going anywhere. I think he has a great relationship with Mark Wilf who appears to be the family member with his boots on the ground with the Vikings. If he felt trader down wasn't the guy he would have axed him by now. IMO I think Speilman will be allowed to walk on his own terms or move to some BS position within the organization which would be his firing. If I owned the team I would have canned him during the draft when he let a QB gift fall through his lap. That will never happen again in the next decade for us. He wouldn't have been in the draft chair day 2. The Wilf's want to win and I fully believe that. I said it before but I like Adam Peters of the 49ers. I would like him to be our next GM. I like the way that 49er team is run and they build a solid roster. They probably don't make the Super Bowl this year because too many things are working against them like hitting the road, winning 3 games and not having a HOF caliber QB. That 49er team kicked our teams A$$. They dominated the LOS and everything starts right there. That battle must be won. Theilen is a great story but I do feel the tank is about empty at this point. Not running on fumes but it's getting close. He could go to another team but does he have that much left that he could turn a potential Super Bowl contender into a true contender. He couldn't to it for us so I don't know the team that needs him.