Vikings @ Chargers post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Fat Stupid Loser
Starter
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:36 am
x 51

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by Fat Stupid Loser » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:45 pm

veryoldschool wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:54 pm
Someone, probably the owners, must have yelled at Zimmer to let the offense throw the ball. Cousins had another great game with 2 TDs, about 300 yards, and no picks behind a weak Viking offensive line, amazing effort. With a crappy OL is important to chuck and duck limiting deep strikes but Cousins used the fading protection he had to make completion after completion and will the Vikings to victory.

Cousins is great and the Vikings have a number of good skill players. I can't wait to see what a real HC & OC can do if they rebuild the OL and let Cousins cook next year. I know this board is cluttered with Kirk bashers. I find their posts uninformed and ridiculous for the most part. Clearly Cousins is the best Viking QB since the Carter administration. Many posters here were not even born then so Cousins is the best Viking QB in your lifetime. Without a good frame of reference to compare him to no wonder so many of you are so confused. Thankfully, stoic Cousins keeps turning in Pro Bowl level performances even if fans here are not even practice squad material, you know who you are.
Whats up VeryOldSchool? Long time from ExtremeSkins, no?
0 x

Fat Stupid Loser
Starter
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:36 am
x 51

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by Fat Stupid Loser » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:45 pm

veryoldschool wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:54 pm
Someone, probably the owners, must have yelled at Zimmer to let the offense throw the ball. Cousins had another great game with 2 TDs, about 300 yards, and no picks behind a weak Viking offensive line, amazing effort. With a crappy OL is important to chuck and duck limiting deep strikes but Cousins used the fading protection he had to make completion after completion and will the Vikings to victory.

Cousins is great and the Vikings have a number of good skill players. I can't wait to see what a real HC & OC can do if they rebuild the OL and let Cousins cook next year. I know this board is cluttered with Kirk bashers. I find their posts uninformed and ridiculous for the most part. Clearly Cousins is the best Viking QB since the Carter administration. Many posters here were not even born then so Cousins is the best Viking QB in your lifetime. Without a good frame of reference to compare him to no wonder so many of you are so confused. Thankfully, stoic Cousins keeps turning in Pro Bowl level performances even if fans here are not even practice squad material, you know who you are.
Whats up VeryOldSchool? Long time from ExtremeSkins, no?
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 505

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by VikingsVictorious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:00 pm

CharVike wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:22 pm
One play I was impressed by Cousins was a pass were a guy was coming straight at him and he stepped into and delivered the ball downfield and took the shot. Everyone seen it coming but he made the play. Nobody will mention that one. Not saying Kirk is any good but that's a play no analyst will even bring up. And yes he still needs to pack his bags. One game or play changes nothing. Next week will be a tough one. Wilson couldn't get a point on the board. Complete bum. It will be tough for Kirk.
We will score more than 20. Hopefully the D steps up and that will be enough.
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 505

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by VikingsVictorious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:04 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:39 pm
veryoldschool wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:54 pm
Someone, probably the owners, must have yelled at Zimmer to let the offense throw the ball. Cousins had another great game with 2 TDs, about 300 yards, and no picks behind a weak Viking offensive line, amazing effort.
The amazing effort is you trying to find a way to blame an Oline that is giving up the fewest sacks in the NFL for the QB's lack of success this season.
Our QB has had great success this year. The team hasn't. Cousins has obviously played exceptionally well this year. He's part of the solution and definitely not part of the problem.
0 x

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1291

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:07 pm

CharVike wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:22 pm
One play I was impressed by Cousins was a pass were a guy was coming straight at him and he stepped into and delivered the ball downfield and took the shot. Everyone seen it coming but he made the play. Nobody will mention that one. Not saying Kirk is any good but that's a play no analyst will even bring up. And yes he still needs to pack his bags. One game or play changes nothing. Next week will be a tough one. Wilson couldn't get a point on the board. Complete bum. It will be tough for Kirk.
Oh my goodness, how I get a chuckle out of hyperbole! :lol:

Russell Wilson a bum? Because of one game coming off an injury? That’s priceless!

Tell you what. If Wilson is a bum, then he’s a first-ballot Hall of Fame bum. And don’t look now, but he’s about one more loss from demanding to be released from the prison also known as Pete Carroll’s outdated system. If he comes available, I’d pay a pretty hefty price to get him into a purple uniform. My fear is that Erin Rodgers will leave the Packers and Russell Wilson will end up back in Wisconsin.

Bum. Seriously man, you do make me smile.
0 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 441

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:16 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:04 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:39 pm

The amazing effort is you trying to find a way to blame an Oline that is giving up the fewest sacks in the NFL for the QB's lack of success this season.
Our QB has had great success this year. The team hasn't. Cousins has obviously played exceptionally well this year. He's part of the solution and definitely not part of the problem.
Think about what you just wrote for a second. Personal stats over team, or even just the offenses success, is the only way to defend Cousins at this point.

The .500 QB of the 19th ranked scoring offense, with a top 5 rusher, two top 10 WRs and an Oline giving up the fewest sacks in the NFL, playing with the 12th ranked scoring defense is having great success?

Can you point to another QB who has had great success in a season on a below average offense only winning half his games? Serious question. What successful QB has done as little with so much?
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 505

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by VikingsVictorious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:16 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:04 pm

Our QB has had great success this year. The team hasn't. Cousins has obviously played exceptionally well this year. He's part of the solution and definitely not part of the problem.
Think about what you just wrote for a second. Personal stats over team, or even just the offenses success, is the only way to defend Cousins at this point.

The .500 QB of the 19th ranked scoring offense, with a top 5 rusher, two top 10 WRs and an Oline giving up the fewest sacks in the NFL, playing with the 12th ranked scoring defense is having great success?

Can you point to another QB who has had great success in a season on a below average offense only winning half his games? Serious question. What successful QB has done as little with so much?
Your serious question shows you have no concept of good QB play at all. All you need to do is watch him play to realize how well he has played, but you are so blinded by your hate you will never see anything good. Your hate of Cousins is pathetic.
I bet you love Herbert who Cousins just made his bi... on Herbert's home field.
0 x

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 441

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:23 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Think about what you just wrote for a second. Personal stats over team, or even just the offenses success, is the only way to defend Cousins at this point.

The .500 QB of the 19th ranked scoring offense, with a top 5 rusher, two top 10 WRs and an Oline giving up the fewest sacks in the NFL, playing with the 12th ranked scoring defense is having great success?

Can you point to another QB who has had great success in a season on a below average offense only winning half his games? Serious question. What successful QB has done as little with so much?
Your serious question shows you have no concept of good QB play at all. All you need to do is watch him play to realize how well he has played, but you are so blinded by your hate you will never see anything good. Your hate of Cousins is pathetic.
I bet you love Herbert who Cousins just made his bi... on Herbert's home field.
I have watched the offense go 3 and out more than any team outside of the Jags, Texans and Seahawks without Wilson. I have watched it have the 26th worst TOP per drive, put up the 19th most points and 21st most yards per drive and I have watched it fail to score a TD in the second half of 5 straight games.

I have watched countless plays where guys were wide open downfield and Cousins choosing to check down on 3rd down and end drives.

That isn't successful QB play. Successful QB play leads to a successful offense and that is not something this team has. If you disagree with that statement please, give me an example of a QB who was successful who was quarterbacking a below average offense despite a top 5 RB, 2 top 10 WRs, and an Oline that is giving up the fewest sacks in the NFL.

What other QB has had so much but done so little with it?
0 x

User avatar
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 am
x 52

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by Thaumaturgist » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Think about what you just wrote for a second. Personal stats over team, or even just the offenses success, is the only way to defend Cousins at this point.

The .500 QB of the 19th ranked scoring offense, with a top 5 rusher, two top 10 WRs and an Oline giving up the fewest sacks in the NFL, playing with the 12th ranked scoring defense is having great success?

Can you point to another QB who has had great success in a season on a below average offense only winning half his games? Serious question. What successful QB has done as little with so much?
Your serious question shows you have no concept of good QB play at all. All you need to do is watch him play to realize how well he has played, but you are so blinded by your hate you will never see anything good. Your hate of Cousins is pathetic.
I bet you love Herbert who Cousins just made his bi... on Herbert's home field.
I think the real problem with Cousins is that he is so Jekyll/Hyde... He can be so dang good, but he can also really have :hitfan: games.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1755
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 523

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by RandyMoss84 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Thaumaturgist wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Your serious question shows you have no concept of good QB play at all. All you need to do is watch him play to realize how well he has played, but you are so blinded by your hate you will never see anything good. Your hate of Cousins is pathetic.
I bet you love Herbert who Cousins just made his bi... on Herbert's home field.
I think the real problem with Cousins is that he is so Jekyll/Hyde... He can be so dang good, but he can also really have :hitfan: games.
You can say the same thing about every quarterback
0 x

User avatar
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 am
x 52

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by Thaumaturgist » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:59 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:45 pm
Thaumaturgist wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 pm


I think the real problem with Cousins is that he is so Jekyll/Hyde... He can be so dang good, but he can also really have :hitfan: games.
You can say the same thing about every quarterback
While I agree with you that it can happen to any qb, I personally feel like I see bad Cousins more than I see the good Cousins. YMMV.😊
0 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 339

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by CharVike » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:50 am

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:07 pm
CharVike wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:22 pm
One play I was impressed by Cousins was a pass were a guy was coming straight at him and he stepped into and delivered the ball downfield and took the shot. Everyone seen it coming but he made the play. Nobody will mention that one. Not saying Kirk is any good but that's a play no analyst will even bring up. And yes he still needs to pack his bags. One game or play changes nothing. Next week will be a tough one. Wilson couldn't get a point on the board. Complete bum. It will be tough for Kirk.
Oh my goodness, how I get a chuckle out of hyperbole! :lol:

Russell Wilson a bum? Because of one game coming off an injury? That’s priceless!

Tell you what. If Wilson is a bum, then he’s a first-ballot Hall of Fame bum. And don’t look now, but he’s about one more loss from demanding to be released from the prison also known as Pete Carroll’s outdated system. If he comes available, I’d pay a pretty hefty price to get him into a purple uniform. My fear is that Erin Rodgers will leave the Packers and Russell Wilson will end up back in Wisconsin.

Bum. Seriously man, you do make me smile.
He had a bum game that's all. I watched Wilson post game press conference. The media was dancing around nobody came out and said you scored zero. I give him credit because he told them what happen. He said he missed some guys. I didn't play well. But we were still in it towards the end. I was pointing out that the Pack D looks to be good. He will be in the HOF everybody knows that. He won a SB but don't that defense deserve any credit at all? Wilson has throw over 30 TDs 5 out or the last 6 years. He's in the playoffs every year. His worst record was 9-7. I wouldn't throw Carroll under the bus. He deserves some credit also. It takes coaching to. Wilson would fit great with the Saints. They will be all in to get a QB this off season. That team has some talent but they need a better QB. I don't think the Hawks will let Wilson go. Carroll who must be 70 will be told to retire. Wilson means too much.
0 x

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1291

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:56 pm

CharVike wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:50 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Oh my goodness, how I get a chuckle out of hyperbole! :lol:

Russell Wilson a bum? Because of one game coming off an injury? That’s priceless!

Tell you what. If Wilson is a bum, then he’s a first-ballot Hall of Fame bum. And don’t look now, but he’s about one more loss from demanding to be released from the prison also known as Pete Carroll’s outdated system. If he comes available, I’d pay a pretty hefty price to get him into a purple uniform. My fear is that Erin Rodgers will leave the Packers and Russell Wilson will end up back in Wisconsin.

Bum. Seriously man, you do make me smile.
He had a bum game that's all. I watched Wilson post game press conference. The media was dancing around nobody came out and said you scored zero. I give him credit because he told them what happen. He said he missed some guys. I didn't play well. But we were still in it towards the end. I was pointing out that the Pack D looks to be good. He will be in the HOF everybody knows that. He won a SB but don't that defense deserve any credit at all? Wilson has throw over 30 TDs 5 out or the last 6 years. He's in the playoffs every year. His worst record was 9-7. I wouldn't throw Carroll under the bus. He deserves some credit also. It takes coaching to. Wilson would fit great with the Saints. They will be all in to get a QB this off season. That team has some talent but they need a better QB. I don't think the Hawks will let Wilson go. Carroll who must be 70 will be told to retire. Wilson means too much.
Wilson came back too soon. He wasn’t anywhere near 100%.

As for Carroll, nobody is taking credit away from what he’s accomplished. Unfortunately the game is passing him by. He can’t seem to figure out that the Legion of Boom defense doesn’t work very well without the actual Legion of Boom players. And the offense … no excuse with the weapons they have.
0 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 505

Re: Vikings @ Chargers post game

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:14 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:23 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Your serious question shows you have no concept of good QB play at all. All you need to do is watch him play to realize how well he has played, but you are so blinded by your hate you will never see anything good. Your hate of Cousins is pathetic.
I bet you love Herbert who Cousins just made his bi... on Herbert's home field.
I have watched the offense go 3 and out more than any team outside of the Jags, Texans and Seahawks without Wilson. I have watched it have the 26th worst TOP per drive, put up the 19th most points and 21st most yards per drive and I have watched it fail to score a TD in the second half of 5 straight games.

I have watched countless plays where guys were wide open downfield and Cousins choosing to check down on 3rd down and end drives.

That isn't successful QB play. Successful QB play leads to a successful offense and that is not something this team has. If you disagree with that statement please, give me an example of a QB who was successful who was quarterbacking a below average offense despite a top 5 RB, 2 top 10 WRs, and an Oline that is giving up the fewest sacks in the NFL.

What other QB has had so much but done so little with it?
Other than two poor games Cousins has played great. If you can't see that you're as blind as a bat.
0 x