The Toxic Zimmer/Cousins Relationship

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player

Re: The Toxic Zimmer/Cousins Relationship

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:17 pm

TSonn wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:03 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:00 am

Yes I have read that quote that is not saying he isn't allowed to call timeouts.

He is saying he doesn't know what his coach wants, playing into the title of this thread and throwing the coaching staff under the bus for his screw up. It was their screw up as well no doubt, but he 100% is allowed to call timeouts and has done it multiple times as a Viking.
Zimmer also said this at his press conference the same day:

"All timeouts should go through me."

Put Zim's comment and Kirk's comment together and Kirk was trying to be Minnesota-nice (or Michigan-nice) for - "Zimmer doesn't let me call timeouts so it's his fault".

I've mentioned this before but you seemed to ignore it last time and again didn't include it here in your defense of Zimmer.
Didn't even see you post that before. Could you post the source for that quote?

Here is mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS8wikoSmck

5 minutes in: "He has the ability to call a timeout". -Zimmer

Cousins has called timeouts in that spot before, Zimmer has said he can call timeouts in that spot, and Cousins never claimed he couldn't.

To the OP's point, what Cousins actually said is far more damning about the relationship between the coach and QB. Cousins threw his coach under the bus, his coach in turn took responsibility for something both he and the QB F'd up and claimed it was a communication issue.
1 x

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:34 pm

I hate everything. :steamed:
0 x

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:05 pm

Such is the Fate of a Viking Fan.....
0 x

Foreman44
Starter

Post by Foreman44 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:41 pm

Another big reason to move on from Zimmer. I was ready last year, and I am fine if it happens before the end of season. I Doubt that happens.. But change is needed.

I said in chat. I like Cousins. He can put up the yardage, he-is fine if you have a lead.. But if we are 10 or more points in the 4th. He is not the QB to drive the team, put it on his shoulders.. unlike guys like Favre, Rodgers,Brady,Lewis. They can be down 10 points late. They can and will carry the team.

Question. Does anyone here feel Cousins is the QBs to carry us to a championship...

Only question I have is With Minn. his offensive line has been mediocre at best. Would he be that QBs if we had a top 5-10 O.L.
0 x