Wandering Viking

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Wandering Viking

Post by chicagopurple » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:28 am

SO, This coming week I am moving from Chicago (an easy but long ride to MN) to Wilmington, NC. Gone will be the days of car trips to see the Vikes homes game. I guess the silver lining this year is that I really wasnt looking forward to watching a train wreck. Even so, now I will need to find a new Viking Friendly sports bar. Anyone happen to know that area and have a good recommendation for a place I can suffer with my fellow fans? Good by Illinois, no more insane taxes, bitter winters and crazy murder rates....gotta learn to surf a hurricane.
0 x

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Wandering Viking

Post by Dmizzle0 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:17 pm

chicagopurple wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:28 am
SO, This coming week I am moving from Chicago (an easy but long ride to MN) to Wilmington, NC. Gone will be the days of car trips to see the Vikes homes game. I guess the silver lining this year is that I really wasnt looking forward to watching a train wreck. Even so, now I will need to find a new Viking Friendly sports bar. Anyone happen to know that area and have a good recommendation for a place I can suffer with my fellow fans? Good by Illinois, no more insane taxes, bitter winters and crazy murder rates....gotta learn to surf a hurricane.
Which bar did you go to while in Chicago?
0 x

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:12 pm

Greystone and Wills....both were a bit of a drive but for a big game its fun.....back in the day when they actually made it into the playoffs we would go to a nearby Italian place and they always played the game on the tvs--long meal then drinks
0 x

psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:44 pm

I have family in Wrightsville Beach, I have feelers out ... will keep you posted
0 x

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:39 am

chicagopurple wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:12 pm
Greystone and Wills....both were a bit of a drive but for a big game its fun.....back in the day when they actually made it into the playoffs we would go to a nearby Italian place and they always played the game on the tvs--long meal then drinks
I actually live close to Greystone. There was also Redman's where they had like a Vikings group but they moved to Roadhouse 66 is this year.
0 x