Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

Post by StumpHunter »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 am
It honestly seems like it's gotten to the point that people will disagree with Stump because it's Stump that's posting it, not necessarily because they have any real issue with what he's posting. I mean he's had posts... And I'm paraphrasing... that say Zimmer is a problem, but he feels that there are bigger problems at the top, and that accountability starts at the top... Meaning the Wilfs. Since we can't change the ownership, we need to get rid of Spielman, etc... People basically reacted to this as "I can't believe you're giving Zimmer a pass" and it evolved into "Stump loves Zimmer, he uses any excuse to blame Kirk"
This is spot on.

As I have said many, many, many times, Zimmer, Rick and Cousins are above average at their respective positions. Above average isn't good enough. It never has been.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:57 am
Thaumaturgist wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 am
It honestly seems like it's gotten to the point that people will disagree with Stump because it's Stump that's posting it, not necessarily because they have any real issue with what he's posting. I mean he's had posts... And I'm paraphrasing... that say Zimmer is a problem, but he feels that there are bigger problems at the top, and that accountability starts at the top... Meaning the Wilfs. Since we can't change the ownership, we need to get rid of Spielman, etc... People basically reacted to this as "I can't believe you're giving Zimmer a pass" and it evolved into "Stump loves Zimmer, he uses any excuse to blame Kirk"
This is spot on.

As I have said many, many, many times, Zimmer, Rick and Cousins are above average at their respective positions. Above average isn't good enough. It never has been.
Then how did the Rams do it for a 2019 berth? The Eagles did it with a stiff QB. The 49ers did it with Jimmy G and they just drafted his replacement. You need to get hot at the right time. Having a stiff like Foles who is a backup at his best should knock a team out based on what you posted. I have said many many times you need to get hot at the right time. I also said you better control the LOS or you don't have a chance. Those three people that you just mentioned could make it but everything would have to break perfect. Plus we would need to get hot. IMO our defense isn't good enough and Zim's entire plan is to protect that unit. Our OL isn't good enough. They will get dominated by a top DL. The LOS battle will be lost and it will be tough to do anything.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingLord wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:06 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:49 am If you are the defender against personal attacks, then where were you when a certain poster who shall remain nameless said he was now “in my head”? It doesn’t get any more personal than that. It’s an obvious admission to what has become obvious to me … he’s not disagreeing, he’s trolling. That’s why I’ve chosen to put this poster on personal ignore.
That's what I would do if I thought someone was trying to provoke me.

I also said I don't support anyone insulting or trolling anyone else, including the instance to which you referred.
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:49 am Also, you complained about every thread turning into an argument about Cousins. That may be true, but this entire thread is ABOUT Cousins. Some of us want to talk about his play. So when rip us for talking about Cousins in a Cousins thread, you turn the board into exactly what you’re railing against! If you don’t like the conversation, then don’t participate.
It wasn't about Cousins per se - it was more about everyone piling on one person who has been critical of Cousins because Cousins has been playing well.
I've been on vacation and a lot of pages have come and gone. To 99% of the people the words I bolded from your post are obvious. However, to Stump and whoever this Phantom guy is they still think he's playing bad. Today Tom Brady had a tailor made 2 minute comeback from 2 points down with 2 minutes to go. He threw a pick 6. Cousins has been virtually perfect in those situations. However, Stump just goes on hating no matter what and pretends to be a vikings fan.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

CharVike wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:58 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:57 am
This is spot on.

Then how did the Rams do it for a 2019 berth? The Eagles did it with a stiff QB. The 49ers did it with Jimmy G and they just drafted his replacement. You need to get hot at the right time. Having a stiff like Foles who is a backup at his best should knock a team out based on what you posted. I have said many many times you need to get hot at the right time. I also said you better control the LOS or you don't have a chance. Those three people that you just mentioned could make it but everything would have to break perfect. Plus we would need to get hot. IMO our defense isn't good enough and Zim's entire plan is to protect that unit. Our OL isn't good enough. They will get dominated by a top DL. The LOS battle will be lost and it will be tough to do anything.
Our OL might be turning it around. I'm very optimistic.
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:38 am Yeah just looking at his posts this guy posts nothing but pure ####. Onto the ignore list he goes.
I really not worried about being on your ignore list I don't need quotes from people who know nothing about football. And if you think Cousins is the real deal your delusional.
The Northern Goshawk "phantom of the forest"
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

phantom wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:53 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:38 am Yeah just looking at his posts this guy posts nothing but pure ####. Onto the ignore list he goes.
I really not worried about being on your ignore list I don't need quotes from people who know nothing about football. And if you think Cousins is the real deal your delusional.
Lol #### off you absolute Muppet dweeb.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:40 pm
VikingLord wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:06 pm

That's what I would do if I thought someone was trying to provoke me.

I also said I don't support anyone insulting or trolling anyone else, including the instance to which you referred.

It wasn't about Cousins per se - it was more about everyone piling on one person who has been critical of Cousins because Cousins has been playing well.
I've been on vacation and a lot of pages have come and gone. To 99% of the people the words I bolded from your post are obvious. However, to Stump and whoever this Phantom guy is they still think he's playing bad. Today Tom Brady had a tailor made 2 minute comeback from 2 points down with 2 minutes to go. He threw a pick 6. Cousins has been virtually perfect in those situations. However, Stump just goes on hating no matter what and pretends to be a vikings fan.
Haven't really been ripping Cousins as much as pointing out he isn't playing as well as some think he is. He proved yesterday nothing has changed, but I guess I am a bad fan for wishing my team had a better QB.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:12 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:40 pm
Haven't really been ripping Cousins as much as pointing out he isn't playing as well as some think he is. He proved yesterday nothing has changed, but I guess I am a bad fan for wishing my team had a better QB.
I’m with you. But why stop there?

I guess I’m a bad fan for wishing my team had a better head coach, GM, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, offensive line, defensive line, and secondary.
i'm ready for a beer.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

So if they come out next week and get curb stomped by the ravens, will Zimmer be gone then? Somethings gotta give
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Boon wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:11 am So if they come out next week and get curb stomped by the ravens, will Zimmer be gone then? Somethings gotta give
Give Mond run with the 1st team in practice for the next two weeks then let's see how he looks. If the doesn't respond to getting rid of the leadership vacuum at QB, blow it all up.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Boon wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:11 am So if they come out next week and get curb stomped by the ravens, will Zimmer be gone then? Somethings gotta give
Really doubt it. They'd have to promote someone from within, and who would that be? There's nobody else remotely qualified beyond Andre Patterson, and I'd be afraid he'd just be Zimmer 2.0.

Gosh, it's almost as if our head coach intentionally surrounded himself with yes-men so he could have ultimate control.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:46 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:58 am
Our OL might be turning it around. I'm very optimistic.
I think they have the pieces in place to turn it around. I even think Bradbury could be ok if he had something next to him. Johnson is improving which is good. I'd like them to get Davis in there. This Udoh is killing our team. He gets 40 yards in penalties almost every game. That's a back breaker. We are building this through the draft. That takes many years when your starting from scratch.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

there is nothing to be optimistic about on this putrid version of the Vikes. Cousins crapped the bed last week, looked awful. Game planning was non-existent. OL sucks as always. Defense was a laughing stock against a scrub QB....special teams were god awful. This team is so bargain basement they arent worth spending your Sunday watching them.
Everyone is to blame, the WIlfs for being over enamored with the Golden Boy Spielman who is just a proven failure, their dinosaur of a coach, and all his cronies assistant coaches, especially the OC whose only qualification was that Daddy had connections. Any team that picks their OC by Nepotism is a guaranteed bottom feeder.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Sure Cousins has decent stats. Stats don't always equal wins. The only thing that matters is Wins. Cousins simply IS NOT A WINNER. Why can' people see that? He will NEVER be a NFL Winner. Cut the cord now.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Sure Cousins has decent stats. Stats don't always equal wins. The only thing that matters is Wins. Cousins simply IS NOT A WINNER. Why can' people see that? He will NEVER be a NFL Winner. Cut the cord now.