3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 429

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:19 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:39 pm


Are you really using an example where the HC gave Mahomes the ball back with a chance to win it when he could have easily ran the clock out as an example of what a coach should do?
Nope, I’m using an example of what you said “coaches never do” just one week ago. That “truth” lasted a long time
You are right, it lasted over 25 years.
1 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8482
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 853

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:20 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:19 pm


Nope, I’m using an example of what you said “coaches never do” just one week ago. That “truth” lasted a long time
You are right, it lasted over 25 years.
The entire point is just that. This isn’t 1995 anymore. The game has changed, coaching has changed, teams that are in the running year after year have balls. Zimmer on the other hand does not. It took 1 week to show the lack of balls he has. ONE WEEK! I could give two craps what the stat was saying 20 years ago. It’s completely irrelevant to the argument. This is a “what you’ve done lately” league. Nobody cares what coaches were doing in 1995. This is the modern day NFL, where you need balls to have success.

From the guy that thinks guys like cousins and Spielman are mediocre at best, you still take the time to defend mediocre at best coaching. You’re defending the guy that can’t string together a halfway decent defense anymore but can’t stand the guy that’s currently done everything you said he couldn’t do and is currently one of the highest, if not the highest, graded QB in the nfl.

If that’s not as# backwards, idk what is
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 429

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:20 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 am


You are right, it lasted over 25 years.
The entire point is just that. This isn’t 1995 anymore. The game has changed, coaching has changed, teams that are in the running year after year have balls. Zimmer on the other hand does not. It took 1 week to show the lack of balls he has. ONE WEEK! I could give two craps what the stat was saying 20 years ago. It’s completely irrelevant to the argument. This is a “what you’ve done lately” league. Nobody cares what coaches were doing in 1995. This is the modern day NFL, where you need balls to have success.

From the guy that thinks guys like cousins and Spielman are mediocre at best, you still take the time to defend mediocre at best coaching. You’re defending the guy that can’t string together a halfway decent defense anymore but can’t stand the guy that’s currently done everything you said he couldn’t do and is currently one of the highest, if not the highest, graded QB in the nfl.

If that’s not as# backwards, idk what is
I ripped Zimmer for the defense in this very thread. If the coach is failing and there are valid criticisms, I will rip him for them because I am fan of the team, not the coach.

This criticism is not valid though. It is just hindsight BS that fans do based on the result, not the actual logic behind the decision. You would have ripped him for running it or passing it or whatever he did in that spot if it didn't go the way of the Vikings, and that is a fact.
2 x

User avatar
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 am
x 49

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by Thaumaturgist » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:16 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:20 pm
I could give two craps what the stat was saying 20 years ago. It’s completely irrelevant to the argument.
The stat wasn't just 20 years ago... It's the last 25 years...so, all of last year, 2019, 2018, etc.

Did Zimmer break ground? No... But I can't fault him for that.

My guess is that the coach who goes against 25 years of history and it goes wrong would be crucified even more.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8482
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 853

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:40 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:20 pm


The entire point is just that. This isn’t 1995 anymore. The game has changed, coaching has changed, teams that are in the running year after year have balls. Zimmer on the other hand does not. It took 1 week to show the lack of balls he has. ONE WEEK! I could give two craps what the stat was saying 20 years ago. It’s completely irrelevant to the argument. This is a “what you’ve done lately” league. Nobody cares what coaches were doing in 1995. This is the modern day NFL, where you need balls to have success.

From the guy that thinks guys like cousins and Spielman are mediocre at best, you still take the time to defend mediocre at best coaching. You’re defending the guy that can’t string together a halfway decent defense anymore but can’t stand the guy that’s currently done everything you said he couldn’t do and is currently one of the highest, if not the highest, graded QB in the nfl.

If that’s not as# backwards, idk what is
I ripped Zimmer for the defense in this very thread. If the coach is failing and there are valid criticisms, I will rip him for them because I am fan of the team, not the coach.

This criticism is not valid though. It is just hindsight BS that fans do based on the result, not the actual logic behind the decision. You would have ripped him for running it or passing it or whatever he did in that spot if it didn't go the way of the Vikings, and that is a fact.
The only drastic risk of a run is a fumble, which I trust Dalvin not fumbling more than I do Joseph making an under pressure kick. Ask any Viking fan and they will tell you the same. So why bother wasting all of that time when you could at LEAST run a couple times and gain some more yardage?

Bottom line is, it took one week for your stat to get trumped. And I can bet money that will happen again this year. I'm not sure what the range was you put in, but we all know you do what's best to help your argument. Either way, your argument is no longer relevant.
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 429

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by StumpHunter » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:56 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:40 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 pm


I ripped Zimmer for the defense in this very thread. If the coach is failing and there are valid criticisms, I will rip him for them because I am fan of the team, not the coach.

This criticism is not valid though. It is just hindsight BS that fans do based on the result, not the actual logic behind the decision. You would have ripped him for running it or passing it or whatever he did in that spot if it didn't go the way of the Vikings, and that is a fact.
The only drastic risk of a run is a fumble, which I trust Dalvin not fumbling more than I do Joseph making an under pressure kick. Ask any Viking fan and they will tell you the same. So why bother wasting all of that time when you could at LEAST run a couple times and gain some more yardage?

Bottom line is, it took one week for your stat to get trumped. And I can bet money that will happen again this year. I'm not sure what the range was you put in, but we all know you do what's best to help your argument. Either way, your argument is no longer relevant.
Bottom line is took over 25 years for someone to finally pass in that situation and it nearly cost that team the win. Yet here you are pretending like it was a good move.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8482
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 853

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:56 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:40 am


The only drastic risk of a run is a fumble, which I trust Dalvin not fumbling more than I do Joseph making an under pressure kick. Ask any Viking fan and they will tell you the same. So why bother wasting all of that time when you could at LEAST run a couple times and gain some more yardage?

Bottom line is, it took one week for your stat to get trumped. And I can bet money that will happen again this year. I'm not sure what the range was you put in, but we all know you do what's best to help your argument. Either way, your argument is no longer relevant.
Bottom line is took over 25 years for someone to finally pass in that situation and it nearly cost that team the win. Yet here you are pretending like it was a good move.
No there's no "nearly" about it, they flat out won the game and it was a well executed drive. Period. No need to "pretend" it was a good move. It indeed was a good move and it won them the game. You're playing the former AFC Champs on the road. That's called having balls and being aggressive. That's why LA is celebrating a win while we're thumbing our as#es over losing to the cardinals. Because we have a coach that has old, wrinkly, non-functioning ones and hasnt pulled his head out of 1995.

On a side note, how's Cousins doing this year?
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

User avatar
vikeinmontana
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm
x 65

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by vikeinmontana » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:30 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm

On a side note, how's Cousins doing this year?
I think he's playing great so far! Hope he keeps it up! :whistle:
1 x
i'm ready for a beer.

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8482
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 853

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:47 pm

vikeinmontana wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:30 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm

On a side note, how's Cousins doing this year?
I think he's playing great so far! Hope he keeps it up! :whistle:
Same here!
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 429

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by StumpHunter » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:56 am


Bottom line is took over 25 years for someone to finally pass in that situation and it nearly cost that team the win. Yet here you are pretending like it was a good move.
No there's no "nearly" about it, they flat out won the game and it was a well executed drive. Period. No need to "pretend" it was a good move. It indeed was a good move and it won them the game. You're playing the former AFC Champs on the road. That's called having balls and being aggressive. That's why LA is celebrating a win while we're thumbing our as#es over losing to the cardinals. Because we have a coach that has old, wrinkly, non-functioning ones and hasnt pulled his head out of 1995.

Thank you for proving my point. It did not matter what Zimmer did, if it didn't result in us winning the game you would have said it was a bad move. Run, pass or kick it didn't matter.
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm
On a side note, how's Cousins doing this year?
He is 1-2.
0 x

User avatar
vikeinmontana
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm
x 65

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by vikeinmontana » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:47 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm


No there's no "nearly" about it, they flat out won the game and it was a well executed drive. Period. No need to "pretend" it was a good move. It indeed was a good move and it won them the game. You're playing the former AFC Champs on the road. That's called having balls and being aggressive. That's why LA is celebrating a win while we're thumbing our as#es over losing to the cardinals. Because we have a coach that has old, wrinkly, non-functioning ones and hasnt pulled his head out of 1995.

Thank you for proving my point. It did not matter what Zimmer did, if it didn't result in us winning the game you would have said it was a bad move. Run, pass or kick it didn't matter.
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm
On a side note, how's Cousins doing this year?
He is 1-2.
So is Zimmer. So he obviously really sucks. :wink:
0 x
i'm ready for a beer.

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8482
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 853

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:09 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm
It did not matter what Zimmer did, if it didn't result in us winning the game you would have said it was a bad move. Run, pass or kick it didn't matter.
Wrong.
He is 1-2.
Hahahaha classic hater response 😂 can’t even admit when a QB is playing at an MVP level. No less admit that it was his RB/refs and kicker that tarnished that record. I’m sure if Jordan Love was in this current situation you’d be singing his praises. He’d finally be taking over for Keenum by this point according to you :gone:
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8482
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 853

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:12 pm

vikeinmontana wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:47 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Thank you for proving my point. It did not matter what Zimmer did, if it didn't result in us winning the game you would have said it was a bad move. Run, pass or kick it didn't matter.

He is 1-2.
So is Zimmer. So he obviously really sucks. :wink:
Hahahaha facts! And it was zimmers decision making that cost them one of those games. But let’s keep defending Mediocre Mike.

Actually I’m trying to remember, did cousins decision making in either of those games cost us?!! Hmmmm. Oh no, he was actually the guy that put us in position to win, others found a way to blow it. Weird
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 429

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by StumpHunter » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:57 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:09 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm
It did not matter what Zimmer did, if it didn't result in us winning the game you would have said it was a bad move. Run, pass or kick it didn't matter.
Wrong.
He is 1-2.
Hahahaha classic hater response 😂 can’t even admit when a QB is playing at an MVP level. No less admit that it was his RB/refs and kicker that tarnished that record. I’m sure if Jordan Love was in this current situation you’d be singing his praises. He’d finally be taking over for Keenum by this point according to you :gone:
I hear Keenum is a better option than Brady, so no need for Love, right?

When Kirk starts playing at an MVP level I will admit it. There was a thread on here from 2018 talking about the MVP season Kirk was having. How did that hold up?
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8482
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 853

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:57 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:57 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:09 pm


Wrong.



Hahahaha classic hater response 😂 can’t even admit when a QB is playing at an MVP level. No less admit that it was his RB/refs and kicker that tarnished that record. I’m sure if Jordan Love was in this current situation you’d be singing his praises. He’d finally be taking over for Keenum by this point according to you :gone:
I hear Keenum is a better option than Brady, so no need for Love, right?

When Kirk starts playing at an MVP level I will admit it. There was a thread on here from 2018 talking about the MVP season Kirk was having. How did that hold up?
Yeah the same Brady that I thought would be well retired by now. \

Anyways....

Did you really just say "when Kirk STARTS playing at an MVP level, I will admit it"? Uh dude, he is. So admit away....
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri