Vikings cuts:

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings cuts:

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Everson Griffith (If Everson clears waivers tomorrow, he will be back)
AJ Rose
Jake Browning
Dakota Dozier
Chad Beebe
Dru Samia
Nate Staley
Luther Kirk
Tye Smith
Tuf Borland
Zach Bailey
Myron Mitchell
Hercules Mata'afa (Vikings wants to put him on the practice squad)

Rose, Mitchell, and Bailey are candidates for the practice squad
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings cuts:

Post by soflavike »

Ameer Abdullah is a shocker... special teams guy, versatile, decent RB and receiver. Who's gonna field punts? I still have PTSD from Osborne as a punt returner.

I'm a little worried that A.J. Rose won't clear waivers and we'll lose him. He showed some talent in preseason.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

soflavike wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:04 pm Ameer Abdullah is a shocker... special teams guy, versatile, decent RB and receiver. Who's gonna field punts? I still have PTSD from Osborne as a punt returner.

I'm a little worried that A.J. Rose won't clear waivers and we'll lose him. He showed some talent in preseason.
Abdullah will be back and so will Griffen.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:17 pm
soflavike wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:04 pm Ameer Abdullah is a shocker... special teams guy, versatile, decent RB and receiver. Who's gonna field punts? I still have PTSD from Osborne as a punt returner.

Considering Griffen's extremely team friendly contract what convinces you that nobody will claim him?
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

If Rose is put on the practice squad then see you Abdullah
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:28 pm

Considering Griffen's extremely team friendly contract what convinces you that nobody will claim him?
My hope lies in the fact that nobody had signed Griff prior to the Vikings signing him last week.

I honestly don’t understand the Abdullah release. Nwangwu is going to start the season on IR, which leaves the Vikings with only Cook, Mattison and Ham at RB. Hoping they bring Abdullah back.

Also, did I see that DePaola was released? If so, who long snaps?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:41 pm
My hope lies in the fact that nobody had signed Griff prior to the Vikings signing him last week.

I honestly don’t understand the Abdullah release. Nwangwu is going to start the season on IR, which leaves the Vikings with only Cook, Mattison and Ham at RB. Hoping they bring Abdullah back.

DePaola is still on the team
TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

Post by TheCoolerOne »

Griffen and Abdullah aren’t subject to waivers, having been in the league for 4+ years. They were released and immediately became FAs. If it’s true that they plan to re-sign Griffen, as long as it remains true that he wants to be there, nothin’ to it. Same for Abdullah.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Samia and Dozier are gone.... :pour:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:48 pm Samia and Dozier are gone.... :pour:
As a Sooners fan, I will miss Samia but it is understandable that he is released since he was terrible but I hope he will be picked up by another team
Passepartout
Backup

Post by Passepartout »

Hope he can be picked up by a team. As really hope he can have a chance to thrive. :D
Ready for Halloween
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:48 pm Samia and Dozier are gone.... :pour:
You forgot Chad Beebe
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Agreed. I think DePaola could be another one they take back. I’m confident with Griff simply because not only do we need him but Griff doesn’t wanna be anywhere else but here. He knows that whatever gas he has left in the tank, Zim will maximize that. I think it’s more that Zim and Spielman aren’t worried at all that he will go anywhere and probably had a talk with him and in turn they are going to use him as a chess piece
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

There will be better RBs released than Abdulah, including one the Viking's released in Rose. They know no other team will pick him up so he is safe, but even if someone did they could easily grab someone off the scrap heap and they would be just as good or better.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:22 pm

Agreed. I think DePaola could be another one they take back. I’m confident with Griff simply because not only do we need him but Griff doesn’t wanna be anywhere else but here. He knows that whatever gas he has left in the tank, Zim will maximize that. I think it’s more that Zim and Spielman aren’t worried at all that he will go anywhere and probably had a talk with him and in turn they are going to use him as a chess piece
It’s weird because if any players on a team would seem safe at final cutdown, you’d think it would be the kicker, punter and long snapper. It concerns me because there’s a chemistry and timing between the three that is needed on FGs and XPs. If the Vikings bring in a different long snapper, as some in the media are speculating, and Greg Joseph suddenly starts missing kicks, it would mean that Mike Zimmer will has once again screwed up the kicking game.

Strange as it sounds, I’m really hoping they bring DePaola back.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.