Preseason game #2 Colts at Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Preseason game #2 Colts at Vikings

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Preseason game #2 Colts at Vikings

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Thielen was being groped before the ball got there on that "incompletion".
I'm watching on Sportsurge and getting great picture quality.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

That was really nice running by Dye for the pick 6. Go Vikings.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

The o needs to get their stuff together.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:42 pm The o needs to get their stuff together.
I think the focus is on not getting the QB hit and that limits an offense.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:48 pm
Thaumaturgist wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:42 pm The o needs to get their stuff together.
That may be true, but the teams we're playing seem to be able to move the ball. 🤮
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

AJ Rose probably won't make the team, but so far I really like the kid.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:53 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:48 pm

That may be true, but the teams we're playing seem to be able to move the ball. 🤮
The teams we have played have a QB competition for starter.

Also, the Colts only scored 12 so they weren't exactly lighting us up like the Broncos last week.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

This may be the Captain Obvious statement of the preseason, but the offense concerns me.

Kirk Cousins has had a lackluster camp, and that showed yesterday.

Justin Jefferson has missed a lot of time. He’ll be fine, I’m sure, but he’s missing valuable reps.

Darrisaw has barely practiced.

Cook hasn’t played, and likely won’t until the season opener.

Thielen limped off the field last night.

Conklin hasn’t played.

We have no legitimate backup QB.

We have an untested rookie playcaller.

I know it’s the preseason. But I also don’t believe the team can just flip a switch and suddenly become explosive. Hoping things improve pretty soon on the offensive side of the ball. Kind of on pins and needles right now.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

It is preseason, I am not worried until regular season
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Another unwatchable game. Spent all that money on a new stadium, new practice facilities, new everything. Same old team.

For all the people on this board claiming this is a championship roster. Please don't let up now, if you truly believe this is finally the year, hold this team's feet to the fire. Don't make excuses for them. Either this year's team is different or it's not.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StpViking wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:08 am Another unwatchable game. Spent all that money on a new stadium, new practice facilities, new everything. Same old team.

For all the people on this board claiming this is a championship roster. Please don't let up now, if you truly believe this is finally the year, hold this team's feet to the fire. Don't make excuses for them. Either this year's team is different or it's not.
The team is different every year. We only have one starter returning from last years secondary. We have new starters on the DL. Nobody gives a rat's #### about pre season. and it don't get more boring. Why do you think they cut it back. People only attend the games for something to do. It's a beer drinking event. Season's are not won in pre season. Just like players aren't made in pre season. That stuff is taken care of long before these worthless games roll out. Camp sets the depth chart. The teams feet are already in the fire. We need 14 wins for the division title. That's a hot fire.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

StpViking wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:08 am Another unwatchable game. Spent all that money on a new stadium, new practice facilities, new everything. Same old team.

The offense is really puzzling. The starters looked just as off as the backups were the week before. Cousins said the timing was off, which may be true I suppose, but they just looked lackluster.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:11 pm

The offense is really puzzling. The starters looked just as off as the backups were the week before. Cousins said the timing was off, which may be true I suppose, but they just looked lackluster.
Cousins also said:

"I feel really good. I felt really clean tonight as far as just seeing coverage and getting through my reads. I felt like we moved quickly. I felt like it was a really smooth operation, and that was encouraging. I thought overall it was really smooth."

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

808vikingsfan wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:57 pm
VikingLord wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:11 pm

Cousins also said:

"I feel really good. I felt really clean tonight as far as just seeing coverage and getting through my reads. I felt like we moved quickly. I felt like it was a really smooth operation, and that was encouraging. I thought overall it was really smooth."

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
That makes it even more puzzling because Cousins appears to be seeing something nobody else is seeing and the results certainly don't support.