J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 am
StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:36 pm

Can you tell me who the dead weight was specifically? Who I overpaid? How wanting to draft a QB a pick before a very competent GM traded up to pick him was reaching for a QB?
Yes I can actually. I went back and looked at the post

So a couple things.....

1.) You didnt have us trading Cousins in this "plan". You had us holding Keenum and then drafting Love.
You are either a liar or you didn't bother reading what I wrote. Either way you credibility goes right out the window with your first point:
So here is my offseason plan based on a hypothetical Cousins for 7th rounder trade
The 7th was a bit tongue in cheek, since it probably would have taken our 3rd rounder to dump his contract on some sorry team.

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 am 2.) Just because a "very competent GM" traded up for Jordan Love, doesnt mean it was a good move by any means. Howie Roseman was once looked at as a competent GM however, he done nothing but bury his team in cap hell and botch draft picks ever since their SB run.
How many SB runs with Rick again? How many teams have you GM'd to a SB that you think your opinion is better than his about Love?

You really need to stop going on about how Love has so little potential. The last time you did this after a QB's rookie season they went on to win the MVP. Please, for the sake of Vikings fans everywhere, stop ripping Love before it is too late and the Packers have 15 more seasons of great QB play.
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 am 3.) Here is my exact response to your "plan" back when you posted it......

.....I literally dont have a clue how you even thought this was remotely close to being realistic or even affordable.

Here is every free agents you signed cap hit this year and next:

Suh- $8 million in 2020, free agent in 2021 (which obviously never really filled a hole)
Ryan- $8 million in 2020, $7 million in 2021
Glasgow- $6 million in 2020, $12 million in 2021
Conklin- $8 million in 2020, $13 million in 2021

Those 4 free agents alone counted for $30 million in 2020 and $32 million in 2021 with a hole left at 3 tech DT.

THEN you add on the following:

-Keenum's contract which would've been roughly in the $12 million per year range.
-Diggs' massive contract
-Griffen's contract
-Mack's contract
-Klein's contract
-Harris' new contract

....lol like I dont even know what even say to you other than I hope you're joking because you are so far beyond the cap right now it's not even a question. I feel like you're approach here just blew up in your face because you didnt realize how much you just added to this roster in place of Cousins.

The difference in cap hit between Cousins contract (right now and in previous years) compared to Keenums (what he got from Denver), is roughly $12 million. We could've landed 1 of those 4 free agents if we were lucky but most of that $12 million is eliminated because of who you decided to retain.

So to sum it all up, this mock offseason you tried to list was so far from reality it's not even funny. It's literally not even close to being possible. But even IF it was, going into 2021 we'd have holes at DT (Suh was a 1 year deal), CB because Hughes/Hill are not good and Mack would've probably been a 1 year deal (even though there is no way he would've resigned anyways) and Logan Ryan would be 30, guard (because you wouldnt be keeping Kline around) and our QB situation would be a GIGANTIC question mark for (in your situation) 4 years running now....and we'd still have no answers currently. And like I said, that's all IF this was even possible which it 100% wouldnt have been.

So basically I think all you did was prove to everyone exactly why you arent paid to evaluate talent and put a team together.....

Soooo yeah.... that should answer all your questions.
No, just adds more questions.

#1 How is improving at LT, RT, LG, WR, CB X 2, DT and at RDE not making this team better in 2020? You are making your team significantly better on the Oline, Dline, and in the Secondary. Weren't those the biggest weaknesses on this team last year? Seems like I not only nailed the significant needs, but I also found guys who all either played great, or were significantly better than who we trotted out onto the field instead.

#2 How is Digg's contract massive when he is making half of what the top WR in the NFL is making per year? The guy is making really good #2 WR money and significantly less than Adam Thielen. :lol:

Basically what you did here was say the plan was bad because we would have had to spend a lot of money to make the team better instead of just on one player, Cousins, who really doesn't improve us in a significant way.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 am

Yes I can actually. I went back and looked at the post

So a couple things.....

1.) You didnt have us trading Cousins in this "plan". You had us holding Keenum and then drafting Love.
You are either a liar or you didn't bother reading what I wrote. Either way you credibility goes right out the window with your first point:
So here is my offseason plan based on a hypothetical Cousins for 7th rounder trade
The 7th was a bit tongue in cheek, since it probably would have taken our 3rd rounder to dump his contract on some sorry team.

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 am 2.) Just because a "very competent GM" traded up for Jordan Love, doesnt mean it was a good move by any means. Howie Roseman was once looked at as a competent GM however, he done nothing but bury his team in cap hell and botch draft picks ever since their SB run.
How many SB runs with Rick again? How many teams have you GM'd to a SB that you think your opinion is better than his about Love?

You really need to stop going on about how Love has so little potential. The last time you did this after a QB's rookie season they went on to win the MVP. Please, for the sake of Vikings fans everywhere, stop ripping Love before it is too late and the Packers have 15 more seasons of great QB play.
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 am 3.) Here is my exact response to your "plan" back when you posted it......

.....I literally dont have a clue how you even thought this was remotely close to being realistic or even affordable.

Here is every free agents you signed cap hit this year and next:

Suh- $8 million in 2020, free agent in 2021 (which obviously never really filled a hole)
Ryan- $8 million in 2020, $7 million in 2021
Glasgow- $6 million in 2020, $12 million in 2021
Conklin- $8 million in 2020, $13 million in 2021

Those 4 free agents alone counted for $30 million in 2020 and $32 million in 2021 with a hole left at 3 tech DT.

THEN you add on the following:

-Keenum's contract which would've been roughly in the $12 million per year range.
-Diggs' massive contract
-Griffen's contract
-Mack's contract
-Klein's contract
-Harris' new contract

....lol like I dont even know what even say to you other than I hope you're joking because you are so far beyond the cap right now it's not even a question. I feel like you're approach here just blew up in your face because you didnt realize how much you just added to this roster in place of Cousins.

The difference in cap hit between Cousins contract (right now and in previous years) compared to Keenums (what he got from Denver), is roughly $12 million. We could've landed 1 of those 4 free agents if we were lucky but most of that $12 million is eliminated because of who you decided to retain.

So to sum it all up, this mock offseason you tried to list was so far from reality it's not even funny. It's literally not even close to being possible. But even IF it was, going into 2021 we'd have holes at DT (Suh was a 1 year deal), CB because Hughes/Hill are not good and Mack would've probably been a 1 year deal (even though there is no way he would've resigned anyways) and Logan Ryan would be 30, guard (because you wouldnt be keeping Kline around) and our QB situation would be a GIGANTIC question mark for (in your situation) 4 years running now....and we'd still have no answers currently. And like I said, that's all IF this was even possible which it 100% wouldnt have been.

So basically I think all you did was prove to everyone exactly why you arent paid to evaluate talent and put a team together.....

Soooo yeah.... that should answer all your questions.

#1 How is improving at LT, RT, LG, WR, CB X 2, DT and at RDE not making this team better in 2020? You are making your team significantly better on the Oline, Dline, and in the Secondary. Weren't those the biggest weaknesses on this team last year? Seems like I not only nailed the significant needs, but I also found guys who all either played great, or were significantly better than who we trotted out onto the field instead.

#2 How is Digg's contract massive when he is making half of what the top WR in the NFL is making per year? The guy is making really good #2 WR money and significantly less than Adam Thielen. :lol:

Basically what you did here was say the plan was bad because we would have had to spend a lot of money to make the team better instead of just on one player, Cousins, who really doesn't improve us in a significant way.
Love seems to me based on his numbers to be a total reach at QB while our man Mond seems to be a good value. Love playing in the mountain west threw for 20 TDs and 17 INTs? Yikes. Mond playing in the SEC led his team to 9-1 throwing 19 TDs to 3 INTs. I've pointed out weaknesses I've seen in Mond's game, but I sure can't argue against his results. Love in the first or Mond in the third? There should be no debate on the better value.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:03 pm
Love seems to me based on his numbers to be a total reach at QB while our man Mond seems to be a good value. Love playing in the mountain west threw for 20 TDs and 17 INTs? Yikes. Mond playing in the SEC led his team to 9-1 throwing 19 TDs to 3 INTs. I've pointed out weaknesses I've seen in Mond's game, but I sure can't argue against his results. Love in the first or Mond in the third? There should be no debate on the better value.
Since neither has started a game in the NFL, you are correct that there should be no debate.

The value will depend on how both turn out. If both are equally as good or Mond ends up a better QB, his value was obviously better in the 3rd. If Love ends up being a solid starter and Mond is never anything more than a backup, then Love was the better value.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:47 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:03 pm
Since neither has started a game in the NFL, you are correct that there should be no debate.

The value will depend on how both turn out. If both are equally as good or Mond ends up a better QB, his value was obviously better in the 3rd. If Love ends up being a solid starter and Mond is never anything more than a backup, then Love was the better value.
You are correct to a point. However, to make a judgment at this time I would favor the selection of Mond in the 3rd over Love in the 1st.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:20 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:47 pm

You are correct to a point. However, to make a judgment at this time I would favor the selection of Mond in the 3rd over Love in the 1st.
I am just correct. If Love is the better QB of the two no one will be talking about the value of Mond in the 3rd compared to the 1st spent on Love. The only way that happens is if Mond is as objectively as good or better or both are just bad.

Right now comparing value is just conjecture and opinions based mostly on whether our team drafted the QB or another one did.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:23 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:44 pm

Ok but again, why was Love "expected" to go where he did? The guy threw 20 TDs and 17 INTs his final year....in the Mountain West no less. That's pretty poor if you ask me and I know if the Vikings drafted him, in round 1 no less, I'd be less than impressed. IMO, his potential and ceiling is no different than Kellen Mond. I would probably even say Mond has a higher ceiling.

Check this....

Among the 33 quarterbacks taken within the first three rounds of the draft since 2015, as well as the top prospects from this year’s class (Burrow, Tua, Herbert, etc.) , Love’s PFF overall grade in his final collegiate season ranks better than only the following: Jacoby Brissett, Christian Hackenberg, C.J. Beathard, Davis Webb, DeShone Kizer, Josh Allen and Daniel Jones.

More at the link: https://www.pff.com/news/college-buyer- ... ordan-love

He was a flat out reach by GB. The guy had no right going in round 1.
In fairness, he was a JR and Mond is a Senior.
Regardless. I mean I guess being a junior gives you a slight advantage. But not a 40 pick advantage. No less at the QB position. Everyone wants a franchise QB, whether they are 21 or 22, it's not going to matter enough to say so. If you can play, you can play.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:04 am
YikesVikes wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:23 pm

In fairness, he was a JR and Mond is a Senior.
Regardless. I mean I guess being a junior gives you a slight advantage. But not a 40 pick advantage. No less at the QB position. Everyone wants a franchise QB, whether they are 21 or 22, it's not going to matter enough to say so. If you can play, you can play.
I was just watching the Kellen Mond "Film Room" video hosted by Pete Bersich on Vikings.com. And while anything on the Vikings website is going to smack a bit of homerism, I found the segment to be interesting.

Mond has some things to work on, no doubt, and Bersich points out some of those things. Many of them are techniques related to scheme — they ran a lot of RPOs at Texas A&M, so his footwork is conditioned for that and not a pro-style offense. Also, there are times he needs to throw with a little better anticipation. But there's a lot to like here. He's got a strong arm and can make all the throws. Contrary to some reports, he can throw with touch. He hangs in the pocket and is willing to throw at the last possible second while taking a shot, but he's also got the ability to avoid the rush and extend plays. He's really good between the hashmarks. He also (at least in these clips) doesn't stare down his receivers.

But two things really stood out to me.

1. He was throwing to mediocre talent on the outside.
His tight end was good, but his WRs were not. There was one throw in particular, a back-shoulder throw to the pylon, that was a beauty. His receiver failed to adjust, and the ball fell incomplete. Bersich remarked that if it were Justin Jefferson or Adam Thielen on the other end, it easily would have been a touchdown. So Mond compiled the stats and the ratings he did, even though he had subpar talent around him.

2. Mond did what he did in the SEC.
Many of the highlight plays in the Film Room segment were against Alabama, which is pretty much a minor league NFL team. Mond played against stellar competition for four years. Meanwhile Love played in the Mountain West against teams that Bama's walk-ons probably would have beaten, and a guy like Trey Lance played FCS football.

Obviously we have no idea what kind of QB Kellen Mond is going to be in the NFL. And while his position in the Vikings' draft order probably surprised most of us, I don't think the position he was picked overall was unwarranted. Let's see how he progresses the next couple of years.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IMO the Packers picked Love based on this.
His best quality, however, is his ability to look a lot like Patrick Mahomes did when he was in college. Which is to say, a quarterback with shaky mechanics but a vertical pass that looks elite.
See everyone wants the next Mahomes. That egg has already been fried. Teams better remember if you do get the next Mahomes
make sure you have a great OL or the picture won't look pretty.
I hope Love is a bum and I also hope his selection pushes Rodgers out the door. That would be best case for us. So that won't happen. Rodgers is making it ugly for the Packers. We'll see if they have any balls and get a bunch of 1st round picks and move onto the guy they drafted. The Lions trade sets the baseline. For Rodgers I see 3 1st, 3 2nds and pick of a couple players from the teams roster. It could be more. I wonder what slick Rick would do here. He trade Rodgers for a 1st, a 2nd and 12 6th and 7th rounders 6 each and then pat himself on the back and say we got 12 premium picks. Out of those 12 one will make the roster and be the LS on special teams.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:52 am IMO the Packers picked Love based on this.
His best quality, however, is his ability to look a lot like Patrick Mahomes did when he was in college. Which is to say, a quarterback with shaky mechanics but a vertical pass that looks elite.
See everyone wants the next Mahomes. That egg has already been fried. Teams better remember if you do get the next Mahomes
make sure you have a great OL or the picture won't look pretty.
I hope Love is a bum and I also hope his selection pushes Rodgers out the door. That would be best case for us. So that won't happen. Rodgers is making it ugly for the Packers. We'll see if they have any balls and get a bunch of 1st round picks and move onto the guy they drafted. The Lions trade sets the baseline. For Rodgers I see 3 1st, 3 2nds and pick of a couple players from the teams roster. It could be more. I wonder what slick Rick would do here. He trade Rodgers for a 1st, a 2nd and 12 6th and 7th rounders 6 each and then pat himself on the back and say we got 12 premium picks. Out of those 12 one will make the roster and be the LS on special teams.
What a load of crap.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 pm
Well I can tell you that the last thing I need to do to prove my point is lie. Not really sure where you're getting your quote from but your exact words when you listed off your plan was this:
Here is the team the Vikings could have had without Cousins' contract eating up 84 million over the past 3 seasons with 0 hindsight from some guy who doesn't make millions to build a team:
You saying "without his contract eating up $84 million the past 3 seasons" implies one thing and one thing only.... that this was your plan if the Vikings didnt sign Cousins at all in 2018. You werent referring to just one year. You referred to the length and total amount of his contract. You basically said.... "if Cousins didnt exist, this is what we'd have".

Well Gutekunst and LaFluer havent led GB to any SBs so.....

Hell, Aaron Rodgers supposedly called Gutekunst the "Jerry Krause" of the NFL (the GM of the Bulls who quickly built them and then quickly destroyed them if you didnt know). But you're going to sit here and defend Gutekunst for picking Love? I mean yeah, not only did I say the Love pick was a bad pick and a reach but Aaron Rodgers also thinks Gutekunst blows..... and Aaron Rodgers actually has won a SB. So if you dont want to buy into my opinion, buy into Rodgers' :wink:
:lol: :lol: You are really hanging your hat on that one MVP season. I love how it makes you feel like you're this big time expert on evaluating QB talent. It's like you're screaming "Hey, even though I thought the Vikings should've kept Keenum for 3+ years and drafted Jordan Love, I still said Lamar Jackson was going to be good from day 1!!!"

YES everyone, I DID say Lamar Jackson wasnt going to be a legit NFL QB from day 1. YES everyone, he did win MVP 2 years ago. But guess what everyone.....

That MVP season led to a one-and-done, embarrassing postseason. Which then led to taking a step back last year. Which then led to once again, another embarrassing postseason. I've said it before and will say it again, Lamar Jackson will NEVER touch a SB. Not only will he not win one, he will never appear in one (unless it's as a backup). Ever since his one-and-done MVP season, his career has trended backwards. Not forwards like a Pat Mahomes.

So you can eat up your proud MVP season argument all you want. It never led them to a SB. Literally not even close. And it never will.

Yeah you took a stab at trying to improve the team. The main problem I called out was the significant cap that was used which would make it unrealistic like I said. I criticized the Keenum/Love combo because we'd be now going into year 4 not even knowing if we have a true franchise QB in Love. And we wouldnt even know if he'd be seeing the field this year. He'd have to make a big leap to even see the field.

I also dont know how you think you improved WR when we currently have Thielen and JJ
And I also went on to say Ryan and Suh dont really improve the team, especially long term. Ryan just overall isnt what he's made out to be and Suh is solid but on a 1 year deal and not nearly as dominant as he once was.
Dude huh? Stefon Diggs counts for $14.2 million against the cap this year in Buffalo. Thielen is counting for $5.9 million against our cap. Usually he was around $12-$16 million. And you're laughing at me? No you're just missing the point.

Thielen + Diggs this year would count for $20.1 million total against our cap.
Thielen + JJ this year counts for $8.8 million total against our cap.

So there's a difference of $11.3 million against our cap with Diggs on the roster. Add that in with all the other FA's you signed and you literally arent close to being under the cap. And to add onto that, Hunter and O'Neill need to still get paid. Just not possible.

And the even bigger point you're missing with Diggs....

I have no idea how you think he'd still want to be here with what you put at QB. Cousins or Keenum, Flip still would've been hired in 2018. Now pair Flip's pass happy/ignore the run offense with Case Keenum. What does that spell? DISASTER. Anyone with a brain knows Cousins is a far superior passer than Keenum. Case would've been a turnover machine.

On top of that, Zim would've still fired Flip and turned to wanting a run heavy scheme after the disaster he just saw with Flip at OC. In turn, Diggs still ends up being the 3rd wheel behind Cook and Thielen and would hate the offense just like he expressed in his interview. And just imagine if it was Case and not Cousins throwing him the ball. Diggs would've had an even bigger fit than he did.

Having Case Keenum here instead of Kirk would've changed nothing in terms of Diggs wanting to be here or not. The same OCs would've came through, the same schemes would've been in place and Diggs would've been screaming trade me.

But hey, you still think he'd be here in your plan, but unfortunately that would make your plan THAT much more unrealistic.
No I'm saying your plan is bad for multiple reasons:

1.) You would've been a mile over the cap. Maybe even 2 miles over. You'd have Keenums contract, Diggs contract, Griffen, Mack, Klein, Harris, Conklin, Glasgow, Suh and Ryan. Like what? You might hate Cousins contract but if he wasnt here it wouldnt allow us to sign half the league to a contract.
2.) You kept Keenum from 2017-2021 (and counting) and reached on Jordan Love in round 1.
3.) If your plan happened, we'd be sitting here this second, STILL not having a clue if our 2020 round 1 investment is even worth a damn after multiple years of watching Case Keenum play...and burn
4.) You'd still have a selfish, attention seeking, cry baby WR on this roster instead of JJ. There is 0 chance he would still be here if our QBs were who you listed
5.) The only one I'd really say is any sort of improvement is Conklin. Glasgow is meh, Ryan is below average and Suh is a rental.
6.) If you're going to fix the OL, I'd much rather be in the position we're in this second with having all 5 projected starting offensive lineman players that we invested early draft picks in (Darrisaw, Cleveland, Bradbury, Davis, O'Neill). Compared to an offensive line with 3 free agent signings starting. With only one being legit (Conklin) and the other two already hitting their ceiling.
7.) How unrealistic it is to sign all those free agents, be under the cap and still have success
8.) How you think this drastically improved the team when it really didnt. It's like you tried too hard to use Cousins cap dollars to justify your point and it ended up blowing up in your face
9.) The fact that you think a bunch of guys liked your plan when I literally dont recall a soul that applauded it.
10.) Did I mention Jordan Love?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:24 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:04 am

I was just watching the Kellen Mond "Film Room" video hosted by Pete Bersich on Vikings.com. And while anything on the Vikings website is going to smack a bit of homerism, I found the segment to be interesting.

Mond has some things to work on, no doubt, and Bersich points out some of those things. Many of them are techniques related to scheme — they ran a lot of RPOs at Texas A&M, so his footwork is conditioned for that and not a pro-style offense. Also, there are times he needs to throw with a little better anticipation. But there's a lot to like here. He's got a strong arm and can make all the throws. Contrary to some reports, he can throw with touch. He hangs in the pocket and is willing to throw at the last possible second while taking a shot, but he's also got the ability to avoid the rush and extend plays. He's really good between the hashmarks. He also (at least in these clips) doesn't stare down his receivers.

His tight end was good, but his WRs were not. There was one throw in particular, a back-shoulder throw to the pylon, that was a beauty. His receiver failed to adjust, and the ball fell incomplete. Bersich remarked that if it were Justin Jefferson or Adam Thielen on the other end, it easily would have been a touchdown. So Mond compiled the stats and the ratings he did, even though he had subpar talent around him.

Many of the highlight plays in the Film Room segment were against Alabama, which is pretty much a minor league NFL team. Mond played against stellar competition for four years. Meanwhile Love played in the Mountain West against teams that Bama's walk-ons probably would have beaten, and a guy like Trey Lance played FCS football.

Obviously we have no idea what kind of QB Kellen Mond is going to be in the NFL. And while his position in the Vikings' draft order probably surprised most of us, I don't think the position he was picked overall was unwarranted. Let's see how he progresses the next couple of years.
^This above. And not just because I'm a die hard Vikings fan and Jordan Love plays for the packers, but I honestly dont understand what was seen with him. Jalen Hurts is another one. He's a guy I would've taken way before I'd consider Love. He just doesnt impress me one bit. And the fact that his final year in college his PFF grade was so bad that they practically made fun of it in that article points even more to what I'm saying. He was a MASSIVE reach by GB. Simple as that
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:36 am
:lol: :lol: You are really hanging your hat on that one MVP season. I love how it makes you feel like you're this big time expert on evaluating QB talent. It's like you're screaming "Hey, even though I thought the Vikings should've kept Keenum for 3+ years and drafted Jordan Love, I still said Lamar Jackson was going to be good from day 1!!!"
Just that 1 MVP season out of his 3 in the NFL. It also wasn't just Jackson, you followed it up with claiming Josh Allen had no potential last year.
StumpHunter wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:35 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Stump, I get you wanna put your twist on things and continue to say everything is cousins fault but don’t sit there and act like you know enough about josh Allen to say so. I live in NY and they are on live TV all the time. I’m surrounded by bills mafia fans. Josh Allen is not a good QB. At his best he’s mediocre. He arguably has the worst accuracy of any QB in the nfl. On deep balls last year, he was 15 of 59 which was dead last in the nfl. But you think diggs “hates cousins” but will somehow like josh Allen? The hate you have for cousins is simply starting to completely blind you at this point
I remember you making almost this exact same argument about Jackson last year. Looks like you just ensured Allen is on his way to be the MVP.
:point:
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:36 am It's like you're screaming "Hey, even though I thought the Vikings should've kept Keenum for 3+ years and drafted Jordan Love, I still said Lamar Jackson was going to be good from day 1!!!"
It is like you saying Case Keenum was a better option than Tom Brady in 2017 and then saying he sucks and was never a real option as soon as he leaves the team. I never liked Case as the QBOTF like some, watched him play in 2017 and KNEW he wasn't a long term answer, but that doesn't change the fact that spending a little on a bridge QB and drafting the QBOTF was the better option. As proven by the past 3 seasons.

I won't quote the wall of text you wrote to spare everyone else, but the money works out, the team with those players is better then the one we trotted out on the field in 2020, Defillipo was hired to work with Cousins and wouldn't have been hired if we had stuck with Case, the best WR in football in 2020 and Thielen are only marginally better than JJ and Thielen, but still better, and the team would be better going into this coming season. Especially since it is pretty much a lock now that Jordan Love is going to be great. First Jackson, then Allen and now Love.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:43 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:24 am

^This above. And not just because I'm a die hard Vikings fan and Jordan Love plays for the packers, but I honestly dont understand what was seen with him. Jalen Hurts is another one. He's a guy I would've taken way before I'd consider Love. He just doesnt impress me one bit. And the fact that his final year in college his PFF grade was so bad that they practically made fun of it in that article points even more to what I'm saying. He was a MASSIVE reach by GB. Simple as that
The Mond-Love debate is completely theoretical at this point as neither has played a meaningful down as a pro. Statistics-wise I think Mond compares pretty well to the QBs taken in the 1st round of this year's draft, so I'm happy things worked out for the Vikings the way they did and they were able to get him in the 3rd without having to move up.

It will probably be a while before either one plays a meaningful down as a pro. I doubt the Packers ship Rodgers anywhere and Cousins is set as the Vikings starter for this season for sure and most likely next season as well.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingLord wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:25 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:43 am

The Mond-Love debate is completely theoretical at this point as neither has played a meaningful down as a pro. Statistics-wise I think Mond compares pretty well to the QBs taken in the 1st round of this year's draft, so I'm happy things worked out for the Vikings the way they did and they were able to get him in the 3rd without having to move up.

It will probably be a while before either one plays a meaningful down as a pro. I doubt the Packers ship Rodgers anywhere and Cousins is set as the Vikings starter for this season for sure and most likely next season as well.
Sooner or later the Packers will need to do something with the situation they are in. Currently Rodgers value is higher than it's ever been and they have the dual threat under contract which according to the experts is the only way in today's NFL. The Saints would be a good spot for Rodgers. He's starting to act like a Who Dat dude already. That would push that Saint team up the board and make them a legit Super Bowl contender. It's better than the current frick and frack tag team which gives them basically a zero chance. Rodgers probably stays put. Slick Rick should call the Saints and ask for a meaningful deal not his version but a version that provides a crap load of 1st and 2nd round picks and the chance of getting some top performers. This could be our best long term solution. See what Mond has and let this revamp OL develop at his expense. He'll get big time pressure but get use to it or get out. Cousins would give the Saints a lift. Rick would never consider that so we are in the same boat. Chasing Rodgers with no OL and suspect D. Sooner or later a QB will get taken out with that. You need to put your team in a better spot and now is the chance.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:23 pm Especially since it is pretty much a lock now that Jordan Love is going to be great. First Jackson, then Allen and now Love.

Why is it a lock that Love is going to be great? Has he played a single snap yet?