J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

Post by StumpHunter »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:18 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:23 pm Especially since it is pretty much a lock now that Jordan Love is going to be great. First Jackson, then Allen and now Love.

Why is it a lock that Love is going to be great? Has he played a single snap yet?
Because PHP is so adamant that he has no shot is pretty much the biggest reason.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:28 pm
Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:18 am

Why is it a lock that Love is going to be great? Has he played a single snap yet?
Because PHP is so adamant that he has no shot is pretty much the biggest reason.
Oh, my bad. I missed that.
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:36 am
StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 pm
You are either a liar or you didn't bother reading what I wrote. Either way you credibility goes right out the window with your first point:
Well I can tell you that the last thing I need to do to prove my point is lie. Not really sure where you're getting your quote from but your exact words when you listed off your plan was this:
Here is the team the Vikings could have had without Cousins' contract eating up 84 million over the past 3 seasons with 0 hindsight from some guy who doesn't make millions to build a team:
You saying "without his contract eating up $84 million the past 3 seasons" implies one thing and one thing only.... that this was your plan if the Vikings didnt sign Cousins at all in 2018. You werent referring to just one year. You referred to the length and total amount of his contract. You basically said.... "if Cousins didnt exist, this is what we'd have".

How many SB runs with Rick again? How many teams have you GM'd to a SB that you think your opinion is better than his about Love?
Well Gutekunst and LaFluer havent led GB to any SBs so.....

Hell, Aaron Rodgers supposedly called Gutekunst the "Jerry Krause" of the NFL (the GM of the Bulls who quickly built them and then quickly destroyed them if you didnt know). But you're going to sit here and defend Gutekunst for picking Love? I mean yeah, not only did I say the Love pick was a bad pick and a reach but Aaron Rodgers also thinks Gutekunst blows..... and Aaron Rodgers actually has won a SB. So if you dont want to buy into my opinion, buy into Rodgers' :wink:
You really need to stop going on about how Love has so little potential. The last time you did this after a QB's rookie season they went on to win the MVP. Please, for the sake of Vikings fans everywhere, stop ripping Love before it is too late and the Packers have 15 more seasons of great QB play.
:lol: :lol: You are really hanging your hat on that one MVP season. I love how it makes you feel like you're this big time expert on evaluating QB talent. It's like you're screaming "Hey, even though I thought the Vikings should've kept Keenum for 3+ years and drafted Jordan Love, I still said Lamar Jackson was going to be good from day 1!!!"

YES everyone, I DID say Lamar Jackson wasnt going to be a legit NFL QB from day 1. YES everyone, he did win MVP 2 years ago. But guess what everyone.....

That MVP season led to a one-and-done, embarrassing postseason. Which then led to taking a step back last year. Which then led to once again, another embarrassing postseason. I've said it before and will say it again, Lamar Jackson will NEVER touch a SB. Not only will he not win one, he will never appear in one (unless it's as a backup). Ever since his one-and-done MVP season, his career has trended backwards. Not forwards like a Pat Mahomes.

So you can eat up your proud MVP season argument all you want. It never led them to a SB. Literally not even close. And it never will.

No, just adds more questions.

#1 How is improving at LT, RT, LG, WR, CB X 2, DT and at RDE not making this team better in 2020? You are making your team significantly better on the Oline, Dline, and in the Secondary. Weren't those the biggest weaknesses on this team last year? Seems like I not only nailed the significant needs, but I also found guys who all either played great, or were significantly better than who we trotted out onto the field instead.
Yeah you took a stab at trying to improve the team. The main problem I called out was the significant cap that was used which would make it unrealistic like I said. I criticized the Keenum/Love combo because we'd be now going into year 4 not even knowing if we have a true franchise QB in Love. And we wouldnt even know if he'd be seeing the field this year. He'd have to make a big leap to even see the field.

I also dont know how you think you improved WR when we currently have Thielen and JJ
And I also went on to say Ryan and Suh dont really improve the team, especially long term. Ryan just overall isnt what he's made out to be and Suh is solid but on a 1 year deal and not nearly as dominant as he once was.
#2 How is Digg's contract massive when he is making half of what the top WR in the NFL is making per year? The guy is making really good #2 WR money and significantly less than Adam Thielen. :lol:
Dude huh? Stefon Diggs counts for $14.2 million against the cap this year in Buffalo. Thielen is counting for $5.9 million against our cap. Usually he was around $12-$16 million. And you're laughing at me? No you're just missing the point.

Thielen + Diggs this year would count for $20.1 million total against our cap.
Thielen + JJ this year counts for $8.8 million total against our cap.

So there's a difference of $11.3 million against our cap with Diggs on the roster. Add that in with all the other FA's you signed and you literally arent close to being under the cap. And to add onto that, Hunter and O'Neill need to still get paid. Just not possible.

And the even bigger point you're missing with Diggs....

I have no idea how you think he'd still want to be here with what you put at QB. Cousins or Keenum, Flip still would've been hired in 2018. Now pair Flip's pass happy/ignore the run offense with Case Keenum. What does that spell? DISASTER. Anyone with a brain knows Cousins is a far superior passer than Keenum. Case would've been a turnover machine.

On top of that, Zim would've still fired Flip and turned to wanting a run heavy scheme after the disaster he just saw with Flip at OC. In turn, Diggs still ends up being the 3rd wheel behind Cook and Thielen and would hate the offense just like he expressed in his interview. And just imagine if it was Case and not Cousins throwing him the ball. Diggs would've had an even bigger fit than he did.

Having Case Keenum here instead of Kirk would've changed nothing in terms of Diggs wanting to be here or not. The same OCs would've came through, the same schemes would've been in place and Diggs would've been screaming trade me.

But hey, you still think he'd be here in your plan, but unfortunately that would make your plan THAT much more unrealistic.
Basically what you did here was say the plan was bad because we would have had to spend a lot of money to make the team better instead of just on one player, Cousins, who really doesn't improve us in a significant way.
No I'm saying your plan is bad for multiple reasons:

1.) You would've been a mile over the cap. Maybe even 2 miles over. You'd have Keenums contract, Diggs contract, Griffen, Mack, Klein, Harris, Conklin, Glasgow, Suh and Ryan. Like what? You might hate Cousins contract but if he wasnt here it wouldnt allow us to sign half the league to a contract.
2.) You kept Keenum from 2017-2021 (and counting) and reached on Jordan Love in round 1.
3.) If your plan happened, we'd be sitting here this second, STILL not having a clue if our 2020 round 1 investment is even worth a damn after multiple years of watching Case Keenum play...and burn
4.) You'd still have a selfish, attention seeking, cry baby WR on this roster instead of JJ. There is 0 chance he would still be here if our QBs were who you listed
5.) The only one I'd really say is any sort of improvement is Conklin. Glasgow is meh, Ryan is below average and Suh is a rental.
6.) If you're going to fix the OL, I'd much rather be in the position we're in this second with having all 5 projected starting offensive lineman players that we invested early draft picks in (Darrisaw, Cleveland, Bradbury, Davis, O'Neill). Compared to an offensive line with 3 free agent signings starting. With only one being legit (Conklin) and the other two already hitting their ceiling.
7.) How unrealistic it is to sign all those free agents, be under the cap and still have success
8.) How you think this drastically improved the team when it really didnt. It's like you tried too hard to use Cousins cap dollars to justify your point and it ended up blowing up in your face
9.) The fact that you think a bunch of guys liked your plan when I literally dont recall a soul that applauded it.
10.) Did I mention Jordan Love?
Great post PHP, touch em all
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:23 pm
Just that 1 MVP season out of his 3 in the NFL. It also wasn't just Jackson, you followed it up with claiming Josh Allen had no potential last year.
Where there did you see me say Josh Allen had no potential ? He was an athlete with a cannon arm but had god awful accuracy. I simply stated facts from his past two seasons. But never once did I say he didnt have potential. Say he doesnt have potential and saying he wasnt good the last two years are two different things. So please, dont twist my words to try and help your argument.

It is like you saying Case Keenum was a better option than Tom Brady in 2017 and then saying he sucks and was never a real option as soon as he leaves the team. I never liked Case as the QBOTF like some, watched him play in 2017 and KNEW he wasn't a long term answer, but that doesn't change the fact that spending a little on a bridge QB and drafting the QBOTF was the better option. As proven by the past 3 seasons.
As I have explained a million times now, I said I'd rather stick with Keenum simply because Brady could've retired at any point. Each year, that's the question. He was 40 at the time. How many QB continue their career at age 40, no less continue to be successful at that age. Not many. Brady is defying the odds. At the time, thinking Brady would've retired that year or even the following year, that's why I said Case was a better option.... at the time. Clearly Brady is a better QB than Keenum, that's not even a question. But it doesnt surprise me one bit that you skew this any possible way you can to make yourself look good.
I won't quote the wall of text you wrote to spare everyone else, but the money works out, the team with those players is better then the one we trotted out on the field in 2020, Defillipo was hired to work with Cousins and wouldn't have been hired if we had stuck with Case, the best WR in football in 2020 and Thielen are only marginally better than JJ and Thielen, but still better, and the team would be better going into this coming season. Especially since it is pretty much a lock now that Jordan Love is going to be great. First Jackson, then Allen and now Love.
Unfortunately, my initial post to this was deleted for whatever reason.

1.) No, the money does not work out. I have literally broken this down for you more than once. Why you keep fighting it is beyond me.
2.) Flip was not hired to "work with Cousins". Sure that was obviously part of his job but zero clue where you're getting that from. He was hired because Carson Wentz had an MVP season and the Eagles just won the SB. However, the Eagles offense consisted of RPO's. Something that is so far away from Cousins wheel house it's not even funny. If a QB needed someone to "work with them" it would've been Case over Cousins. So if you think that's why Flip was hired, why do you think he wouldnt have been hired if we kept Keenum. That just makes no sense.
3.) Diggs was NOT the best WR in the league last year. Davante Adams put up near identical numbers, in two less games and scored more than a full seasons worth of TDs compared to Diggs. (18 compared to 8 ). On top of that, JJ was also better than him in multiple categories, as a rookie, in a run heavy offense that doesnt force feed their #1 WR. I'd take JJ 10 times out of 10 without hesitation.
4.) Jefferson and Thielen > Diggs and Thielen. The proof is right here..... https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-wide- ... r-rankings
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri