Vikings tried to trade up for Fields

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings tried to trade up for Fields

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:48 am
CharVike wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:22 am
He had Bill B by the balls. I would have said you open the vault or that guy is in our pocket. Next thing Indy is begging, next its the Steelers and it goes on from there. The biding becomes out of control. If Jax put that 1 pick up for grabs they would have walked away with a haul that would make the Walker deal look like nothing. But that player was to important and I understanding that.
Bill B was apparently the only guy interested in Jones or Indy or Pittsburgh would have been offering us. Once again wild speculation with no reason backing it up.
Billy B was apparently going to give up a Herschell Walker deal to get Mac Jones when he could have given up his 2nd and 1st at most to move up to 11 and get him there. Makes sense.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:53 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:48 am
Bill B was apparently the only guy interested in Jones or Indy or Pittsburgh would have been offering us. Once again wild speculation with no reason backing it up.
Billy B was apparently going to give up a Herschell Walker deal to get Mac Jones when he could have given up his 2nd and 1st at most to move up to 11 and get him there. Makes sense.
I'm only speculating but I do know the value of QBs and maybe Indy or any other team wouldn't have offered anything. I find that hard to believe but ok. I never thought a team would give the Lions what they did. That tells the story. That shows the value of QBs. Bill B knows he needed a QB because Cam sucks outside of his rushing ability. That's my backup. The Bears traded up for long term development guy. One look and then run QB. IMO that's not 1st round grade. But QBs have value. The running QB is being pushed because that's what's on the table. The NFL has been changing the rules for years to help the passing game. It's a passing league.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:35 pm

I'm only speculating but I do know the value of QBs and maybe Indy or any other team wouldn't have offered anything. I find that hard to believe but ok. I never thought a team would give the Lions what they did. That tells the story. That shows the value of QBs. Bill B knows he needed a QB because Cam sucks outside of his rushing ability. That's my backup.
We KNOW for a FACT Indy or some other team wouldn't have offered anything for Mac Jones because they had the chance to offer ANYTHING and chose not too. That 11th pick was up for grabs and anyone could have traded up for it if they were willing to pay more than the Bears. 0 teams did.

The Bears traded up for long term development guy. One look and then run QB. IMO that's not 1st round grade. But QBs have value. The running QB is being pushed because that's what's on the table. The NFL has been changing the rules for years to help the passing game. It's a passing league.
Yes, yes, we all know what type of QB you don't want on your team.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I'm only speculating but I do know the value of QBs and maybe Indy or any other team wouldn't have offered anything. I find that hard to believe but ok. I never thought a team would give the Lions what they did. That tells the story. That shows the value of QBs. Bill B knows he needed a QB because Cam sucks outside of his rushing ability. That's my backup. The Bears traded up for long term development guy. One look and then run QB. IMO that's not 1st round grade. But QBs have value. The running QB is being pushed because that's what's on the table. The NFL has been changing the rules for years to help the passing game. It's a passing league.
It's not the value of QBs that is in question here. It's the value of Mac Jones. The 49ers gave up a $hitload for Lance was it? Nobody was interested in giving up a $hitload for Jones. I personally feel Jones is the better of those two QBs, but that's just me. It doesn't mean much.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:46 pm
It's not the value of QBs that is in question here. It's the value of Mac Jones. The 49ers gave up a $hitload for Lance was it? Nobody was interested in giving up a $hitload for Jones. I personally feel Jones is the better of those two QBs, but that's just me. It doesn't mean much.
Only one team had any interest and that was proven. And they just sat there waiting for the fall. Obviously there's something wrong with the guy. Time will tell but I've seen others fall and have success. It doesn't mean much to me either.