Aaron Rodgers... Think he's out of GB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Aaron Rodgers... Think he's out of GB

Post by CharVike »

S197 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:37 pm I think Rodgers' issue is he just won the MVP and has no guaranteed money in 2022 or 2023. So I don't really know that it's directly comparable to the Brady situation or about Jordan Love. Also, the league is in such a difference place now than when guys like Favre were around. You can play well into your 40s with the amount of protection afford to QBs.

The Packers are trying to mimic the Favre/Rodgers handoff with Love and who could blame them, it worked brilliantly. But you still need to take care of the guy who is playing at a ridiculously high level.
Trying to mimic a success isn't the worst idea in the world. But your right with the point about taking care of the guy. When Farve was there they signed Reggie White who was the difference maker for their defense. That's taking care of the guy and team. White was a monster. A HOFer. Even a guy like Farve needed players around him. They all do. Mahomes, the best young QB in the game, needed guys to protect him because even he couldn't pass with limited protection and they went out and obtained two very good proven OL guys. They didn't pull the draft swing a roo. Which is a 50-50 deal in round 1. That's Speilman's idea of how to fix a broken chain. Your also right about these guys playing into there 40s. The NFL protects the QBs. That's why I don't understand these teams trying to get these running QBs. That makes no sense to me. Why put the guy in the cross hairs. He's your meal ticket.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

CharVike wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:00 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:01 am Mark Schlareth apparently said the Broncos were very close to trading for him but it has to wait until after June 1st because of cap ramifications. I would bet he's still in GB though unless he continues to publicly make noise.
You pit Rodgers on that Bronco team and it would put them in contention. But I agree Rodgers isn't going anywhere. As most have said this is just Rodgers same old stuff.
We said that about Favre and he left
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:17 pm Your also right about these guys playing into there 40s.
Is he?

Here is a list of QBs with multiple playoff wins in their 40's not named Tom Brady:

Here is a list of QBs with double digit regular season wins in their 40's not named Tom Brady:
Brett Favre

When we drop down to 38, the age Rodgers will be when the playoffs occur next season, that list increases to a whopping 3: Manning, Brees and Favre. Of those 3 only Manning won a SB, and his team won in spite of him not because of him.

The fact is, in the history of the NFL, there have been 2 ironman QBs who defied father time beyond their 39th birthday, Favre and Brady. Brees and Manning certainly had success late in their careers, but Brees' body betrayed him in the playoffs at the age of 39
and 40 in 2019 and 2020 and Manning had nothing left when he won a SB at 39.

The odds are Rodgers has 1 good season left if that.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

We will see if Rodgers will leave or not
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:57 am
CharVike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:17 pm Your also right about these guys playing into there 40s.
Is he?

Here is a list of QBs with multiple playoff wins in their 40's not named Tom Brady:

Here is a list of QBs with double digit regular season wins in their 40's not named Tom Brady:
Brett Favre

When we drop down to 38, the age Rodgers will be when the playoffs occur next season, that list increases to a whopping 3: Manning, Brees and Favre. Of those 3 only Manning won a SB, and his team won in spite of him not because of him.

The fact is, in the history of the NFL, there have been 2 ironman QBs who defied father time beyond their 39th birthday, Favre and Brady. Brees and Manning certainly had success late in their careers, but Brees' body betrayed him in the playoffs at the age of 39
and 40 in 2019 and 2020 and Manning had nothing left when he won a SB at 39.

The odds are Rodgers has 1 good season left if that.
You're correct. I'm just basing it on what I see and how they played.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Poor little Rodgers' feeling are hurt:

https://www.nfl.com/news/wearing-an-i-m ... ose-quiet-
It's been one of those quiet offseasons you just dream about where you can just kind of go through your process on your own quietly and that's all you can ask for as an older player in the league and someone who's been around for a long time and just enjoy that time to yourself, to just relax, to not be bothered, to not have any obligations or anything going on. I think that's what this offseason's been about. It's been about really enjoying my time and spending it where I want to spend it and not feeling like I have to go anywhere and not having any responsibilities but still being an NFL player at the same time. It's been great.
It is your fault your offseason went that way you arrogant ####.

Hopefully the rest of the country can now finally see how Rodgers for what we Vikings/Bears/Lions fans have known he is all along.