NFL Draft Day

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: NFL Draft Day

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

IIsweet wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:58 am I would love to be able to get OG Wyatt Davis or Trey Smith ! That would pretty much make the draft a success with Darrisaw !
I also hope to be able to land Rondale Moore. Elijah Moore and Terrace Marshall are there also right now. Either of them would be awesome to add. There is quality depth at the WR position. I just see a talent like one of those guys being a major difference maker to this team. Not that it is a necessity, but wow that could be special.
There are a lot of good players available in the next 50 picks.
I know I am all over the place, but tonight has the potential to really add to this team !!!
I'd be doing backflips if they selected Trey Smith. I've been pushing for him since I did my mock draft. Even though Vera Tucker went at 13 and is probably considered a guard, Trey Smith could very well be better than Tucker and might last until round 3 just due to medical.

I was absolutely shocked Zimmer said in his presser last night that they needs more size up front instead of athleticism. That is very unlike this staff. So if that is the case, Trey Smith is 100% on our radar. But knowing Zim, he's going to be way too adamant about finding defense. Then add in we're looking for mid round QBs (I'm hoping Trask), maybe we're out on Smith. I truly hope it happens though. I just dont see them draft two early offensive lineman
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Getting a OG in the 2nd or 3rd would be ideal, IMO.

Some DL would be good too.

I like the WR from Western Mich too. Kids a baller.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:53 am
IIsweet wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:58 am I would love to be able to get OG Wyatt Davis or Trey Smith ! That would pretty much make the draft a success with Darrisaw !
I also hope to be able to land Rondale Moore. Elijah Moore and Terrace Marshall are there also right now. Either of them would be awesome to add. There is quality depth at the WR position. I just see a talent like one of those guys being a major difference maker to this team. Not that it is a necessity, but wow that could be special.
There are a lot of good players available in the next 50 picks.
I know I am all over the place, but tonight has the potential to really add to this team !!!
I'd be doing backflips if they selected Trey Smith. I've been pushing for him since I did my mock draft. Even though Vera Tucker went at 13 and is probably considered a guard, Trey Smith could very well be better than Tucker and might last until round 3 just due to medical.

I was absolutely shocked Zimmer said in his presser last night that they needs more size up front instead of athleticism. That is very unlike this staff. So if that is the case, Trey Smith is 100% on our radar. But knowing Zim, he's going to be way too adamant about finding defense. Then add in we're looking for mid round QBs (I'm hoping Trask), maybe we're out on Smith. I truly hope it happens though. I just dont see them draft two early offensive lineman
The size stuff from Zim is a little shocking, Really it's surprising. His ground game O is based on athletic OL players. Too late to switch at this point because the roster is stocked with athletic guys. They just signed a FA g/c who is small and athletic.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:34 am Does anyone think Vikings will trade up into 2nd round or stay put? Edit: Never mind, I saw Speilman said he will trade up in the post 2 posts above I am really hoping for Ronnie Perkins
I have no clue who Ronnie Perkins is. :lol:
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:19 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:53 am

The size stuff from Zim is a little shocking, Really it's surprising. His ground game O is based on athletic OL players. Too late to switch at this point because the roster is stocked with athletic guys. They just signed a FA g/c who is small and athletic.
Speaking of size, I'm kind of hoping the Vikings find a way to snag Tyler Shelvin out of LSU in the 4th.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingrepo ... helvin.php

Now THAT is size... Could be very effective in short yardage and situations where controlling the middle of the LOS is important, plus a guy like Shelvin basically allows your linebackers to hit their interior gaps unopposed.

Probably doesn't give you much against the pass but at least he can control the middle and maybe push the pocket.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:42 am Getting a OG in the 2nd or 3rd would be ideal, IMO.

Some DL would be good too.

I like the WR from Western Mich too. Kids a baller.
The WR I think the Vikings can get in the 4th is Jaelon Darden of North Texas.

Like Eskeridge, Darden is a smaller receiver, but the guy is incredibly productive. To the tune of 19 TDs on 74 receptions for over 1,100 yards productive. He'll make an excellent kick returner as well.

Don't get me wrong - I like Eskeridge too. I just think the Vikings will not take a WR in the 3rd and Eskeridge won't make it out of the 3rd.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:10 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:34 am Does anyone think Vikings will trade up into 2nd round or stay put? Edit: Never mind, I saw Speilman said he will trade up in the post 2 posts above I am really hoping for Ronnie Perkins
Conversation between me and my wife last night:

Wife (after listening to me predict the top 10 picks pretty closely) - "wow you should be a GM"
Me (after not recognizing some names outside of top 10) " huh, not even sure who that is"
Wife "well maybe you shouldn't be a GM"
Me "well, if I was a GM my team would draft in the Top 10 every year, so I'd be good"

:v): :v):
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:10 pm
Oklahoma Sooners defensive end, he is very good
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Hate this trading down routine. Trading down is just stupid unless you are in the bottom of the nfl and need alot of players, even then I still thinks a dumb move. Anyways, I think we got a decent pick. The nfl game is basically won in the trenches and I hope we get another lineman or 2 more, a safety, cb, edge rusher. Personally I would draft a qb every three years regardless cause you never know when one will hit
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

I like the pick and that we didn't reach at 14 for him, instead picking up 2 more 3rd rounders. Would have preferred the Jets second rounder, but you aren't getting that for a guard.

Glad we didn't trade 3 1st rounders to move up to get Mac Jones at 3. :lol:
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 pm There, now we know who the Vikings took. The difference in talent between darrisaw and AVT isn’t much IMO.

Side note: Spielman just said in his presser he plans on moving up into round 2
For one of the QB's
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:00 pm I like the pick and that we didn't reach at 14 for him, instead picking up 2 more 3rd rounders. Would have preferred the Jets second rounder, but you aren't getting that for a guard.

Glad we didn't trade 3 1st rounders to move up to get Mac Jones at 3. :lol:
For what it's worth nobody liked Mac Jones enough to trade up to 14 for him. Chris Simms has him as the best player in the draft.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pep2Moss wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:09 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 pm There, now we know who the Vikings took. The difference in talent between darrisaw and AVT isn’t much IMO.

Side note: Spielman just said in his presser he plans on moving up into round 2
For one of the QB's
Kyle Trask or Kellen Mond? I saw a mock draft that Vikings picked Kellen Mond in the 3rd round at #86
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

If Moehrig lasts another 10-15 picks, I can see the Vikings trying to trade up to replace Harris. There's a ton of good players still out there but I have a feeling we see them go quickly in the 2nd. The 1st round was odd in that it was heavy on positions we weren't going to take. QB, WR, and CB made up what, 10 of those picks? It's more likely the positions we're coveting start getting taken on day 2.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:14 pm If Moehrig lasts another 10-15 picks, I can see the Vikings trying to trade up to replace Harris. There's a ton of good players still out there but I have a feeling we see them go quickly in the 2nd. The 1st round was odd in that it was heavy on positions we weren't going to take. QB, WR, and CB made up what, 10 of those picks? It's more likely the positions we're coveting start getting taken on day 2.
I can see that happening, who is the starting safety for now?