NFL Draft Day

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

NFL Draft Day

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Draft Day is here! :rock: I hope Vikings will draft a player that everyone will be happy with!
VikingTom
Starter

Re: NFL Draft Day

Post by VikingTom »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:10 am Draft Day is here! :rock: I hope Vikings will draft a player that everyone will be happy with!
I have rarely seen the Vikings draft a player that everyone likes. :lol: I hope they follow a script of BPA that also fills a clear need. Then the debate can begin on who would've been the best choice. 8)
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

VikingTom wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:43 am
I have rarely seen the Vikings draft a player that everyone likes. :lol:
maybe if they cloned a 21 year old Alan Page everyone on this board would like it, but beyond that there will be bickering :lol: :lol:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

If the Vikings are able to make all of their fans happy with the pick we need to get Rick Spielman on a flight to middle east and work some things out there.
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:10 am Draft Day is here! :rock: I hope Vikings will draft a player that everyone will be happy with!
Had to double check this as I was unsure of how long each team had on the clock. Was thinking it used to be 15 minutes in the 1st round. It is 10 minutes, likely putting the Vikings on the clock between 2230 & 2300 CST depending on drama and commercials.

It starts at 8 p.m. Eastern time, and each team has 10 minutes to make its pick. The second and third rounds are on Friday; rounds 4-7 are on Saturday. Teams get seven minutes to make picks in the second round, five minutes for regular or compensatory picks in rounds 3-6 and four minutes in round 7.
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

Merry Draftmas everyone.

If his physicals check out I'm convinced the pick is Jaelan Phillips.

Still would love a LT to put there for a decade like Slater or Darrisaw but they will be gone to Carolina and San Diego IMO,.

Maybe deal a 3 and couple 4's for a 2? Grab the best OL?
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pep2Moss wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:33 am Merry Draftmas everyone.

Still would love a LT to put there for a decade like Slater or Darrisaw but they will be gone to Carolina and San Diego IMO,.

I sure hope not, Jaelan is a huge risk, he is a concussion away from retiring from football
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'm just glad the real draft is finally here. I am SO SICK of mock drafts. There's a new mock every day. People pay actual money to read Kiper's mocks and McShay's mocks (with apologies to anyone here who pays for this sh... I mean stuff). Even on NFL Radio, Jim Miller and Pat Kerwin have a draft every stinking week. People actually get upset at this stuff. Fighting, mad-dog nasty ... about mock drafts!

Honestly, in spite of the thousands of mock drafts and analysis articles, I'm no more informed than I was 6 months ago as to who the Vikings might take or what deals they might make. In fact, I might be dumber.

And I won't watch the actual draft. Not interested in watching hours of endless drone by talking heads or 20-year-olds in $3,000 suits hugging Roger Goodell. Just fill me in when it's over. Yes, you're right ... Kapp the Optimist turns into Get Off My Lawn Kapp on draft day.

Now go, Rick Spielman. Do great things. Conquer the NFL. And please know that I support you fully, no matter what ... as long as you hit on another first-round gem like you did with Justin Jefferson. Fail to do that, and you're dead to me.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Can anyone please do not spoil the picks?

I have a feeling that Slater will fall to #14 and Vikings will run to the podium and select Slater
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 am . And please know that I support you fully, no matter what ... as long as you hit on another first-round gem like you did with Justin Jefferson. Fail to do that, and you're dead to me.
Speaking of that........What pick or move would make a person bat crap crazy in the 1st round?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingTom wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:56 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 am . And please know that I support you fully, no matter what ... as long as you hit on another first-round gem like you did with Justin Jefferson. Fail to do that, and you're dead to me.
Speaking of that........What pick or move would make a person bat crap crazy in the 1st round?
Speilman will make the usually moves. I expect a trade down into the mid 20s for a mid 2nd rounder and a 7th rounder since that spots empty. We might wound up with 20 picks before it's all over and 4 will make the team. I'd like Davis Mills so that won't happen but he'll pick some guy in round 6th to be a dev QB. A guy with zero arm or height. Probably a work out guy that can bench 450ILBs or some other nonsense reason that has nothing to do with playing the position. Anything beyond that would be crazy for me.
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

CharVike wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:22 am

Speilman will make the usually moves. I expect a trade down into the mid 20s for a mid 2nd rounder and a 7th rounder since that spots empty. We might wound up with 20 picks before it's all over and 4 will make the team. I'd like Davis Mills so that won't happen but he'll pick some guy in round 6th to be a dev QB. A guy with zero arm or height. Probably a work out guy that can bench 450ILBs or some other nonsense reason that has nothing to do with playing the position. Anything beyond that would be crazy for me.
For me it would be trading down and somehow failing to get a 2nd round pick for the move.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

Boom Picks for me:
Micah Parsons
Rashawn Slater
Jaelan Phillips

Safe Picks but a need:

AVT
Darrisaw
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Spielman trades out of the 1st for a 2nd, a 3rd, and 3 6th rounders.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Pep2Moss wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:33 am Merry Draftmas everyone.

I dont see those guys going that early. Teams are going to be scrambling for these 5 QBs and 3 WRs. That's 8 picks off the board. Add in Pitts and Sewell is 10 off the board. That leaves 3 unknown picks before we're on the clock. I'd have to imagine 2 of those 3 are Parsons and either Horn or Surtain.

The Vikings will have their pick of the litter at 14 IMO. Especially in terms of OL and DE. I think this is more reason to trade down.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri