It is time to discuss the elephant in the room!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: It is time to discuss the elephant in the room!!!

Post by CharVike »

I'm not sure what's on the Jets radar but their GM needs to make a move because he's in trouble. They have a ton of CAP and the 2nd pick. This guy already missed on a potential franchise QB at least in the fans minds and they provide the revenue. Sam D has been a total failure for them and it's highly unlikely he will succeed in that town. If I had our team I would look at getting that 2nd pick. We have two guys Cousins and Barr that they have already tried to sign. Some say they did. I would start with offering those 2 and 3 1st round picks for Sam and the No 2 pick. This will give that GM 2 instant starters that can play at a decent level in the NFL and some draft capital that he can use this year for Trask as a dev guy. Then we can go in with Sam and Jones plus have a ton of CAP. Let those two fight it out. Winner gets the job which will be Jones and Sam provides backup. Then they can do a full bore Zim job and bang the ball and take time off the clock and play D. Plus now we have Jones and he has the potential to be the franchise guy on the cheap. With a ball control O and some dam good skill players he won't have to carry the load at first. That's what I would like to see happen. Provide a much different slant and a brighter future if it works. Much brighter like always in the playoffs.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

CharVike wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:31 am I'm not sure what's on the Jets radar but their GM needs to make a move because he's in trouble. They have a ton of CAP and the 2nd pick. This guy already missed on a potential franchise QB at least in the fans minds and they provide the revenue. Sam D has been a total failure for them and it's highly unlikely he will succeed in that town. If I had our team I would look at getting that 2nd pick. We have two guys Cousins and Barr that they have already tried to sign. Some say they did. I would start with offering those 2 and 3 1st round picks for Sam and the No 2 pick. This will give that GM 2 instant starters that can play at a decent level in the NFL and some draft capital that he can use this year for Trask as a dev guy. Then we can go in with Sam and Jones plus have a ton of CAP. Let those two fight it out. Winner gets the job which will be Jones and Sam provides backup. Then they can do a full bore Zim job and bang the ball and take time off the clock and play D. Plus now we have Jones and he has the potential to be the franchise guy on the cheap. With a ball control O and some dam good skill players he won't have to carry the load at first. That's what I would like to see happen. Provide a much different slant and a brighter future if it works. Much brighter like always in the playoffs.
Cousins, Barr AND 3 first round picks? Hmmmm. Picking Mac Jones at 2? Hmmmm. I'm thinking that make us the new Jets.
Spot & Stalk Vike
Backup

Post by Spot & Stalk Vike »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:49 am
CharVike wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:31 am I'm not sure what's on the Jets radar but their GM needs to make a move because he's in trouble. They have a ton of CAP and the 2nd pick. This guy already missed on a potential franchise QB at least in the fans minds and they provide the revenue. Sam D has been a total failure for them and it's highly unlikely he will succeed in that town. If I had our team I would look at getting that 2nd pick. We have two guys Cousins and Barr that they have already tried to sign. Some say they did. I would start with offering those 2 and 3 1st round picks for Sam and the No 2 pick. This will give that GM 2 instant starters that can play at a decent level in the NFL and some draft capital that he can use this year for Trask as a dev guy. Then we can go in with Sam and Jones plus have a ton of CAP. Let those two fight it out. Winner gets the job which will be Jones and Sam provides backup. Then they can do a full bore Zim job and bang the ball and take time off the clock and play D. Plus now we have Jones and he has the potential to be the franchise guy on the cheap. With a ball control O and some dam good skill players he won't have to carry the load at first. That's what I would like to see happen. Provide a much different slant and a brighter future if it works. Much brighter like always in the playoffs.
Cousins, Barr AND 3 first round picks? Hmmmm. Picking Mac Jones at 2? Hmmmm. I'm thinking that make us the new Jets.
GAWD I sure hope this scenario doesn't come to fruition, NO THANK YOU!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

If Jones is the next Rodgers we won't be the new Jets. If Jones blows yes we are done. You need to take chances to get the prize. I wouldn't do it if I thought Jones was a stiff. 1st round picks are great but how many actually come in and are stars for a long time. We have been on both sides. Barr is the star Hughes is a bum. Jefferson looks like a star but Bradbury is worthless. Plus all 1st rounders aren't equal. 1 compared with 32 isn't on the same planet. If Jones is great your talking in the 20s pick. Whopee. You need to give to get. I'd like to give all our 4th rounders but that won't happen. Plus Barr and Cousins aren't 25 anymore.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Most mocks have Jones as the 3rd to 5th QB taken. Trading that much for what most think is the 5th best QB in the draft? No thanks.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Most mocks have Jones as the 3rd to 5th QB taken. Trading that much for what most think is the 5th best QB in the draft? No thanks.
That's what makes the draft fun. I know the guy trails others it's my opinion. This guy Field is flying up the board because he ran a 4.4. I followed this for a long time since the days of PFW and there draft booklet long before these sites and I never heard that one. Who cares. This isn't a speed event. He's a one read and go guy. Not what I would look for. Picking QBs is the hardest position. Most miss and they are pros. Some on this board will hit. This year you have your A Luck prospect. You only need the draft slot for that one. That pick is already in. Now the juggling starts. And the biggest bone head org is up. This is where anything can happen and more than likely the first whiff takes place.