1st Round Final Prediction

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

cmoss84
Veteran

1st Round Final Prediction

Post by cmoss84 »

No ifs...no excuses. Lay your final prediction out here...let's see who gets closest. Bragging rights on the line! This draft is going to be bat #### crazy so let's have some fun.

Here's mine.

Vikings acquire #5 via trade: Chargers get JJ for #5 and 2nd/3rd round picks in 2025.

Vikings acquire #3 from Pats for #5 and 2025 3rd rd pick (via Chargers).

#3: Drake Maye
#11: Rome Udenze
#23: Chop Robinson
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 1st Round Final Prediction

Post by CharVike »

cmoss84 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 am No ifs...no excuses. Lay your final prediction out here...let's see who gets closest. Bragging rights on the line! This draft is going to be bat #### crazy so let's have some fun.

Here's mine.

Vikings acquire #5 via trade: Chargers get JJ for #5 and 2nd/3rd round picks in 2025.

Vikings acquire #3 from Pats for #5 and 2025 3rd rd pick (via Chargers).

#3: Drake Maye
#11: Rome Udenze
#23: Chop Robinson
You put some good thought into that one. My man Chop is there also. Maye is my favorite. He reminds me of Gus Ferrotte(sp?) I think he was another Washington/Viking combo. I think were done with that combo for a few seasons anyway. We'll probably get whoever they pick this year in a few seasons for a 6th rounder. I don't know if the Chargers can afford JJ's money demand. We might have to pick some of that up also. No big deal rookie QB and WR money will help with that.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I don't really want the bragging rights but I see a stick and pick. Even Kwesi can't pull a trade up off. Teams will be looking for the farm and everything else owned because they know we are desperate. I'll go with a couple reaches IMO. Chop at 11 and then Penix at 23. They can plug Penix in early because of his experience and that will take most of the pressure off KAM/KOC to produce a winner and they can get contract extensions. There getting the Cpt. Kirk disease. Looking for the green or contract extension. This is the safest and easiest way to accomplish that.
Last edited by CharVike on Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

What I want to happen:
We stick at #11 and pick best available QB.
We trade UP from #23 to #18 (CIN) or #19 (Rams) and take either CB Mitchell or Arnold (this is assuming one is still available at that point, I assume DeJean will be gone).

What I think will happen:
We trade #11 and next year’s #1 and a #3 to Chargers for #5, take JJ McCarthy.
We stay at #23 and take best available DL/Edge

I think this draft is VERY deep at several positions and KAM would hate to trade #23.

It looks like ATL will be punished for effing with Kirk, not sure if that would benefit us or simply hurt ATL. Maybe we get something out of that, who knows. Decision soon according to Shefter. If that affects anything in round one then all bets are off.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

1. Williams
2. Daniels
3. Maye
4. McCarthy
5. Harrison Jr
6. Nabers
7. Alt
8. Turner
9. Odunze
10. Bowers
11. Fuaga
12. Nix
13. Penix
14. Q Mitchell
15. Verse
16. Murphy II
17. Fashanu
18. Arnold
19. DeJean
20. Wiggins
21. J Newton
22. KoolAid
23. Fautanu
24. Mims
25. Latu
26. Chop Robinson
27. Brian Thomas
28. Adonai Mitchell
29. Darius Robinson
30. Barton
31. Latham
32. McConkey

This is my version 5.0. My draft is predicated on a three way trade with us getting 4, the Cards getting 5 and 23, the Chargers getting 11 and 27.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

What I would like to see is;

Work a deal to get Jayden Daniels
Give up our 2 first this year and the next two years first if we have to. Or, work JJ into the deal. I would prefer the picks option. I would be ok with either.

What I expect will happen is;

They will stay put at 11 and pick Penix. Not because they don’t wanna move up for Maye of McCarthy but because they can find a deal they like.

With 23 they pick up best CB or Edge available or they trade back for picks if no one is there they like enough to justify 23.

What I don’t want to see happen at all;

Drafting JJ McCarthy. That would be enough for me to withdraw my fandom of this team forever. I think that little of him as a NFL prospect. I don’t believe the hype on him at all.

Jayden Daniel’s will be the best QB in this draft. He will be elite. He will win Championships. My favorite prospect in a long time coming outta college for today’s NFL. Especially with KOC and the system he would build around him.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The Vikings haven't been able to get a deal done to move up into the top 3 in the past and I wouldn't be shocked if that trend continued. I don't know enough about college ball to give much on particular players but I think if the Vikings trade up it's going to end up being #5 as the Cardinals decline a trade to get Marvin Harrison Jr.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings aren't able to move up to get who they want at QB and then stay put at 11 and get some other area of need. 23 might still be too high for the remaining QBs but without a pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds they may be forced to reach. In that case, I assume they'll try to trade back to get a mid-2nd round and maybe a late 3rd or 4th as well for #23. Pick up one of the remaining QBs in the 2nd.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Alaskan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:57 pm What I would like to see is;

Give up our 2 first this year and the next two years first if we have to. Or, work JJ into the deal. I would prefer the picks option. I would be ok with either.

They will stay put at 11 and pick Penix. Not because they don’t wanna move up for Maye of McCarthy but because they can find a deal they like.

With 23 they pick up best CB or Edge available or they trade back for picks if no one is there they like enough to justify 23.

Drafting JJ McCarthy. That would be enough for me to withdraw my fandom of this team forever. I think that little of him as a NFL prospect. I don’t believe the hype on him at all.

Jayden Daniel’s will be the best QB in this draft. He will be elite. He will win Championships. My favorite prospect in a long time coming outta college for today’s NFL. Especially with KOC and the system he would build around him.
How many championships do you see and what year will this start for the elite one?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I have a very hard time understanding the dislike for McCarthy. Michigan didn't pass a lot, but when they did JJ's numbers were sensational. He's young, athletic, accurate. I don't think his arm will fall off if he's asked to throw 30-40 times a game instead of 20. I like Daniels a lot. Not enough to give up 4 first round picks for him.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Cliff wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:13 pm The Vikings haven't been able to get a deal done to move up into the top 3 in the past and I wouldn't be shocked if that trend continued. I don't know enough about college ball to give much on particular players but I think if the Vikings trade up it's going to end up being #5 as the Cardinals decline a trade to get Marvin Harrison Jr.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings aren't able to move up to get who they want at QB and then stay put at 11 and get some other area of need. 23 might still be too high for the remaining QBs but without a pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds they may be forced to reach. In that case, I assume they'll try to trade back to get a mid-2nd round and maybe a late 3rd or 4th as well for #23. Pick up one of the remaining QBs in the 2nd.
I'm very confident the top 6 QBs and that is what it is a top 6 not a top 4 will be gone before 23. Good chance gone by 13. 11 isn't a reach for any of them. The simple solution to getting the Cards pick at 4 is make it a 3 way with the Vikings getting 4, The Cards getting 5 (MHJ) and 23, the Chargers getting 11 and 27. I don't think any of the teams would say no to that.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:08 pm

I have a very hard time understanding the dislike for McCarthy. Michigan didn't pass a lot, but when they did JJ's numbers were sensational. He's young, athletic, accurate. I don't think his arm will fall off if he's asked to throw 30-40 times a game instead of 20. I like Daniels a lot. Not enough to give up 4 first round picks for him.
You see things your way and I see things mine. I say we leave it at that. Fair? Neither one of us know are heads from our ###es when it comes to evaluating NFL talent. Pretending we do isn’t fooling anyone with half a brain. I propose we do this for fun. Fair?
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

CharVike wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:32 pm

How many championships do you see and what year will this start for the elite one?
Take it for what it’s worth to you. I like Jaden Daniel’s as a prospect. I don’t have a crystal ball. This is all for fun, none of us on here know any more than the next about NFL talent. All we know is what we can find to read or watch. And even that data is suspect sometimes. Zero point in debating your question. This is all for fun
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

I’m going to change my tune a bit. Most of the off-season I’ve been firm on not trading up for a qb however personally believe KAM and KOC have two QBs in mind (Maye, McCarthy) in this draft. If they don’t get either of these two I wouldn’t imagine they swing on a qb till the 3-5th round. Reading the article about KOC being the “qb killer” makes me believe he won’t settle for anyone but his guys and will ride Darnold this year if need be. So out of those two situations I believe are at play, I really hope we make that trade up. I don’t want to watch a season of Darnold as our qb.

Personally, I love Jj McCarthy, he’s got it all imo, good arm, good mobility, maybe lacks a bit of size but most importantly I see that fire in his eyes, that “it” factor, especially after the loss to TCU. That kind of moxie he gave off after reminded me so much of a young Tom Brady.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Alaskan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:08 pm
You see things your way and I see things mine. I say we leave it at that. Fair? Neither one of us know are heads from our ###es when it comes to evaluating NFL talent. Pretending we do isn’t fooling anyone with half a brain. I propose we do this for fun. Fair?
I will go on vibes once in a while, but vibes as a rule are not a good way to evaluate. I never played QB at more than family and friends get togethers, but I can watch guys like Chris Simms and Kurt Warner break down film on these guys and make a pretty good educated guess on who will be best. You can too.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:49 pm
Alaskan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 pm

I will go on vibes once in a while, but vibes as a rule are not a good way to evaluate. I never played QB at more than family and friends get togethers, but I can watch guys like Chris Simms and Kurt Warner break down film on these guys and make a pretty good educated guess on who will be best. You can too.
Don’t act like those guys don’t ride for the Brand. Or do. That’s up to you The NFL is their job. Their job is Not evaluating talent specific to a give NFL system or what can be done to a system with given talent. Only the organization knows those things. Guys like Warner and Simms get paid for TV ratings or to promote The NFL not based on weather they are right or wrong in evaluating talent. GMs and coach’s and staffs livelihoods are at stake. All they do everyday is high level organizational football related things. All we do is listen to talking heads getting paid to get good ratings. Believe what you want. It means zero to me. I have no interest in discussing anymore of this further.