2024 Free Agents

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2024 Free Agents

Post by VikingsVictorious »

This guy likes Darnold.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 am This guy likes Darnold.
I think he's going to do very well for us if we can protect up the middle.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 am This guy likes Darnold.
That was a good watch. Obviously Darnold has alot of talent he was picked 3rd in the draft. The Jets have the same problem we have had for decades they can't build an OL that can hold up against the stacked D fronts or even avg fronts. Once you can't block good luck making things happen. The odds are stacked against him at this point because again he's stepping into a situation that he was in with his 1st 2 teams. They are giving him 10 million a year for a reason. Nothing has indicated that KOC and his staff can mold that piece of clay into a highly functioning QB. The QB merry go around is in full swing again. Nothing like watching a rerun of a bad movie.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Darnold was dropped into baaad nyj structure. Then shipped to car dumpster fire. That staff was pretty meh too.

Sf is the only place he's been where he had good structure.

Do I think he is suddenly a decade long starter? No. I do think he will be serviceable with KOC and his offensive system though. He has some physical tools, and some obvious drawbacks.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/rep ... -year-deal
The Vikings are signing veteran cornerback Shaquill Griffin to a one-year deal worth up to $6 million, according to Bleacher Report's Jordan Schultz.

The last couple years have been a bit of a rollercoaster for Griffin, so he'll be looking to bounce back with the Vikings in 2024. The 6-foot, 200-pound veteran should have an opportunity to compete for a starting job as an outside corner in Minnesota. He's a big pickup who brings experience and playmaking ability to a Vikings CB room that also features Byron Murphy Jr., Mekhi Blackmon, and Akayleb Evans. Griffin figures to compete with Evans to start on the boundary, with either Murphy or Blackmon playing mostly in the slot.
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Risner isn't getting much attention. I liked the way he played the game. He was tough and seemed like a leader. Of course I think the play that stood out as very bad was the game when he left his position wide open to help Bradberry and the LBer saw it and shot the gap for an easy sack. If I saw it you know every team saw it. I thought we found a diamond in the rough. That's not a good way to build a team either.