Should we trade for a Quarterback

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jvessey
Practice Squad

Should we trade for a Quarterback

Post by jvessey »

Now that we know Kirk is likely out for the season, should we trade for a qb? And if so, who?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Should we trade for a Quarterback

Post by Maelstrom88 »

No. They believe in Mannion and Hall. Let's see what they've got :rofl:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Sam Darnold.

I honestly think we should just tank and sell what we need to sell and rebuild.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Time to trade Hunter.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I guess that’s up to Kam/ KOC.
How many more weeks is Mullen’s on IR? Go with Hall and Mannion?
If we doing sign a QB, probably be surprising who they sign. I can’t figure out half their moves.
If they do confirm an Achilles...I Wish Kirk a speedy recovery?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I can't see this regime making a trade for a QB. That would be the kind of move Spielman would have made. The truth is, there just aren't many good available options.

The more intelligent route would probably be to try to obtain 1st round picks for 2024 to maximize our chances to land a franchise QB. I could see them moving on from Ezra Cleveland and Hunter. It would stink though. Just today I said out loud (to my dog) "I'm so glad we still have Hunter".
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Yeah, I'm not seeing KAM trading for a QB, but on the off-chance he would consider trading or signing someone recently retired... Cam Newton? Tom Brady? :lol:

Where's Heinicke?

But seriously, we're stuck with the lowest common denominator, Mannion... or the totally green Jaren Hall... I'd rather see the kid play. Watching Mannion is like watching a crochet competition. Hope Nick Mullens feels better soon.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

soflavike wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:38 pm Yeah, I'm not seeing KAM trading for a QB, but on the off-chance he would consider trading or signing someone recently retired... Cam Newton? Tom Brady? :lol:

Where's Heinicke?

But seriously, we're stuck with the lowest common denominator, Mannion... or the totally green Jaren Hall... I'd rather see the kid play. Watching Mannion is like watching a crochet competition. Hope Nick Mullens feels better soon.
Heinicke replaced Desmond Ridder for ATL today and looked pretty good. We face the Falcons next week, no way they trade him to us!
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

No No AND NO! We dont trade for a QB, we actually draft one, like other teams do. If it takes years to pick a good one, so be it. Cousins was here and won squat, so its hit and miss, esp. with the Vikings.

We should trade Ezra, Hunter, KJ, even JJ if we are given enough. Cause JJ wont want to play here with Hall as a QB, And I doubt KAM has the slightest idea how to draft a decent QB.It is NOT like trading stocks.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I just read there's a possibility of bringing in Colt McCoy for a look. Wow.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Just don’t give up any draft pick for a QB. I would like to see what Hall can do, and just sign some slappy veteran for a backup until Mullens is back. There isn’t a savior out there.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:10 pm No No AND NO! We dont trade for a QB, we actually draft one, like other teams do. If it takes years to pick a good one, so be it. Cousins was here and won squat, so its hit and miss, esp. with the Vikings.

We should trade Ezra, Hunter, KJ, even JJ if we are given enough. Cause JJ wont want to play here with Hall as a QB, And I doubt KAM has the slightest idea how to draft a decent QB.It is NOT like trading stocks.
Yeah super good idea man, hopefully they hire you as a GM soon! You totally know more about drafting a QB than KAM or KOC (a former nfl quarterback) does. Fingers crossed you get the job!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:24 pm I just read there's a possibility of bringing in Colt McCoy for a look. Wow.
WOW!! :govikes:
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Mccoy and koc were in Washington together multiple years iirc. There is a lot of value already being familiar with koc's system and playbook, considering we are way past training camp.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:18 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:10 pm No No AND NO! We dont trade for a QB, we actually draft one, like other teams do. If it takes years to pick a good one, so be it. Cousins was here and won squat, so its hit and miss, esp. with the Vikings.

Yeah super good idea man, hopefully they hire you as a GM soon! You totally know more about drafting a QB than KAM or KOC (a former nfl quarterback) does. Fingers crossed you get the job!
Thanks man. A C- in sarcasm, or the attempt at it. Cause I have ideas you go right to Im smarter than our GM or HC? Grow up.