He's Baaaaccckkk!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

He's Baaaaccckkk!

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Lewis Cine healthy and making an impact at OTAs.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: He's Baaaaccckkk!

Post by VikingLord »

Great news. I'm very excited to see him make an impact this year under Flores.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

What are realistic expectations for Lewis Cine in Year 2?
It wouldn’t be fair to put any expectations on Cine playing all the first-team reps in camp or starting Week 1 because of the trauma his body endured. One thing we know from seeing many injuries and recoveries in the past is that progress isn’t linear — there are ups and downs to coming back from something that severe.

Still, his progress should be exciting to the Vikings. Cine was a first-round pick because the team believed he could be a defensive centerpiece for years to come but his limited experience out of the gate didn’t go as planned. The former Georgia star lost a camp competition to Cam Bynum and then he only played two total defensive snaps. Getting back on the practice field feels like he’s getting a fresh start.

Part of that is a new defensive coordinator. Last year the Vikings’ safeties were nearly exclusively playing in two-deep alignments, rarely coming up to the box and almost never blitzing. Brian Flores historically has required his safeties to play downhill in a much more aggressive style. That would seem to fit Cine’s stylings well.

“He likes to let you loose and let you go play ball,” Cine said of his early impressions of Flores. “I like to play fast football. I like to just let it loose and the fact that that’s his scheme, that’s what he’s known for, I’m really excited learning his scheme.”
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Cliff wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:17 am
I love me some purple FTW! Listen usually on my morning walks to hear his take.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

allday1991 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:13 pm
Cliff wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:17 am
I love me some purple FTW! Listen usually on my morning walks to hear his take.
This guy has the most punchable face I have ever seen. He is also a massive homer.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Happy Easter/Resurrection day. I thought this was an appropriate thread for this message. :D
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:26 pm Happy Easter/Resurrection day. I thought this was an appropriate thread for this message. :D
If you believe he ever left, He is back......but I am sure glad Kirk isn't. After all this forum is about football, not faith.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Alaskan wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:55 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:26 pm Happy Easter/Resurrection day. I thought this was an appropriate thread for this message. :D
If you believe he ever left, He is back......but I am sure glad Kirk isn't. After all this forum is about football, not faith.
Jesus took a well deserved vacation from Friday afternoon until Sunday Morning back in AD 33. :D