Live Draft Chat

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pep2Moss
Starter

Re: Live Draft Chat

Post by Pep2Moss »

Bunter wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:52 am WTActualF!! KAM is tanking this draft. A fifth from KC is useless!! Get rid of this clown asap
He really thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Just means they are taking seventh round value in round 4 so he wants something else to make it look less terrible.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:53 am
Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
2m
Vikings pick up a late 2024 fifth to move down 15 spots
Quote Tweet
Field Yates
@FieldYates
·
3m
The Chiefs trade: Pick 134 and a 2024 5th round pick

The Vikings trade: Pick 119
That isn't much compensation. They must not love anyone in particular at this spot.
Then move up to get a player you love. The interior offensive lineman flew off the board. Get up there. We need help at G and C.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Bunter wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:52 am WTActualF!! KAM is tanking this draft. A fifth from KC is useless!! Get rid of this clown asap
I'm not saying it was right or wrong, but not much difference in players from here on out. Just need good scouts to find the diamonds in the rough.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
2m
Quote Tweet
Field Yates
@FieldYates
·
3m

That isn't much compensation. They must not love anyone in particular at this spot.
It's not a terrible trade I guess. I hope KAM knows what he's doing. There are still many good players on the board.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
2m
Quote Tweet
Field Yates
@FieldYates
·
3m

Ouch it's a next year pick? That drops the value a round. Very little compensation.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Good prospects still on the board

- QB Jake Haener
- CB Cory Trice
- CB Darius Rush
- LB Nick Herbig

Would be happy with any of those with our next pick.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

CharVike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:55 am

Then move up to get a player you love. The interior offensive lineman flew off the board. Get up there. We need help at G and C.
Here's some advice for all of us today....
Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
12m
I would advise everyone to try their absolute hardest not to get upset about any trades or picks on Day 3. It's a long day.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingLord wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:05 pm Good prospects still on the board

- QB Jake Haener
- CB Cory Trice
- CB Darius Rush
- LB Nick Herbig

Would be happy with any of those with our next pick.
I've got Nick Herbig as the 3rd Vikings selection on a draft challenge. Let it be Nick.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pep2Moss wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:55 am
He really thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Just means they are taking seventh round value in round 4 so he wants something else to make it look less terrible.
I agree with both of you. Better off just walking away at this point. Forfeit the picks. Save the franchise embarrassment.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:08 pm
Pep2Moss wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:55 am

I agree with both of you. Better off just walking away at this point. Forfeit the picks. Save the franchise embarrassment.
Who did you guys want with the 4th round pick the Vikings traded? Maybe this was a bad trade, but unless you had a player on the board there that you loved and you're willing to wait a few years to see how the trade pans out I don't think it warrants getting too upset over.

Plenty of good players on the board yet, even potential impact players. Let's see what happens.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

CB Jay Ward, LSU

Sounds aggressive. I like it.
Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
·
5m
At No. 134 overall, the #Vikings took LSU safety Jay Ward. Defensive backs coach Daronte Jones was his defensive coordinator at LSU in 2021
Bunter
Practice Squad

Post by Bunter »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:37 pm CB Jay Ward, LSU

Sounds aggressive. I like it.
Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
·
5m
At No. 134 overall, the #Vikings took LSU safety Jay Ward. Defensive backs coach Daronte Jones was his defensive coordinator at LSU in 2021
Not surprised we took a db but Rush was available and we need lb help and KAM passed on the kid from Alabama. He would have to knock it out of the park with the rest of the picks for this to be a decent draft at best. The shot of the draft room was very subdued unlike all the other teams. I think KOC is starting to wonder about this guy. Also the trade for swift looks bad on Kwesi when he can’t trade one of the best rbs in the game.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Well D Swift went from Det to Phi a little bit ago for a 2025 4th. Miami drafted a RB. Wonder what the market for potentially moving Cook looks like at this point. : |

Jay Ward lined up all over the place last year for LSU, compared to earlier seasons.

Last edited by makila on Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:05 pm
CharVike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:55 am
Here's some advice for all of us today....
Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
12m
I would advise everyone to try their absolute hardest not to get upset about any trades or picks on Day 3. It's a long day.
It is a long day. But it can be made much shorter. Trade to the top of round 4 and grab the best G available and say good bye. That makes it a very short day. We are doing the quantity over quality draft again. We won't know for another 3 years anyway.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

makila wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:48 pm Well D Swift went from Det to Phi a little bit ago for a 2025 4th. Miami drafted a RB. Wonder what the market for potentially moving Cook looks like at this point. : |

Jay Ward lined up all over the place last year for LSU, compared to earlier seasons.

Not a bad pick. Can backup different spots.
We've seen a big emphasis on versatility among the cornerbacks the Vikings have added. LSU's Jay Ward is no exception. According to
@ESPNStatsInfo
, Ward was the only player in the FBS last season to get at least 150 snaps at safety, slot corner and wide corner.