Vikings want Levis ?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings want Levis ?

Post by IIsweet »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... 7032&ei=17

The link is an article stating how the Vikings really want Will Levis, the Kentucky QB. So much so that they are interested in moving up to #2 ? What would they have to trade away in order to make this happen?
Would it be a combination of 2023 1st rd, 2024 1st rd, and Danielle Hunter ?

It is draft week and there are so many speculations and rumors out there. Who knows ? BUT.... if this were to happen, Levis could be the best QB prospect we have had since.... Culpepper ! Levis may even be a better prospect? There is a lot to critique, but there is a lot more to love, imo !
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vikings want Levis ?

Post by IIsweet »

Here is a follow up to this idea as well. This one says No to trading up to top 5, but that Minnesota takes a QB this week.
This is awesome. I do not recall the Vikings ever being involved in so many rumors, speculations, and draft buzz.
A lot of fun to read.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vi ... ef79&ei=14
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:44 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... 7032&ei=17

The link is an article stating how the Vikings really want Will Levis, the Kentucky QB. So much so that they are interested in moving up to #2 ? What would they have to trade away in order to make this happen?

It is draft week and there are so many speculations and rumors out there. Who knows ? BUT.... if this were to happen, Levis could be the best QB prospect we have had since.... Culpepper ! Levis may even be a better prospect? There is a lot to critique, but there is a lot more to love, imo !

I like this, not sold on Hooker. I like the idea of moving up for Levis or Richardson if they slide Not top 5 though.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

No way do the Vikings move up to get a QB that isnt accurate and cost us so much draft value.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:36 am No way do the Vikings move up to get a QB that isnt accurate and cost us so much draft value.
The cost to move up to where some of the mocks have the Vikings moving would be prohibitive.

Far more likely KAM moves down and tries to get an extra pick in the 3rd. He can use that on a Hooker or McKee if he's really set on getting a QB this year.
greatvikenorth
Waterboy

Post by greatvikenorth »

I'd be happy to trade up if it would be Dalvin Cook and our 1 for a top 10 pick. I could see the Eagles doing something like that. Sure they could take their chance at the stud rbs but in this case they get a proven stud who can run block and still get a player at 23. We move up save cap space and grab our future franchise qb.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingLord wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:59 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:36 am No way do the Vikings move up to get a QB that isnt accurate and cost us so much draft value.
The cost to move up to where some of the mocks have the Vikings moving would be prohibitive.

Far more likely KAM moves down and tries to get an extra pick in the 3rd. He can use that on a Hooker or McKee if he's really set on getting a QB this year.
I think McKee is the guy they will take. Many teams will not even have him on their board as a draftable guy. This Hooker wind is just that wind. He don't fit what we run. Plenty had Malik Willis mocked to us last draft and we said no thanks. He's already done. McKee is a very smart and tall player. He didn't have those 65 to 0 games so his stats aren't overwhelming. Face it Stanford don't have much. He's flying under the radar big time. His brain is his best skill.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

CharVike wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:20 pm

I think McKee is the guy they will take. Many teams will not even have him on their board as a draftable guy. This Hooker wind is just that wind. He don't fit what we run. Plenty had Malik Willis mocked to us last draft and we said no thanks. He's already done. McKee is a very smart and tall player. He didn't have those 65 to 0 games so his stats aren't overwhelming. Face it Stanford don't have much. He's flying under the radar big time. His brain is his best skill.
Sounds a lot like Ponder. I think there’s 4 potential qbs I’d be confident sitting behind Kirk till next year, get one of them or wait till next year.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

You sound like John Elway with his love of tall QBs.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:46 am
I'm not sure what Elway likes. He signed one of our greats Keenum which ended his career. Looks like he likes smaller guys with a limited arm. McKee don't fit. In the end McKee isn't a great prospect and has very little chance of becoming a good QB.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:46 am
I'm not sure what Elway likes. He signed one of our greats Keenum which ended his career. Looks like he likes smaller guys with a limited arm. McKee don't fit. In the end McKee isn't a great prospect and has very little chance of becoming a good QB.
Drafting your guy Drew Lock is what ended his career. Elway definitely had a type, and it only worked out once:

Signed Manning: 6' 5" (fantastic signing)
Drafted Brock Osweiller in the 2nd: 6' 7" (bust)
Drafted Paxton Lynch in the 1st: 6' 7" (one of the worst busts of the modern era)
Signed Flacco: 6'6" (was awful)
Drafted Drew Lock in the 2nd: 6'4" (bust)

Never spent more than a 7th rounder on any QB under 6'4" and never drafted a QB worth drafting. It was a running gag in Denver that Elway couldn't get enough of tall QBs and his inability to see beyond how tall a QB was contributed to his downfall.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:11 am
Drafting your guy Drew Lock is what ended his career. Elway definitely had a type, and it only worked out once:

Signed Manning: 6' 5" (fantastic signing)
Drafted Brock Osweiller in the 2nd: 6' 7" (bust)
Drafted Paxton Lynch in the 1st: 6' 7" (one of the worst busts of the modern era)
Signed Flacco: 6'6" (was awful)
Drafted Drew Lock in the 2nd: 6'4" (bust)

Never spent more than a 7th rounder on any QB under 6'4" and never drafted a QB worth drafting. It was a running gag in Denver that Elway couldn't get enough of tall QBs and his inability to see beyond how tall a QB was contributed to his downfall.
You have a great memory mentioning Lock. I liked him alot. Yes Elway did like tall guys. Keenum must have been a gap guy. Keenum actually had a great year for us. I give him credit. I thought for sure the Super Bowl was ours especially after the miricle. Our 1st drive in Philly he hit Diggs with a great TD pass for the lead. I was thinking blowout our way for once. Then the whole team fell apart. Everyone gets the blame for that give up act. The axe fell on Keenum and he never had a season like that again. Picking QBs is never easy. Even now Stroud is falling from bad test scores. That should be a concern.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:11 am
Another one who josh heupel made look really good in college.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

allday1991 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:19 am
IIsweet wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:44 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... 7032&ei=17

I like this, not sold on Hooker. I like the idea of moving up for Levis or Richardson if they slide Not top 5 though.
In the end Levis slid all the way to 23 and we just said no thanks.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:13 am
allday1991 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:19 am

In the end Levis slid all the way to 23 and we just said no thanks.
Titans drafted him. The end of the line for Malik Willis.