What did I just watch?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StanM
Veteran

What did I just watch?

Post by StanM »

I’m speechless and this is my 62nd season watching this madness. Biggest comeback in NFL history. Well, we are the NFC north champs and I almost gave up at halftime. :smilevike:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: What did I just watch?

Post by CharVike »

Almost? You have to give the entire team credit. I thought they were done at half and the backups would come in. I was wrong on that. Finding a way to win. I'm glad Peg made that game winner. The D played good enough today.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Second half was incredible performance. First half was horrible performance. Crazy game. Everyone on the team kept playing and fighting, super impressive in that regard.

Division is ours. Woooo

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

That was an absolutely BONKERS game.

KJ Osborne played his best game of the year.

That's all I remember at this point.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Statistically the 2nd half is nuts.

"The Vikings didn't score until 8 minutes, 25 seconds remained in the third quarter. From that point, they outscored the Colts 39-3"

"Cousins managed just 43 yards in the first half but recovered to throw for 460 yards and four touchdowns"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/352 ... fl-history

KJ (157) and JJ (123) both went over 100 and had 10 or more receptions. Dalvin finished with 95 rushing yds, and 95 receiving yds.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Duke Shelly had himself a game too. The memories of what the hell happened are slowly bubbling up in my consciousness, LOL.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Unreal! I love that Burleson is a homer and doesn’t even try to hide it. That was one to remember! Skol
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:35 pm That was an absolutely BONKERS game.

Texas Vike, I think you were the only person in the gamechat who had any belief we could come back at half time. Hats off to you for believing!
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

StanM wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:08 pm I’m speechless and this is my 62nd season watching this madness. Biggest comeback in NFL history. Well, we are the NFC north champs and I almost gave up at halftime. :smilevike:
My thoughts exactly what a game…
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Purple Domination wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:51 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:35 pm That was an absolutely BONKERS game.

Texas Vike, I think you were the only person in the gamechat who had any belief we could come back at half time. Hats off to you for believing!
Thanks PD! I have to admit that it was more just a desire to see KOC be a leader and at the very least get his players to not give up, to keep fighting, and to persist in their fight on a day when EVERYTHING seemed to be going against them. Everyone was saying the Colts were terrible, so my question was, "if a terrible team put up 30 points on us in a half, why can't we do that to a terrible team?" And we did!
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:46 pm Duke Shelly had himself a game too. The memories of what the hell happened are slowly bubbling up in my consciousness, LOL.
Yes he did! Kinda already forgot. Might have found something with him as a guy who can hang when needed.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I was positive they were beat at halftime. Almost turned the game off and go out shopping. After the Vikes first TD i started watching again and then Cousins went on a terror. He got hit and sacked so many times in the first half I didnt think he could even move by the second half. What a crazy game. One of many NFCN championship I hope we see this decade.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

We need injury updates on Darrisaw and Patrick Peterson. I think KJ just had cramps, but it wasn't clear what the other two had going on.

Here we go... Ragatz reports:
Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
1h
Injury updates: Jefferson had a rib/chest contusion but feels fine. Osborn, Peterson, and Darrisaw just had cramps.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Awesome game. The much maligned defense gave up just one touchdown and got some key stops l know the colts offense isn’t the greatest but hay maybe they’ve turned a corner
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Official NFL channel put up basically 2:30 left in the 4th onward on youtube. 45 minutes for those 2 minutes plus overtime.