D Adams to LV (haha not oak, oops)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

makila
Franchise Player

D Adams to LV (haha not oak, oops)

Post by makila »

I know not directly Viking related, however....huge news if true.

Twitter blowing up right now. GB trading Adams to LV for picks. Signing him to a new deal.

Wow

Come on GB, make sure you get to eat all that dead cap when Rodgers leaves. :lol:

-----

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Blockbuster: Packers are trading Pro-Bowl WR Davante Adams to the Las Vegas Raiders for two prime 2022 picks, league sources tell ESPN.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Davante Adams get a new contract worth $141.25M over 5 years, source say. He gets an average of $28.25 average.

Sources: The #Raiders are in the final stages of trading for #Packers star WR Davante Adams, who receives a new contract that makes him the highest paid WR in the NFL. A blockbuster.

Las Vegas sends back a 1st round pick, potentially more picks and a player.
Last edited by makila on Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: D Adams to OAK

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Adams is good. I don't think he's 29 million a year good.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

I always felt he was overrated because he had Rodgers throwing him the football, now that he is leaving the Packers I hope I am wrong about that.

Remember everyone, Rodgers was upset at the Packers for not giving him enough weapons to work with, not about money. Which is why he demanded that massive contract that made it impossible to keep his best weapon.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:57 pm I always felt he was overrated because he had Rodgers throwing him the football, now that he is leaving the Packers I hope I am wrong about that.

Remember everyone, Rodgers was upset at the Packers for not giving him enough weapons to work with, not about money. Which is why he demanded that massive contract that made it impossible to keep his best weapon.
Yeah, he made his bed now he gets to lay in it, karma!
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: D Adams to LV (haha not oak, oops)

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Well Erin, you wanted your $50 million. Now you lose your boy because of your greed.

Good luck with Allen Lazard as your No. 1.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Now if the Vikings could just get their thumbs out of their as#, maybe we’d have a shot at winning the division
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I think they still have Valdes-Scantling. He's 6 4 and can fly. That will help the new starter. Teams need to protect against that speed. When Jordy Nelson went to the Raiders the news was the Packers are done. Adams stepped up. Sounds like the same old song and dance. I'm sure they have a body to plug in or will draft one. The Packers are like all teams they need to win the LOS battle or it's over. Rodgers for a multiple MVP winner future HOFer took less in QB money in the past and he hoped they would build an OL. Now he's taking the cash. He likes money also. The Packers didn't build an OL that can pass block against the big dogs that can bring pressure like the 49ers. Found this below which speaks volumes about controlling the LOS. This is from the playoffs.
Rodgers is going against a Niners defense playing its best football of the season. San Francisco held the Cowboys' number one-ranked offense (407 yards per game) to 307 total yards, with Dak Prescott completing only 53.5 per cent of his passes as he was pressured more than any other quarterback in the Wild Card round, coming under duress 25 times. Looks like high dollar Dak struggles when under pressure.
San Francisco's deep defensive front would appear to have the edge this weekend, too. The 49ers' finished the regular season ranked first in Stats Perform's pass rush win rate metric - boasting a win rate of 32.6 per cent - while the Packers were 23rd with a pass protection win rate of 72.6 per cent. Rodgers and Adams struggled to score in the game. The Pack couldn't block.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Kinda makes me feel like this was Mr. Murphy and Mr. Gutekunst's way of saying " We are still in charge here A Hole... I mean A Rod "
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:03 am Kinda makes me feel like this was Mr. Murphy and Mr. Gutekunst's way of saying " We are still in charge here A Hole... I mean A Rod "
I don't think they felt he was worth the money the Raiders paid. Time will tell. If anything Rodgers stuck it to those two. He saved them CAP and they drafted his replacement who has shown he isn't ready and may never be ready. But the guy does have that so called second act which I guess is needed. His problem is the first act accuracy which needed to be mastered first.
SunyP
Practice Squad

Post by SunyP »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:03 am Kinda makes me feel like this was Mr. Murphy and Mr. Gutekunst's way of saying " We are still in charge here A Hole... I mean A Rod "
Can't way to see what A Rods reaction to this will be. He does not like to be shown up...sort of makes him look like the captain not the general!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Even without Adams, GB is still better than the Vikings. I think this move will only make GB stronger in the long run, maybe sooner than later if they can find a WR in the draft. 4 pics in the first 60.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:14 pm Now if the Vikings could just get their thumbs out of their as#, maybe we’d have a shot at winning the division
Vikings have no chance of winning the division, the #31 ranked defense is not going to be fixed over night
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Here is a weird one During Matt LaFleur’s three seasons as coach, the Packers went 7-0 without Adams. Never would have thought that.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Screenshot_20220319-191120_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20220319-191120_Messages.jpg (638.7 KiB) Viewed 443 times
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Cliff wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:11 pm Screenshot_20220319-191120_Messages.jpg
Hard to find more of a culture change than GB to Vegas.