Vikings/Broncos

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings/Broncos

Post by StumpHunter »

808vikingsfan wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:10 pm Back to topic.

Vikings didn't look good at all. Punting, ST coverage, run D, pass D. Hoping they show improvement this week. Don't care about the outcome of the game, I just want to see cohesiveness, fire. I think the starters should play an entire half.
Of those issues, run D and pass D will look much better with starters on the field. Punting and ST coverage not so much. I heard the Vikings are looking into competition for Colquitt, which is generally a good thing when you have arguably the worst punter from last year. Not sure why it took a bad preseason game to do it though.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 am
808vikingsfan wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:10 pm Back to topic.

Vikings didn't look good at all. Punting, ST coverage, run D, pass D. Hoping they show improvement this week. Don't care about the outcome of the game, I just want to see cohesiveness, fire. I think the starters should play an entire half.
Of those issues, run D and pass D will look much better with starters on the field. Punting and ST coverage not so much. I heard the Vikings are looking into competition for Colquitt, which is generally a good thing when you have arguably the worst punter from last year. Not sure why it took a bad preseason game to do it though.
Hopefully, would be nice to have some depth though. I was watching a bit of the Bears game mainly to watch Fields (who looks great) but also noticed there 2nd string dline still got decent pressure where as when our seconds are in we are non-existent.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

allday1991 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:29 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 am

Hopefully, would be nice to have some depth though. I was watching a bit of the Bears game mainly to watch Fields (who looks great) but also noticed there 2nd string dline still got decent pressure where as when our seconds are in we are non-existent.
Safety and LBer depth is a huge concern. As is WR depth and DE depth. DT we weren't playing our best back and a backup CB, Boyd was the one bright spot. The safety, WR and LBer depth is probably a big reason our STs coverage was bad.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:44 pm
MikethePurple wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:15 pm

This has been one of my huge frustrations as well. The US had the worst situation in the world for a long time essentially because of political posturing and a refusal to take a health pandemic seriously. Being the richest country in the world, we were able to throw money at our problems to make them go away and along with some other industrialized nations hoarded much of vaccine supply. Rather than taking advantage of our standing, a significant portion of the population is flat out rejecting and extending this crisis so we can't focus our immense resources on helping less wealthy countries after vaccinating our own population.

It's really disheartening to hear stories of people around the world who would gladly take the vaccines that we essentially are throwing away at this point because people will not put the greater good of humanity over their own misinformed viewpoints (for the most part-there are exceptions). Its so unfortunate that something like a worldwide public health crisis has been politicized for absolutely no reason.
A response before your comment is deleted.

Italy and the UK both had higher deaths per million than the US, and France, Spain and many other first world countries were right there with us. Germany did the best of large European countries, but the German people are historically great rule followers. To a fault.

Americans on the other hand, in general don't like being told what to do. We resisted taxation without representation and we resist being told where we can go, who we can be around, what we have to put in our bodies and what we have to wear. It is in our culture and has little to do with who is in power.

That is why nothing has really changed since the regime change because it never had anything to do with the regime and everything to do with how we think.
Excellent post Stump. I disagree with all the alpha type personalities who refuse to get the vaccine, but it all has to do with them not liking being told what to do.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

MikethePurple wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:17 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:44 pm
A response before your comment is deleted.

Italy and the UK both had higher deaths per million than the US, and France, Spain and many other first world countries were right there with us. Germany did the best of large European countries, but the German people are historically great rule followers. To a fault.

Americans on the other hand, in general don't like being told what to do. We resisted taxation without representation and we resist being told where we can go, who we can be around, what we have to put in our bodies and what we have to wear. It is in our culture and has little to do with who is in power.

That is why nothing has really changed since the regime change because it never had anything to do with the regime and everything to do with how we think.
I don't know why my comment would be deleted. Just to clarify, for a significant portion of the beginning months of the pandemic, the US did lead in deaths and rate. Things were very bad in those countries you mentioned as well. I'm not specifically pointing towards one politician as there were many offenders. The US was not alone in this fact, many countries had this pandemic politicized for a variety of reasons. I'm mainly lamenting the fact that this public health crisis was politicized in the first place from any standpoint rather than looking at it from purely a public health perspective. What's really frustrating is that we do have the resources to help and as a result of how this has been framed, people aren't taking advantage of them. Especially when seeing there are people around the globe who would love to have the opportunity that we have.

I started to write something longer but honestly I'm tired of these arguments and lots of the folks who have already posted have made most of the compelling arguments and provided solid viewpoints. Especially those with multiple years of medical or scientific experience. I'm stepping out this debate.
Virtually everything is politicized these days. It is horrible, but just the way it is.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:44 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:51 am

Vikings have a title, Vikings won a NFL Championship in 1969
Yes, I’m aware of that. I watched it on television.

And if you read my post, I said SUPER BOWL. I assure you we haven’t won one of those.
I would guess the majority of Vikings fans today are totally unaware that the Vikings ever were NFL champions.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:04 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:12 am Gotta agree that post was a little out of line. Just becuase you don’t get the vaccine doesn’t mean you’re uninformed. I’m guessing 99% of the players across the league that are not getting is because they simply don’t trust it. I know it’s why I haven’t gotten it. I mean in all honestly, what is there to trust right now?
You can trust in COVID! You'll probably get that if you haven't already and then I guess you'll see what happens?
I’ve gotten Covid once before the vaccine was out. It was like a very mild version of the flu
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:22 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:44 pm
Yes, I’m aware of that. I watched it on television.

And if you read my post, I said SUPER BOWL. I assure you we haven’t won one of those.
Sure you said Super Bowl but you still said "61 years with no titles" so it is not true
Whatever man.

You just can't admit when you're wrong, can you?

Enjoy your day.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Sure you said Super Bowl but you still said "61 years with no titles" so it is not true
Whatever man.

Enjoy your day.
Wrong about what? Here is proof that Vikings won a championship:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_NFL_ ... nship_Game

It is not a Superbowl championship but NFL championship is a championship so Vikings have a championship so you are wrong on saying "Vikings have no titles in 61 years" Vikings have 1 championship in 61 years and that is the end of discussion and now you are on ingore, have a great day! :thumbsup:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Whatever man.

Enjoy your day.
Kapp I never read your original post, but if you said 61 years with no titles you were wrong. It appears that you were both wrong.
TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

Post by TheCoolerOne »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:36 am
Whatever man.

Enjoy your day.
Kapp I never read your original post, but if you said 61 years with no titles you were wrong. It appears that you were both wrong.
I've gotta get in on this. Truly one of the most stupefying exchanges that's happened on here in a while, and this is including people quitting the board over COVID talk, countless Cousins threads, and Spielman arguments.

As internet users are wont to do, Moss84 has doubled down on meaningless position. It's like when you say on a Friday at work, "I'll see you tomorrow" and your colleague says "Tomorrow? Tomorrow's Saturday! I think you meant Monday! WOW! Hey John, this guy said see you tomorrow and he meant Monday! Get a load of that!" You both stand there, you're not laughing, and you both know exactly what you meant.

Three-ish more weeks before everyone can start discussing blowing up the roster or extending everyone. Cannot get here fast enough.

Meanwhile, Moss84, can't wait to see what else you're willing to quadruple down on, though I bet we've not see the last of it for this semantics matter.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Whatever man.

Enjoy your day.
If you never read my original post, then why are you commenting?

I said Super Bowl. Context matters.
Last edited by J. Kapp 11 on Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

TheCoolerOne wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:15 am

I've gotta get in on this. Truly one of the most stupefying exchanges that's happened on here in a while, and this is including people quitting the board over COVID talk, countless Cousins threads, and Spielman arguments.

As internet users are wont to do, Moss84 has doubled down on meaningless position. It's like when you say on a Friday at work, "I'll see you tomorrow" and your colleague says "Tomorrow? Tomorrow's Saturday! I think you meant Monday! WOW! Hey John, this guy said see you tomorrow and he meant Monday! Get a load of that!" You both stand there, you're not laughing, and you both know exactly what you meant.

Three-ish more weeks before everyone can start discussing blowing up the roster or extending everyone. Cannot get here fast enough.

Meanwhile, Moss84, can't wait to see what else you're willing to quadruple down on, though I bet we've not see the last of it for this semantics matter.
My apologies for my part in this.

I was frustrated. I made a point, and then it somehow got diverted to something that had nothing to do with that point. As if to say, “I can’t refute it, so I’ll nitpick something else.”

I need to let it go.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

TheCoolerOne wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:15 am

username checks out.

TBF... This is therapy for us all. We rant, we listen, we reply. It's good.

But if you think the Cousins threads, covid threads, spielman arguments will stop once the season starts...
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014