Diggs Traded

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Diggs Traded

Post by Mothman »

Tom Pelissero just tweeted that Diggs has been traded:
The #Vikings have traded WR Stefon Diggs and a seventh-round pick to the #Bills for a first-round pick, a fifth-round pick, a sixth-round pick and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source said.
@JayGlazer first on the trade
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Diggs Traded

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Mothman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:42 pm Tom Pelissero just tweeted that Diggs has been traded:
The #Vikings have traded WR Stefon Diggs and a seventh-round pick to the #Bills for a first-round pick, a fifth-round pick, a sixth-round pick and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source said.
@JayGlazer first on the trade
That's a haul. So long Diggs. Will always remember the Saints game. Saves us a boatload of cap space. Buffalo is where receivers go to die.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Glad Vikings got a 1st for a guy that was more or less forcing a trade.

Also glad he's going to Buffalo. We'll see how well that works out for him. That's one of the last places I'd want to go
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Just heard the same, I have not determined what to think yet.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Seems like a good haul for a guy who wasn't happy anyway, plus it's a receiver-heavy draft, so they can, hopefully, pick up a receiver in there somewhere. (of course, there is always the chance they draft another Treadwell)
Passepartout
Backup

Post by Passepartout »

Well good luck to him. Does free up a lot of cap space
Ready for Halloween
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Well done Spielman. Always good to get 1st rd picks in return. Although, I would rather have Diggs than Cousins.
I hate that he is our QB and we have so much $$$ in a average at best QB.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

I wonder why he hated Kirk so much.

On a positive note, we should be in a good spot to draft a QB high in the draft next season.

Diggs had an elite year in 2019. Not good, not great, elite. He played in an offense that didn't throw the ball a lot, but on a per pass basis, only Michael Thomas caught more yards per pass attempt than Diggs did.

He was the passing offense last year and without him I have no idea how we are going to move the ball through the air. Hopefully they extend Cook now, because if he holds out, this could really turn into a disaster.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

Diggs was a malcontent and it was best for the team. It was a good haul for Diggs? What pick is that 1st rounder?
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

IIsweet wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:54 pm Well done Spielman. Always good to get 1st rd picks in return. Although, I would rather have Diggs than Cousins.
I hate that he is our QB and we have so much $$$ in a average at best QB.
Meh, Rick made the most out of a bad situation he created.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Angels Wings wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:01 pm Diggs was a malcontent and it was best for the team. It was a good haul for Diggs? What pick is that 1st rounder?
Assuming it's the Buffalo 1st (they don't own any others that I see), its the #22.

I think it's a good haul actually if you were going to move him. Considering what the Texans got for Hopkins today (David Johnson and a 2nd). We're gonna be so thin at WR though. They have to bring someone in now.
Last edited by makila on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Great move. What number in the first round did we get?
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I will miss Diggs, thank you Diggs for the Minneapolis Miracle, we will not forget that in our lifetime!!! I wish you the best with the Bills! Now who will Vikings replace Diggs with?
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

makila wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:22 pm
Angels Wings wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:01 pm Diggs was a malcontent and it was best for the team. It was a good haul for Diggs? What pick is that 1st rounder?
Assuming it's the Buffalo 1st (they don't own any others that I see), its the #22.

I think it's a good haul actually if you were going to move him. Considering what the Texans got for Hopkins today (David Johnson and a 4th). We're gonna be so thin at WR though. They have to bring someone in now.
Robby Anderson?
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:35 pm I will miss Diggs, thank you Diggs for the Minneapolis Miracle, we will not forget that in our lifetime!!! I wish you the best with the Bills! Now who will Vikings replace Diggs with?
My guess is a high draft pick and a journeyman stop gap. It’s pretty rare for a WR to hit the ground running especially drafting in the back half of the rounds but the other options are pretty bad.

Beebe is good for about a game and a half. Then there’s preseason all star Olabisi Johnson. We could also bring back Treadwell for a third time. Or run Thielen and 3 TEs.