Hats off to the Vikings players

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

canaddar
Waterboy

Hats off to the Vikings players

Post by canaddar »

Cool story about the Vikings at the Saints game......My wife is in the military and was there to do the giant flag at the opening of the game. Prior to the game, most of the Viking players walked around, thanked the military members, shook hands and took selfies with them. Dalvin Cook walked around and shook hands with every single military person there. Not a single Saints player interacted with the military except for one retired Saints player. I don't know if the Saints have some kind of a no interaction policy or what......but, the Vikings players were far more friendly and appreciative of the people around them.

I personally thought that it was awesome of the Vikings players to engage with the folks around them like that.

Good luck to you guys in the rest of the playoffs!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Hats off to the Vikings players

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

First of all thank you for an awesome text. That is so cool to hear that the Viking players did what they did and showed a great deal of class.
But allow me to ask you , on behalf of myself and my Dad, a Marine Corps battle veteran who lives with the physical and emotional scars from combat, and I will take the liberty to speak for many members on this board who I have alot of interaction with, I will ask you to humbly express sincere Gratitude and Thank you for her service and sacrifice as well as all her fellow members.
THEY are the true Heros here. And their dedication to service is not lost here.
Please, for this Old Vikes fan, tell you wife Thank You and may God protect her.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 pm First of all thank you for an awesome text. That is so cool to hear that the Viking players did what they did and showed a great deal of class.
But allow me to ask you , on behalf of myself and my Dad, a Marine Corps battle veteran who lives with the physical and emotional scars from combat, and I will take the liberty to speak for many members on this board who I have alot of interaction with, I will ask you to humbly express sincere Gratitude and Thank you for her service and sacrifice as well as all her fellow members.
THEY are the true Heros here. And their dedication to service is not lost here.
Please, for this Old Vikes fan, tell you wife Thank You and may God protect her.
AMEN!
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
canaddar
Waterboy

Post by canaddar »

I certainly will thank her for you. :)