CB's Hughes and Alexander OUT...do the Vikings have a chance at Saints?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

CB's Hughes and Alexander OUT...do the Vikings have a chance at Saints?

Post by Purplepain2018 »

If the Vikings did not already have a lot stacked against them playing a road playoff game in a hostile environment, word is the Vikings will be without both CB's Mike Hughes and MacKenzie Alexander on Sunday. So who do the Vikings have to back up these guys? Jayron Kearse, Kris Boyd and Marcus Sherels are the likely candidates. Kearse has seen more action than both of these other two guys, but it is a lot to ask these two guys to come in and play under these circumstances.

Even with all of that said, I like the Vikings chances on Sunday. Nobody and I mean nobody outside the state of Minnesota is expecting the Vikings to win...so that in itself should be some motivation. I just feel the Vikings have gotten all of the bad football out of their system over the last two games and the offense will step up with Dalvin Cook, Alexander Mattison and Adam Thielen all being healthy. I expect a shootout with the Vikings winning a squeaker 28-27.

What do you think?