What did Thielen say to Cousins?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

What did Thielen say to Cousins?

Post by 720pete »

Did anyone catch what they were saying? Pretty clear they were disagreeing on the route but would like to know if anyone reads lips.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: What did Thielen say to Cousins?

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Don't know what Thielen said to Cousins, but I saw a clip out there where Cousins is telling Thielen, "I don't have 10 seconds..." implying that he needs to break out of his route sooner, I assume, given the play that happened just prior to that sideline conversation.

I do chuckle at Cousins saying that though. :lol: Everyone is frustrated.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:21 pm Don't know what Thielen said to Cousins, but I saw a clip out there where Cousins is telling Thielen, "I don't have 10 seconds..." implying that he needs to break out of his route sooner, I assume, given the play that happened just prior to that sideline conversation.

I do chuckle at Cousins saying that though. :lol: Everyone is frustrated.
Me too. Actually loved that encounter. All these guys are doing the best they can considering the all have one point five seconds to work...
i'm ready for a beer.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Nothing like pointing fingers about who is right and who is wrong to bring a team together. It looked like Cousins was having a mental breakdown to be honest.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:36 am Nothing like pointing fingers about who is right and who is wrong to bring a team together. It looked like Cousins was having a mental breakdown to be honest.
I think the most concerning to me was we were playing in our 16th game and these guys didn't seem to be on the same page with a basic out route. Just a mess overall in my opinion.
i'm ready for a beer.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:36 am Nothing like pointing fingers about who is right and who is wrong to bring a team together. It looked like Cousins was having a mental breakdown to be honest.
I don't see it as a mental breakdown. He was frustrated because he doesn't have time in the pocket to let deeper routes develop and make his reads.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Ultimately, I think they turn this into a positive.

Realistically, FA QB's rarely come in right away and experience their most success with their new team. It usually happens after the first season and I don't think it's any different for a veteran like Kirk. They'll put the work in this offseason and hopefully have a much better rapport next season, which is actually scary to think about.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think it is safe to say the recievers don't have the same relationship with Cousins as they did with Case. For the last month there was various disagreements.
Hope they hit the 2019 season looking more like team.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

halfgiz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:44 pm I think it is safe to say the recievers don't have the same relationship with Cousins as they did with Case. For the last month there was various disagreements.
Hope they hit the 2019 season looking more like team.
You are right. And this bugs me because Zim and Ricky boy should have known this. Its hard for a team to gel when an average QB comes in. This wasnt true with Favre, but he was a natural born leader. His toughness alone bonded him with more teammates then Cousins ever had,
V Vette
Practice Squad

Post by V Vette »

he said... you over paid high school QB, you ruined this team!!!!!!