Stafford, Lions unravel in Patricia’s dreadful debut

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Stafford, Lions unravel in Patricia’s dreadful debut

Post by Cliff »

DETROIT (AP) — The booing began early. The Detroit Lions scored on a touchdown on the game’s first snap, but it wasn’t long before the fans at Ford Field sensed trouble.

An anemic first quarter of offense set the tone. By halftime, Matthew Stafford and the Lions were trailing, and in the third quarter, they unraveled completely.

The 48-17 loss to the New York Jets on Monday night was a dreadful debut for new coach Matt Patricia and a nightmare for Stafford, who was intercepted four times in a total debacle for Detroit.
Read more
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Stafford, Lions unravel in Patricia’s dreadful debut

Post by dead_poet »

I don't know why, but there's something that feels strangely delightful about this. Like a kind of nostalgia. Like remembering the Vikings of the mid-to-late 1990s when the Lions were this bad on a regular basis.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:44 pm I don't know why, but there's something that feels strangely delightful about this. Like a kind of nostalgia. Like remembering the Vikings of the mid-to-late 1990s when the Lions were this bad on a regular basis.
Maybe because it's another epic fail by a Bill Belichick disciple.

Matt Patricia, welcome to the wonderful head coaching world of Eric Mangini, Romeo Crenel, Charlie Weiss and Josh Daniels. You're in stellar company, dude.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

I watched that game from the start to see if the Lions could really be as bad as they looked in the preseason. I think I got a pretty clear answer.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Lions was gawd awful. I don't ever believe in the Jets
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Still dreadful. Defense wasn’t bad but this team isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. They at least got a new #1 RB and WR.