Presser Points: Edwards on Defending Cousins, DeFilippo on O-Line, Priefer on Carlson 

We find news articles about the Vikings and post them here. If an article generates enough interest it gets moved to the Vikings Talk forum for more discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Presser Points: Edwards on Defending Cousins, DeFilippo on O-Line, Priefer on Carlson 

Post by Cliff » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:47 pm

DeFilippo on Vikings offensive line situation

The Vikings offensive line has had many moving parts since camp opened.

Pat Elflein remains on PUP, Nick Easton was added to the Injured Reserve list after undergoing neck surgery and Mike Remmers is making a return after suffering an ankle injury last month in training camp.

“It’s not ideal. It’s not what you want,” DeFilippo confirmed of the situation. “I would love for us to be able to go out and say, ‘Hey, all five of our guys are hearing Kirk’s cadence at the same time, they’re hearing Kirk’s line calls, they’re all hearing Pat’s line calls, if he was playing center. I would love to have that.”

He pointed out that unfortunately across the league, teams often have to deal with similar types of scenarios when players are injured.

“You don’t waste time thinking about that stuff,” DeFilippo said. “As coaches, we’re problem solvers. So keep finding ways to alleviate those problems.”

In responding to other questions, however, DeFilippo did praise the performance of the young linemen who have stepped up. He highlighted the unit’s contribution to Minnesota’s early success in the run game.

“I really think our offensive line is coming off the football,” DeFilippo said. “We’re not always perfect – obviously we’re not playing with, we’re down four starters. So it’s not always perfect. But they’re playing fast, and they’re playing physical.”
Read more
0 x