Allen to Seattle

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleScout
Backup

Allen to Seattle

Post by PurpleScout »

ESPN is reporting Jared Allen will sign a 3 year contract with the Seahawks for around 12 million. No report on guaranteed money.

Allen has pitched for the Seahawks to sign KWill as well.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Allen to Seattle

Post by Funkytown »

:shock:
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Of course he is. Anyone NOT see this coming? Even last offseason when we knew 2013 was the last year in his contract, I knew he would end up in Seattle.

So now we can keep hearing from bandwagon Seahawks fans talk about the Vikings as Seattle's "farm system". Apparently some of them still think Seattle got the better end of the deal in the Harvin trade, all because Percy scored that return TD in the Super Bowl.
KSViking
Veteran

Post by KSViking »

:wallbang:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HornedMessiah wrote:Of course he is. Anyone NOT see this coming? Even last offseason when we knew 2013 was the last year in his contract, I knew he would end up in Seattle.
It's where great Vikings defensive linemen go late in their careers: Eller, Millard, Randle and now Allen.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Their name should be changed to the Seattle Vikings.

And I disagree with them getting the better deal of the Harvin trade. I still think we got the better deal. Harvin is fortunate that the team was still great with and without him on the field. All that money they have pay him in his contract and he misses majority of the season due to injury. But whatever, he's got a ring now so you can't tell him crap

As for Jared Allen. Good Luck. I wish you would've went to Denver instead but I guess you feel you have a better chance in getting a super bowl in Seattle. Too bad that Seattle one their only and last super bowl this year. The Vikings are winning it next year.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Not confirmed yet.
Jared Allen leaving 2nd visit with Seahawks without signing, promises team to further consider offer and decide over weekend.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote:Not confirmed yet.
Weird. ESPN is definitely reporting that a deal has been reached.

Oh well. He should go home and discuss it with the wife, anyway...and decide to retire. :D
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

WTF is with Seattle constantly taking our cast offs? Overall it hasnt worked out for them. When they take our WRs they all are either out with injuries or overpaid for what they do, TJ was a total waste, and now they go for Allen.....Its like Seattle is a retirement community for old/infirmed Vikings!
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

chicagopurple wrote:WTF is with Seattle constantly taking our cast offs? Overall it hasnt worked out for them. When they take our WRs they all are either out with injuries or overpaid for what they do, TJ was a total waste, and now they go for Allen.....Its like Seattle is a retirement community for old/infirmed Vikings!
Except they have a super bowl and we don't.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I loved the game that JA brought to the Vikes and I am very glad that he played there. That being said, his A game is far behind him. In my opinion, last year he was a detriment to the defense. Often times taking ill advised "routes" to the QB, which resulted in gaping holes and causing Viking linebackers to look worse than they actually were. He reportedly refused/complained about coming out of games and "cost" the Viking's defense as a whole. Yeah he got his 10 or 11 sacks but at what cost?
We will see what a young energetic DE will bring to the table with Griffin. I do not think fans will be dissapointed too long. Remember, I am talking about JA last year and now and not the beast that he was 3 or 4 years ago.
So long JA, good luck with whatever you decide and thanks for all the great plays that you made :v):
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

King James wrote: Except they have a super bowl and we don't.
And none of our cast offs played a major role in them winning that super bowl. Maybe Harvins TD was the back breaker, but the Hawks were going to win convincingly anyway. Our ex players were pretty much just along for the ride.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

one question: who cares??? so long jared you had a good run here and now its over.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Good for both parties. Makes sense.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

The last 2-3 years Allen would disappear often in games, He has surely lost a step or two. It was time. He's just not effective overall. His weakness was that he could only rush the passer from one side. We couldn't move around which is a liability to my mind. Been a great ride but it's done now and seattle is over paying for him