Super Bowl.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Who do you want to win.

Poll ended at Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:00 am

Denver
74%
Seattle
26%

Total votes: 27

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Super Bowl.

Post by Funkytown »

Laserman wrote:I hope Peyton burns and embarrasses Richard Sherman.

Oh, me too! I actually love Sherman. I just think it would be hilarious. And after Denver wins, can we get just one "I'm the best in the game!" from Peyton Manning? Okay, okay. I am just dreaming now. :lol:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Lets not forget that Manning really hasn't been that good in the post season in his cateer. If a teal could have Peyton in the regular season and Eli during the post season, that would be a tough team to beat.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Purple bruise wrote:Thought that I would use this topic to post this Super Bowl commercial. If you do not like this then you might check to see if you have a heart. http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/01/29/tru ... atch-this/
Yeah that's a cute commercial and all, but I'm more than slightly disturbed that you found it on the Glenn Beck website lol. Please tell me someone sent you the link and that you don't actually frequent this site xD.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Reignman wrote:Yeah that's a cute commercial and all, but I'm more than slightly disturbed that you found it on the Glenn Beck website lol. Please tell me someone sent you the link and that you don't actually frequent this site xD.
Whatcha got against Beck? Hes one of the few that doesn't kiss the Rep or Dems tail. Even Fox news fired him. I like libertarian views. Don't care for the pot thing, unless they have some kind of test for driving stoned, other then that, who cares? People take prescribed drugs every day.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Take the political discussion elsewhere guys. Thanks.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Maybe now all this Peyton manning being the greatest QB ever talk will die down. He looked aweful the whole game and very awkward handing the ball off to RBs
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Laserman wrote:Maybe now all this Peyton manning being the greatest QB ever talk will die down. He looked aweful the whole game and very awkward handing the ball off to RBs

I said that in another thread and got blasted. I have always thought Peyton was extremely overrated, ESPECIALLY in the post season. I would take his brother on my team before him any day.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Reignman wrote:Yeah that's a cute commercial and all, but I'm more than slightly disturbed that you found it on the Glenn Beck website lol. Please tell me someone sent you the link and that you don't actually frequent this site xD.
Yep I am a conservative, Beck,Limbaugh,Hannity, but we don't talk about politics on this site. Just Vikings.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

peyton manning gets rattled much easier than eli. eli is just on a bad team right now.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

hibbingviking wrote:peyton manning gets rattled much easier than eli. eli is just on a bad team right now.
Really? Eli had the worst passing stats of any starting QB this year.
Eli Manning did really suck this year.

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

Purple bruise wrote: Really? Eli had the worst passing stats of any starting QB this year.

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
Even worse than Ponder? So you're saying there is a chance...? Image

:rofl:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Purple bruise wrote: Really? Eli had the worst passing stats of any starting QB this year.

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
He never really is that good. I have to say he SB wins are luck. I cant remember his stats during the SB games, but I don't think they were that great. They just got the good breaks their last SB run. Something the Vikes rarely get.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: He never really is that good. I have to say he SB wins are luck. I cant remember his stats during the SB games, but I don't think they were that great. They just got the good breaks their last SB run. Something the Vikes rarely get.
Yeah, one amazing catch per super bowl....they don't get caught, the team loses. Pretty big plays that he was part of, but hardly the larger part of.

But shortly after those super bowls he's "elite". The guy isn't elite, and never has been. he's a good QB who was on some pretty well put together teams.

Elite. :steamed: