Officially eliminated

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

joe h
Veteran

Officially eliminated

Post by joe h »

Can the rest of us with an ounce of common sense start looking forward to a decent draft pick, hope for a new gm and coach, and stop pretending to pissed after losses. Nothing left to play for, even the perennial stat padders are either injured or unrestricted FA after this season.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Officially eliminated

Post by Just Me »

joe h wrote:Can the rest of us with an ounce of common sense start looking forward to a decent draft pick, hope for a new gm and coach, and stop pretending to pissed after losses. Nothing left to play for, even the perennial stat padders are either injured or unrestricted FA after this season.
No.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

joe h wrote:Can the rest of us with an ounce of common sense start looking forward to a decent draft pick, hope for a new gm and coach, and stop pretending to pissed after losses. Nothing left to play for, even the perennial stat padders are either injured or unrestricted FA after this season.
Believe it or not, as crazy as it sounds, fans like to win regardless of the situation.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

The vikings sure were "Official"ly eliminated in the game today
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Crax wrote:The vikings sure were "Official"ly eliminated in the game today
:appl: Well played... 8)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

As long as I live, I will never cheer for the vikings to lose. After the game, I will comfort myself knowing their draft pick is better, but I will NEVER cheer for them to lose.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Tell me you weren't excited when TG scored that TD late when every was pretty sure the game was over after Baltimore took the lead. And tell me again you weren't equally excited when Patterson also scored in the final 45 seconds to give us another lead?

Well I was excited until I saw how much time was left after both plays. After the Gerhart TD I think my exact words were, "TD!!!! ... uh oh, did we score too fast?" and after the Patterson TD, "NO FRIGGIN WAY! ... but damn, still too much time remaining". And after the 3rd time we blew the lead in the final 2 minutes I think I was just sick to my stomach.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

beardedterror wrote:As long as I live, I will never cheer for the vikings to lose. After the game, I will comfort myself knowing their draft pick is better, but I will NEVER cheer for them to lose.
+1. Great way to state it.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Reignman wrote:Tell me you weren't excited when TG scored that TD late when every was pretty sure the game was over after Baltimore took the lead. And tell me again you weren't equally excited when Patterson also scored in the final 45 seconds to give us another lead?

Well I was excited until I saw how much time was left after both plays. After the Gerhart TD I think my exact words were, "TD!!!! ... uh oh, did we score too fast?" and after the Patterson TD, "NO FRIGGIN WAY! ... but damn, still too much time remaining". And after the 3rd time we blew the lead in the final 2 minutes I think I was just sick to my stomach.

We didn't blow it the third time. We intercepted the ball. The refs decided to give this game to the Ravens
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

beardedterror wrote:As long as I live, I will never cheer for the vikings to lose. After the game, I will comfort myself knowing their draft pick is better, but I will NEVER cheer for them to lose.
+1
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

We were "officially" eliminated, I agree.

thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

I don't sense any common sense from this post. How about we just enjoy the game and hope the Vikings win every Sunday and worry about NEXT season after THIS season is over. Kthxbye
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

thatguy wrote: I don't sense any common sense from this post. How about we just enjoy the game and hope the Vikings win every Sunday and worry about NEXT season after THIS season is over. Kthxbye
Why would any "fan" hope for something that negatively affects the team they root for?

That's MADNESS!

And this is SPARTA!

Let's not screw ourselves again...we could be benefiting from RGIII trade...but nooo we had to win and get AD injured. Hey look, AD injured again in an "almost" win to screw our draft position.

I'll take first pick at players over another team any day of the week...

Losing benefits this team more than winning...#1 overall pick here we come! Hopefully! Skol Vikings! Heal up Ponder, we need you for our tanking effort!
REAL Vikings fans unite!

:rofl:
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Speilman missed on a QB BADLY! But he seems to have landed some pretty good players in the last 2 drafts. I am not in favor of turning over the GM position at this time, there needs to be some stability in the organization. If he misses again on QB, or fails to draft any, I at that point will be done with him.

he also deserves a +1 for getting a 1 for a disgruntled WR, plus a 3rd.
This space available for rent.