We've given up... right?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

themarksmann
Practice Squad

Re: We've given up... right?

Post by themarksmann »

I have not given up on the season, even though we have a tougher schedule than last year we can still make up ground and show improvement. I don't think we will make the playoffs but i would like to at least see these players play up to the salary's they receive. Otherwise i'm signing up for the NFL, because even though i suck i can still make millions. Hell yeah!
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Even though many things look bleak in Vikings land, there is new blood is in the locker room. No matter where it came from and how, it's a new bag hanging! Give it two games to see what happens, then, we'll see. No, I haven't given up on the Vikes yet. There are so many teams all in the middle, so much alike, even though the records show a 1-3 game w/l margin, they are all still alike, and there is a long season to go.

...wisdom through "two" more games!
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

vikeinmontana wrote: :thumbsup:

yes! I KNEW we'd be able to find a way to make this a ponder thread! great work. :thumbsup:
We're on our third QB in less than half the season. We're done. Well done. Stick a fork in us. Not only that but our defense is pathetic. Passing, rushing, scoring...everything. And we lost one of our best defensive players....
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Demi gave up when the doctor slapped him on the ####.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote: Does his mother dress him funny?
I do that myself.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

GoldenBear91 wrote:Is it safe to say that we (vikings nation) has mostly given up on the season? I don't see any reason to hope for a winning streak that would make up for our slow start. We are potentially starting a QB that was cut from another team, so basically somebody's lost cause is our new hope. Not a great sign most of the time. Is there anybody who has not given up on this season?
Not me. I see them at 1-3. If the beat the Giants, 2-3 and only 2 games back of the division leaders. Still have to play the Packer twice and Lions and Bears again. Packers haven't played the Bears yet. Still win the division? Possible, not probable. Playoffs? Numerically possible, not probable. Bradford went down today, AZ is not playing well, Foles is injured, as well as Vick. Anything can happen. Although as of right now, the Vikings would be picking 4th in the draft.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Eli wrote:Demi gave up when the doctor slapped him on the ####.
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html
1.3% chance of playoffs
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html
98% chance of no playoffs
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds
.3% chance

Whatever you say. :rofl:
"Possible. Not Probable".
It's reality, not negativity. :thumbsup:
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Demi wrote: We're on our third QB in less than half the season. We're done. Well done. Stick a fork in us. Not only that but our defense is pathetic. Passing, rushing, scoring...everything. And we lost one of our best defensive players....
oh I never said one way or another what I think about the team going forward. I certainly wouldn't bet money on us winning a bunch of games and making the playoffs. I was simply congratulating you on the effort of making this a ponder thread. it's going to be harder and harder seeing as though he'll never see the field again barring a major injury. so you have your work cut out for you. :wink:
i'm ready for a beer.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

vikeinmontana wrote:
I was simply congratulating you on the effort of making this a ponder thread. it's going to be harder and harder seeing as though he'll never see the field again barring a major injury. so you have your work cut out for you. :wink:
Are you sure? People still bring up Jackson a lot. I imagine the Ponder references will be here to stay--for at least a few more years regardless of playing time. :)

As far as giving up, only quitters do that. You. play. to. win. the. game. So until there are no more games, I expect to win. Some view that as good, and some view that as stupid. Oh well. You're probably not the fans paying hundreds of dollars to watch them live. :) Trust me, you'd want to see them win regardless of what that meant for the draft. Playoffs and such? Eh, doubtful, but we have some guys on this team who need to be evaluated, and we have more wins to find somewhere in our schedule.

...or maybe this year is just one big preseason. :?
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

I've given up, mostly because I want to see major change in terms of coaches.
That said, it doesn't mean that I'm going to stop cheering for the Vikes. I'll cheer every game and hope for a win.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I have given up. That said, I am still going to watch every game and hope they win. Heck, I even have tickets to two games this year and cannot wait to go!

This is 2011 all over again except with more offensive display (take that anyway you want to interpret it hahaha). This team really has sucked this year. I cannot even begin to wonder how many yards Aaron Rodgers will put up against us this year. The ceiling for this team is 5-11.
Yeah, pretty much where I'm at as well. I'll root for a win and watch the team but I'm not expecting much. I just want to see if we have anything in Freeman or not and maybe hodges / mauti / patterson / rhodes / floyd getting more playing time, I might be missing someone.

I'm about 80% sure we need new coaches across the board and of course a better draft pick is a plus for next year so every loss is a bit of a consolation prize. I won't root for losses because I believe everything will play itself out, if we're really that bad we'll lose a lot, if not, we'll turn it around.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I would even be happy if we didn't win another game, but figured out what we are doing wrong on defense. And why it looks like maybe we are going 3-4, but then sign Robo to a huge contract.
tnvikesfan
Starter

Post by tnvikesfan »

Not much hope here. But, since I did fork out for Sunday Ticket, I will watch. Next year? We'll see what happens in the offseason if I'm gonna spring for it.

It may not be that much money in the scheme of things, but if all it does is hack me off I won't spend it. I can go to work to get annoyed, and they pay me.
~Ginny~

A woman is only vulnerable while her nails are wet. Even then, she can pull the trigger if she needs to.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Hope? Even in a down year the team will sabotage itself with Freeman, win 6-7 games and lose out on Clowney or an elite QB prospect. And the cycle continues. :(
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Demi wrote:Hope? Even in a down year the team will sabotage itself with Freeman, win 6-7 games and lose out on Clowney or an elite QB prospect. And the cycle continues. :(
Elite, huh? Elite QB prospect?

I think I have as much hope in us making the playoffs as I do in us landing an elite quarterback in the draft, regardless of where we pick. I think the word elite is used too much. They are so, so, so rare. Sure would be nice, though. So would putting a couple wins together and turning this season around. 8)